What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

cleary89

Coach
She won't be incarcerated you idiot. The girl who accused Brett Stewart wasn't. how can the courts prove the reverse lmao

prosecution : did you lie about being sexually assaulted

girl: nope

case dismissed.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...ld-on-his-career/story-fni3fqyo-1226665304139

The daily telegraph and all but if he just denies doing it the case might be hard to establish with that as the evidence

Sorry, mixed the details up. 2 years in jail for accusing 3 men.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...d-for-fake-rape-claims-against-three-men.html

Now add in blackmail, you think she'd get off with no consequences after answering one question?

Edit: 35 people in the last 17 months been convicted for falsely accusing rape in the UK. Obviously insignificant amount and it's the UK, but your whole theory of 'I'll f**k someone and then blackmail them for 50k so they get stood down for a few weeks' is pretty dumb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/21016808

Last edited:

First Grade
The NRL are not jumping at shadows, as many people on here are suggesting. The police took less than 24 f**king hours to find merit in convicting him. They must have some pretty conclusive evidence. That, coupled with Fergusons on record history and what the hell were the NRL supposed to do??

They could have just let it go, then cop the negative headlines in the rags tomorrow morning, calling them soft on offences against women. You KNOW that would have happened. They needed to make a stand and they did, and for that I commend them. We do not need more sensationalist garbage on our heads going into Origin 2. I love sticking it to the media and the wowsers as much as the next guy, but we do not have that luxury in this instance.

Ferguson is a moron with a bad attitude. The Raiders were wrong to give him a lifeline and this is the proof of it. Ferguson has played his last game of NRL football and we all know it deep down, so the Raiders and Blues faithful had better start getting used to it.

Some people should not comment on things they know nothing about.
1. In Australia we the public DO NOT press charges, we make a complaint the constabulary press charges.
2. In your case the police DO NOT convict people they charge them and the judicial system determines innocence or guilt. If found guilty then they are convicted.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It says in the article she admitted to lying to the police. Are you all there mate. Aren't you a teacher ? Show some critical thinking skills please.

If a person does not admit to lying and just sticks to the story. Particularly in a he said she said situation its highly unlikely a conviction will be made. Its why sexual assaults are so difficult for a prosecution to meet the burden of proof.

Without evidence please explain how the prosecution is expected to meet its burden of proof. Cheers.

First Grade
I can't speak for others , but I'd defend due process for anyone.
This is not about ferguson for me , it's about due process.
Let me be clear , if ferguson is found guilty I hope he serves a custodial sentence. The accusations against him are vile & outrageous.

It is admirable that you are so passionate about due process. The thing you are failing to consider is, none of us know if Ferguson had conditions placed on him by the NRL or the raiders after his rooftop cruiser drinking androtropry. For all we know the NRL have every right to suspend just for walking into a licensed establishment.

Several jobs have conditions and terms placed upon your ongoing employment, if you breach those terms or conditions your employer has every right to suspend your employment.

When i was in the Army if one of my diggers turned up for work drunk I put him in Jail.

Don't get so worked up defending this fool as you me and everyone else on here have no idea what restrictions the NRL placed on his ongoing employment.

Brutus

Referee
Just kick him out of the game.

He can do a TAFE course or play rugby union or join GWS.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It is admirable that you are so passionate about due process. The thing you are failing to consider is, none of us know if Ferguson had conditions placed on him by the NRL or the raiders after his rooftop cruiser drinking androtropry. For all we know the NRL have every right to suspend just for walking into a licensed establishment.

Several jobs have conditions and terms placed upon your ongoing employment, if you breach those terms or conditions your employer has every right to suspend your employment.

When i was in the Army if one of my diggers turned up for work drunk I put him in Jail.

Don't get so worked up defending this fool as you me and everyone else on here have no idea what restrictions the NRL placed on his ongoing employment.

I'm fairly sure he was on a self imposed booze ban as part of his rehabilitation for the club that expired a couple of weeks ago. i don't think he's breached raiders policy here outside of maybe lying about his reasons for going down early.

edit

also while he didn't do anything too bad good to see duges treating injury recovery like a huge joke once again. That was such a farce at the raiders and old habits die hard. I'd be annoyed if I was dragons management. When will this idiot learn not to drink when rehabbing

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Going by the DT article, there's no visual proof that Ferguson did anything wrong, if anything the only proof is that he was assaulted by some woman.

shiznit

Coach
From Andrew Voss 10mins ago

@AndrewVoss9: I am hearing a souths player charged by police for incident in Cairns. More shortly on @NewsTalk2UE

shiznit

Coach
The game just can't get a break at the moment.

Whatever it is I hope it's not too serious...

David Gallop must be the happiest bloke on earth at the moment

SharkShocked

Bench
Going by the DT article, there's no visual proof that Ferguson did anything wrong, if anything the only proof is that he was assaulted by some woman.

Just out of interest, do you consider a female slapping a guy who's been inappropriate assault?

Cause I'm pretty sure you'd need to hand your balls back to the men's club and return to the little boy's club.

If I approached a woman and said something inappropriate or touched a women who did not want my advance and I was slapped.... I'd more than likely be walking off embarrassed and red faced.

The last thing I would be thinking about is that SHE assaulted me.

Please note: I am not at all saying he has said or acted inappropriately, that will all come out in time, this is purely speculative.

I just can't see how any Man could consider a females slap as assault, who in their right mind would even want to report that to police.

I imagine you'd be met with laughter and if you weren't you should be.

carcharias

Immortal
999267_481092991964910_1756902545_n.jpg

this been done yet?

franklin2323

Immortal
FMD if he was not a NRL player but a guy named ALi from western suburbs who has history of spitting on people when drunk... and he was charged indecent assault

you think he would get 1 person feeling sorry for him ?

would you defend him if he was stood down from his job ?

So you didn't see the front page of yesterday's paper? Do you think Everyone in those assualt's were stood down?

Granted it is pretty stupid to be out drinking with the possiblity of trouble but facts aren't known yet. If like with Tamou he's guilty then stand him down