What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

Walt Flanigan

Referee
So NSW can essentially thank their eighth straight loss on a couple of bogans and selectors so desperate that they would piss away their credibility. That's something to be proud of.

Didn't say they'd lose. Just said QLD might get a sniff.

A 3 - 0 whitewash is still most likely.

_Johnsy

Referee
So NSW can essentially thank their eighth straight loss on a couple of bogans and selectors so desperate that they would piss away their credibility. That's something to be proud of.

Darius Boyd, Sam Thaiday, Karmichael Hunt 2009. All selected & played the subsequent 3 Origin games. I'm guessing you applied the same harsh criteria to those 3 and the QLD selectors/

Whinging hypocrite or us plan stooooopid? I'd guess both.

_Johnsy

Referee
1012103_546119882101180_376010417_n.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Darius Boyd, Sam Thaiday, Karmichael Hunt 2009. All selected & played the subsequent 3 Origin games. I'm guessing you applied the same harsh criteria to those 3 and the QLD selectors/

They didn't tweet pics of themselves sitting on a roof drinking cruisers, giving the finger to the camera. They weren't dumped by their clubs then given an automatic selection in Origin. Are you digging for a way to back up your dipshit players who can't keep their faces out of the papers or are you just a schizophrenic fool.

thenry

Juniors

Yeah didn't that happen in the finals 2008. So the subsequent origin they were selected in was the next season altogether...? Long bow mate.

Card Shark

Immortal
Care to elaborate, without the hysteria thanks.

He got rissoled from Canberra for repeat misdemeanours & the next thing he signs with the Dragons . 3 weeks later he's selected for SOO.

He is bad publicity for the game & shouldn't be rewarded with a rep jersey so soon. I understand there are others before him that have been equally as quickly given a rep jumper - I just don't agree with it.

gronkathon

First Grade
He got rissoled from Canberra for repeat misdemeanours & the next thing he signs with the Dragons . 3 weeks later he's selected for SOO.

He is bad publicity for the game & shouldn't be rewarded with a rep jersey so soon. I understand there are others before him that have been equally as quickly given a rep jumper - I just don't agree with it.

Ridemshun

Alsmug

Juniors
whatever the outcome, ?s have to be asked wtf was he and Dugan doing out after the season they have had to date off the field, between them they possess less than half a brain , i hate seeing naturally gifted players with sh#t for brains. The priority is winning the origon and achieving this in Brisbane , surely even these 2 dumb asses were aware it was a risk not needed. This is an unneeded distraction

Danish

Referee
They didn't tweet pics of themselves sitting on a roof drinking cruisers, giving the finger to the camera. They weren't dumped by their clubs then given an automatic selection in Origin. Are you digging for a way to back up your dipshit players who can't keep their faces out of the papers or are you just a schizophrenic fool.

Giving the finger on camera certainly is MUCH worse than trying to go the bun on a chick in the disabled boggers, also on camera

Kiwi

First Grade
Yeah that's right, but it's more about the sacking of marquee players like Carney and Dugan. I'd imagine it would take quite a bit for the Tigers to sack someone like Marshall or Farah.

Carney and Dugan weren't sacked over night over one incident. Don't take the moral high ground when the Raiders only Sacked Dugan when he refused to play for them anymore and Carney had how many chances> Ask Steve Irwin about Carney.

If Dugan had of turned up to training and played he'd still be a Raider.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Carney and Dugan weren't sacked over night over one incident. Don't take the moral high ground when the Raiders only Sacked Dugan when he refused to play for them anymore and Carney had how many chances> Ask Steve Irwin about Carney.

If Dugan had of turned up to training and played he'd still be a Raider.

Did I say that they were??

We all know the story, don't act like you know better. Maybe try addressing my point.

You can also tell me when Dugan "refused" to play for Canberra. Considering he was sacked between Rd 1 and 2, it would seem he wouldn't have had that opportunity.

kmav23

Juniors
this is really bad !!!! Ben Teo BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only bad things happen in cronulla.. NRL players should be banned from conulla area

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/origin-player-in-nightclub-incident/story-fndv2twz-1226664946702

UPDATE: NSW Origin winger Blake Ferguson has been questioned by police after a female accused the star of inappropriately touching her at a Cronulla bar last night.

Ferguson was drinking with former Raiders teammate Josh Dugan at 2230 Restaurant and Bar in Cronulla Mall when the alleged incident occurred around 10:30pm.

According to a witness who spoke to The Daily Telegraph on the condition of anonymity, Ferguson was substantially intoxicated while Dugan was relatively well behaved in comparison.

At one point, Ferguson was refused re-entry to the premises by security, who were acting on the advice of local police.

But according to the witness, Ferguson re-entered through a rear door that opened into the kitchen.

It's understood he pushed past a chef, before returning to the main bar area. Staff believe he was familiar with the bar, having visited several times while playing for Cronulla.

It was upon Ferguson's return that the alleged incident took place, with a female taking exception to his behaviour and slapping him across the face.

Ferguson left the bar at that point, while the woman and her boyfriend made an immediate complaint to police.

It's believed she told police that Ferguson touched her inappropriately.

FROM BOOZE TO BLUES FOR DOOGS

Officers ordered CCTV footage last night and also interviewed Ferguson at Miranda police station.

He was released early this morning. No charges have been laid as yet, with police continuing to review the CCTV footage and appeal to witnesses for further evidence.

Both players were at the Blues camp in Sydney this morning and were taken up in a lift with a team official for a meeting with coach Laurie Daley.

Daley later emerged to speak to the media and confirm the investigation.

"We have been made aware of an allegation and have been in contact with the NRL's integrity unit,'' Daley said, reading from a prepared statement.

"We will continue to cooperate with the police investigation.

"Josh Dugan was with Blake at the time, but there has been no allegations made against [Dugan] and we will update you as the matter continues.''

Raiders make it 10 straight at home with win over Panthers

The Blues released a statement, saying: "NSW team management has been made aware of an alleged incident involving Blake Ferguson last night prior to his arrival in the NSW Origin camp today.

"NSW team management is treating the matter seriously and will continue to work with the NRL Integrity Unit, the Raiders and the police to determine exactly what has happened."

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club was made aware of the incident by the NRL.

“At this stage we are working with police, NSW League management and the NRL Integrity Unit and will make no further comment the facts can be properly established."

2230 Restaurant and Bar licensee Scott Matteson confirmed both Ferguson and Dugan were at the venue.

"We got a request later in the night from police for some footage in relation to an alleged assault, which was provided to police,'' Matteson said.

Matteson said he was unaware what the allegation involved but added there were about 70 people in the bar at the time.

"I was there. I wasn't in the vicinity of it but I was at the bar,'' he said.

Ferguson has had a string of disciplinary problems this year.

He was suspended earlier this season, fined $10,000 and ordered to undergo counselling after a drinking session with Dugan.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
The Dugan is a gentleman and a scholar. I won't hear a bad word said against him. Also, the Dragons desperately need a decent centre. If you wouldn't mind thanks Canbraaa?