What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boyd

RABK

Referee
Really? Like really? 6 weeks of fishing and no reaction, retort or laughs yet you persist with your failed trolling attempts. Kudos to you for the determination i guess, keep reaching for the stars.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Really? Like really? 6 weeks of fishing and no reaction, retort or laughs yet you persist with your failed trolling attempts. Kudos to you for the determination i guess, keep reaching for the stars.

I cannot respond as it might be considered off topic. We are discussing Darius's lack of producing the goods by the way.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Our halves arnt the issue mate, the lack of go forward is. Stop banging on about how Hornby and Soward made Darius look good because its absolute bullshit.

Our pack needs to roll on to give our brand new backline room to move the ball

FFS

Old_Timer

Juniors
...... Stop banging on about how Hornby and Soward made Darius look good because its absolute bullshit.

Sorry Joker, but I think you had better go and have a squiz at Darius during 2010 at his peak. He definitely was running off someone that had either 6 or 7 on their jumpers. :D

2011 was the start of the taper for Darius performance wise. While he was as safe as a bank deposit under a high ball, he lost the ability to threaten breaking a line with sheer power. Most of us thought he was carrying some long term chronic injury.

Upon viewing Darius's efforts with your mob so far, his enthusiasm for making the hard yards is simply not there. He is just not the player he was with us. Sorry to be so blunt.

For your sake I hope he has an absolute blinder tomorrow. Nothing like eating some humble pie every now and then.

Last edited:
I am confident Darius will come good Old Timer. You are confused i think. Our general point is he could do more to make things happen for him. Nothing wrong with that.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Fullbacks generally receive the ball from a half, its not rocket science to say so. That half doesn't make the run nor do they beat the man nor do they time the next pass to set up their outside man though, that's all up to the fullback from there.

You need to go and have a look at those games mate because you clearly can't see whats happening. Perhaps a nice pair of bifocals would help

Mr Fourex

Bench
But he is right.

Boyd's "genius" was only off the back of Soward and Hornby playing out of their skins (a feat yet to be repeated) in 2010.

He has been on the wane for some time since......

bit like the Dragons really

Personally I'd like to see Darius start playing well soon

what with SOO coming up and all.......

Old_Timer

Juniors
Joker you just dropped the ball with the line wide open. My point (are you reading, LOL) is that Darius needs the ball on a plate in the right part of the dinner table. Both Ben and Jamie knew exactly where to seat Darius if you get my drift.

Oh and thanks for the bifocals tip. I might have to trade in my seeing eye dog, LOL.

Joker's Wild

Coach
When there is no room for a backline to move, the halves can't get them clean ball. The Dragons had a dominant pack in 2010 but not so much in 2011.

Not a coincidence champ

Spot On

Coach
Our halves arnt the issue mate, the lack of go forward is. Stop banging on about how Hornby and Soward made Darius look good because its absolute bullshit.

Our pack needs to roll on to give our brand new backline room to move the ball

FFS

Geez I thought with all the Snowden love that we actually had go forward now?? When are we going to get some go forward then????? It seems as though we've never had it.

As far as I'm concerned we have horrible play makers and have since AJ retired. Mullo does look a shit load better this year but our halves really don't create much to trouble the scoreboard. I don't see any arguments there. Kurt has to go. Fingers crossed Tyrone produces something and Bennett finds Gidley a position.

Joker's Wild

Coach
1 good prop does not a forward pack make. Our boys just about never get a roll on and our backs get no momentum to play with.

Those classic left hand Dragons plays had little for their halves to do but get it wide and let Boyd, Creagh, Cooper and Morris do the rest

Frederick

Staff member
A performance in the uk super league can't be used as a yardstick for performance over here. James graham is supposedly England's best forward but he's hardly set the NRL on fire. The gulf between the two competitions is astoundingly huge. Just look at dureaus performances ffs!

Maybe but he was the same at The Storm. Hard worker. No frills. The whole ESL versus NRL debate is really a non event. Everyone knows the NRL is superior across the board. Pretty obvious .

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Geez Old Tmer, maybe you should be looking at your own halves after tonight. No, I say, nil points against the Sharks!!!!! Panic stations at the Drags hey!

Knight4life

Juniors
Old timer must of choked on his hot dog out shark park, poor sowwy couldn't even help the dwagons get a point.. Even our knights managed 3 tries against em with our "shit" halves combo ... No wait that was with Mullen n hilder.
Keep plugging away old timer

Latest posts