What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

Perth Red

Post Whore
So what or are you saying he should be thrown onto the street.

Look I feel sorry for the alleged victim, but this young bloke undoubtedly needs help.

Tbh I'd have no problem with seeing any player done for assaulting a woman thrown onto the street. There are plenty of govt services they can access if they want to address their problem, the NRL owes them nothing if they sht on the game that has given them an opportunity of a lifetime.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He's clearly not going to end up on the streets. He doesn't like to use his background to excuse his behaviour but if its needed legally his legal team is going to bring out every bit of his shitty upbringing. Its more a question of what should be done to prevent this kind of thing.

If you look at the nfl a lot of players come from pretty awful backgrounds and the millions of dollars and success can be crushing to a certain type of person. Obviously fergo isn't earning millions but he's on good money. Its just an interesting issue.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I do not think any of us even understand why he made a mistake like this. I wonder what support processes he has in place?

The woman involved, on the basis of what we know, has every reason to lodge a complaint. It is very difficult to feel any sympathy for him at all to be honest.

You and the pommy from WA are hard bastards. Sympathy is probably not the right word, but I just don't want to see Blake become another statistic.

He has serious issues, needs help and, hopefully, one day can return to playing football and make a success out of his life.

elbusto

Coach
He's clearly not going to end up on the streets. He doesn't like to use his background to excuse his behaviour but if its needed legally his legal team is going to bring out every bit of his shitty upbringing. Its more a question of what should be done to prevent this kind of thing.

If you look at the nfl a lot of players come from pretty awful backgrounds and the millions of dollars and success can be crushing to a certain type of person. Obviously fergo isn't earning millions but he's on good money. Its just an interesting issue.
The difference is that the NFL is a dumping ground for wayward players. They come and they go and there are plenty to replace them as they fall by the way side.

We are a bit better than that (I hope).

elbusto

Coach
You and the pommy from WA are hard bastards. Sympathy is probably not the right word, but I just don't want to see Blake become another statistic.

He has serious issues, needs help and, hopefully, one day can return to playing football and make a success out of his life.
Agreed. See my post above.

seanoff

Juniors
He obviously lacks anything that resembles a functioning brain. How many times has he done stupid shit while pissed. Spitting on people, being a general idiot, any then being pissed, getting ejected, going back inside and being charged with indecent assault. Deserves his de-registration for being a serial dickhead.

If dugan was with him, he needs a good slap too, several probably. When ferguson was booted, dugan should have gone with him and taken him back to the hotel.

Not a functioning synapse between the pair of them.

Bumble

First Grade
The way you guys are carrying on is that if he weren't a footballer he'd be a homeless person. Please. It's not the NRL's job to make him stop being a dickhead. Yes, he's clearly troubled but the fact that he's a footy player shouldn't earn him preferential treatment.

Go and work in the mines or as a builder - or go overseas and play rugger with your boyfriend Sandor. I very much doubt he'd starve to death without the NRL.

magpie4ever

First Grade

Mate, you might know him at personal level so I hope you are right; but, he is what 23; so he still has a long time on this earth and he wouldn't be the first to end up at street level. I just hope all the support is there.

TimmyB

Juniors
Prison is full of people who need help, or fckwit animals who don't know how to behave themselves in a civilised society, depending on your point of view.

Ever been to a prison? It's full of people with mental illnesses, learning disabilities, and critically low intellect.

And yeah there's scumbags too.

The world's not such a simple place old mate.

Police and teachers are stood down if they are been charged,.

Its been proven Fergo prob admitted to be drunk and charged back into the club which is enough for him to be suspended just for that...

why are you defending idiot like fergo

..his damaging the game with Repeated disgraceful conduct..

do you know a few months ago he got pissed and spat at people in the crowd ?

You keep saying police & teachers like they're somehow related to an NRL player. They have infinitely more important jobs.

And I'm not defending ferguson. Your belief that I am only goes to show how stupid you really are.

I'm defending an individuals rights to fair process.

elbusto

Coach
The way you guys are carrying on is that if he weren't a footballer he'd be a homeless person. Please. It's not the NRL's job to make him stop being a dickhead. Yes, he's clearly troubled but the fact that he's a footy player shouldn't earn him preferential treatment.

Go and work in the mines or as a builder - or go overseas and play rugger with your boyfriend Sandor. I very much doubt he'd starve to death without the NRL.
Fair call.

seanoff

Juniors

Turn up pissed in a mine. See how long your employment lasts. Seconds would be my best guess

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Mate, you might know him at personal level so I hope you are right; but, he is what 23; so he still has a long time on this earth and he wouldn't be the first to end up at street level. I just hope all the support is there.

I don't even think the raiders will sack him. I might be wrong here but the two big name players they have sacked one was a huge pain in the arse and basically walked out on his contract and Toddles hilariously tried to negotiate his punishment.

Blake is a pretty malleable dude. He will agree to follow pretty much anything the raiders ask of him I suspect. He might not play nrl for awhile but I feel that the raiders will back him. Especially after we had no support from the nrl over Dugan.

Don't do yourself a disservice by wheeling out the personal insults. You are allowing your hatred of the media to cloud your judgement. There is literally nothing else the NRL could have done except what they have. He has not been stood down over the allegations. He has been stood down because of his continual contempt for how an NRL footballer should conduct themselves.

The personal insult was directed at kmav , have you never read his posts ?

And my hatred of the media has nothing to do with my beliefs on this matter , but thanks for trying.

I believe strongly if due process

Swamp

Juniors
Yep , lets just suspend any sort of due process because we've got to look like we're doing something :sarcasm:
As the post I was reponding suggested, the police had no hesitation charging him. DS is obviously making stern warning of enough is enough. And to think this was less than a week after Tamou. It really beggars belief that this pair even went out on the p#ss together let alone get into trouble on the eve of origin camp. I for one am over having to constantly defend the code when these geniuss do their damnedest to bring all the good work of others undone.

TimmyB

Juniors

It's hard to argue with your post. I don't think the NRL has an obligation to help Ferguson out.

That said, I hope they do. He's difficult upbringing does change the complexion a little to me. One only needs to look at crime rates against socioeconomic status to see there is a link.

I'm not sure that permanently deregistering Ferguson really does anything for improving the way women are treated in the game. An extremely harsh punishment together with helping him through his issues is a powerful statement. Provided they can actually get it to work.

I'm a noted soft touch though. It's sad to me to see someone come from a difficult background, have the world at his feet and then f**k it up. It's upsetting.

TimmyB

Juniors
It's obvious and goes without saying, so I didn't, but obviously it's a horrible thing for the victim to go I don't mean to make light of it. One would hope if there are any longlasting consequences for her that Ferguson/Canberra/the NRL foot the cost of any professional assistance she requires.