What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boyd to quit club

Still Nutty

Juniors
After the devastating news about Robin Williams that saw this insidious illness take him from this earth way too early, it is important to remember that the demons that saw him lose his battle are the same ones challenging Boyd.

I hope he is getting the help he needs right now and is making headway to deal with his illness.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Without seeming TOO insensitive. There is something very stinky about this. If he comes out and plays.a huge season with the broncos and plays from trial game to finish I'll be pissed. I'm fairly certain he admitted himself into rehab the week Bennett announced leaving so if he simply just wanted to not play for us anymore and used the rehab as excuse it's pretty low.

However I doubt we'll ever know because it's not like he's going to come out and have a 60min interview and reveal all. Best thing for me to do is just not care about it and look forward to the future for the knights.

TooheysNew

Coach
Without seeming TOO insensitive. There is something very stinky about this. If he comes out and plays.a huge season with the broncos and plays from trial game to finish I'll be pissed. I'm fairly certain he admitted himself into rehab the week Bennett announced leaving so if he simply just wanted to not play for us anymore and used the rehab as excuse it's pretty low.

However I doubt we'll ever know because it's not like he's going to come out and have a 60min interview and reveal all. Best thing for me to do is just not care about it and look forward to the future for the knights.

Wow. Just... wow.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Yeah I agree and wish him all the best as well. Admittedly it was a poor thought on my behalf. But I voices it. Can't go back on it now.

Darius is a very complex dude. No point trying to debate it. He needs Wayne in his life. I doubt he is leaving Newcastle out of spite. I do not believe this anything personal against the club. He needs to be close to those who love him and by all accounts that is countable on one hand. Call it circumstance.

Last edited:

giggity giggity

Juniors

I'll go one step further into the s**t and suggest that darius and bennett came up with this plan to,
A:get boyd some help to deal with the media scrutiny and his relationship breakdown.
B:with bennett obviously knowing the salary cap constraints at the donkeys,he devised a plan to have darius sit out the rest of the season with mental health issues,then in the off-season he heads home on compassionate grounds and the donkeys go and ask the NRL if they would be able to squeeze darius in there '15 cap on a lower contract than what he is really worth,knowing that atm they have no chance of squeezing him in their cap for '15 with his asking price of $750,000+ ,also knowing the NRL have his value at a lot more than what the donkeys can fit in.

Great article about Darius today. Really good to know he is making a giant step in the right direction. Also good to see him understand Football is just his job. I hope it has a happy ending with his family. he deserves to be happy. That smile is something we have never seen before. how good is it! It the smile of a bloke who is about to reboot his entire life. Would love to see the happy Darius go around with us again but it is obviously not going to happen.