What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bottom 4 certains

Talanexor

Juniors
I actually think the Sharks will surprise a lot of people this year.

They've still got a solid forward pack, but they finally have some creativity in the halves and some speed out wide to capitalise on it.

Would not be surprised to see them make the 8.

thommo4pm

Coach
We do? :lol:

Carney & Graham in the halves are decent, assuming Carney plays to his potential.
Gardener is quality.
I don't mind Nathan Stapleton & Mills looked decent last year also in his few runs in 1st grade.
Fix up your centres and all of a sudden your side isn't too bad.

I don't think you guys will be anywhere near the bottom 4.

Canard

Immortal
Anyone that claims some team is "certains" to finish bottom or top has rocks in there heads.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Agreed. Carney and Gallen will make sure they finish higher than that.

I'm not sure abuot the Panthers. Backline looks ok but they will need luck with injuries.

Saints don't look anywhere near as threatening but being the media darlings they are, Channel nine will be all over them for the first ten rounds at least. I think they miss the eight this year.

:lol: a vintage legend saints whinge. By media darlings you mean the simple fact they're one of the highest rating sides in the comp you mean?

Good luck this season and may your rants get more desperate as the year goes on, as usual

legend

Coach
Not fussed if we finish dead last but all I know is the Raiders will own the Dragons...again!

That's a successfu season for me.

Besides, that was hardly a "rant". I save those for my own side. Just ask Skeepe. ;-)

BTW, my "rant" was more aimed at Nine, not Saints.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I had the panthers for the spoon. Roster just doesn't compare to the the majority of the clubs. Starnger things have happend though and there is usually atleast one suprise for this title, most of the time it's a side that made the semis the season before

The Engineers Room

First Grade
If we all posted a different end of season table the odds of one being right would not be good.

I had this discussion with a guy over the weekend and he was saying on 6 teams can win it. I point to the fact people wrote off the Sea Eagles last year at this time.

On who is in each roster and the potential for the team my best guess in no particular order would be:

Raiders
Titans
Roosters
Panthers

But I would not be surprised if any of these were in there:

Eels
Bulldogs
Sea Eagles
Warriors
Cowboys
Rabbitohs
Dragons
Sharks

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
If we lose Bowen, JT and Payne for season ending injuries in the All stars game then most likely bottom 4. Not likely to happen but still a possibility. Why these things are so hard to pick

adamkungl

Immortal
Methinks a lot of people picking Easts will be disappointed. Back end of last year when we pissed off Myles and Carney we looked decent, more settled, played some ok football. We didn't finish bottom 4 last year and I can't see it happening this year.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Not fussed if we finish dead last but all I know is the Raiders will own the Dragons...again!

That's a successfu season for me.

Besides, that was hardly a "rant". I save those for my own side. Just ask Skeepe. ;-)

BTW, my "rant" was more aimed at Nine, not Saints.

:lol: You gotta lift yo' expectations!

sputneek

Juniors
Anybody who doesn't put the Bulldogs as the spooners are fooling themselves. A team reliant on one finisher, and needs to purchase players and coaches every year they don't make the finals. This is a culture built on lies and failure, and the spoon belongs there.

betcats

Referee
Anybody who doesn't put the Bulldogs as the spooners are fooling themselves. A team reliant on one finisher, and needs to purchase players and coaches every year they don't make the finals. This is a culture built on lies and failure, and the spoon belongs there.

Its pretty sad when you are posting just to get a reaction from doggiebro.

legend

Coach
I agree. I thought they would do well until I had a look at their starting 17 and I was underwhelmed in a big way. Halves are dubious at best. Forward pack looks fragile. Franky is inconsistent and Graham is unproven in the NRL. Stagg is getting on and I think they will be pushed around by other forward packs on a regular basis.

They could surprise but I doubt it.

M2D2

Bench
I don't mind Nathan Stapleton & Mills looked decent last year also in his few runs in 1st grade.
Fix up your centres and all of a sudden your side isn't too bad.
Mills is too slow. Staps is injured. We still have Pom.

Latest posts