What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News: Brian Smith resigns effective immediately.

parralight

Juniors
dazeely said:
very dissapointing day for the club. he deserved better. has done wonders for the club and will be missed. everybody has a right to have an opinion but feel some on here are disrespecting what the man has done for the club. having said this I was happy he was leaving at the season end but wish it was done on better terms. Best of luck Brian.

Have you sobered up mate ??:lol:

fish eel

Immortal
Delboy said:
BS does try to out coach and we have paid for it, a lovely bloke but its sad to say he wasted this year and lost me when he made the comments when he got the Newcastle job, unfortunatley this is the facts . It is not the first time he has not finished a contract

yep.

I pointed that out on here a few weeks ago and coped a bit for it.

I think after the passage of time, smith will look back on this year with a heap of regret. should have been his year

Utey

Coach
dazeely said:
Brian lived and breathed Parra. Bled blue and gold. Sad he won't see the season out. Your too harsh on him champ.

I think his talking about your state of drunkeness

parralight

Juniors
Yeah I WAS talking about your sobriety Dazeely.
Mate you know how much I respect the man as a person.
We all have our own opinions.

dazeely

First Grade
<UPtheEELS> said:
I think his talking about your state of drunkeness

need a drink to drown my sorrows actually. Only problem is I'm still crook from having a dozen too many yesterday. dazeely had a good mothers day.

parralight

Juniors
And anyway - he bled Red and White whilst Dragons and Illawara Coach. Its a business and knowing Smithy he will go on to Newcastle and their colours.
I agree though, he certainly put his heart and soul into the club but as a professional, one would expect him to, Thats not to say he would favour one club over the other in the long run.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Well this will shut some dickheads here up for good. Now we have a reason to lose the rest of the season.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
DF will go out when Parra win their next Premiership, so he will be there for a while yet. Hasn't the courage to fall on his sord, his ego won't let him.
If Parra had won in the past few years do you think he would still be there now.
He wants the glory but it just isn't there.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
yea, i think im glad
im sure that brian saw that everything around him just wasn't working out and he decided to do the right thing

i saw him on the news, he looked drained and terrible. maybe 6 months off would do him good

jayman

Juniors
guess u can only take abuse for so long from fans media and co...

have to rem that it effects not only parra and brian but his family as well...it is only a game at the end of the day.. and they are playing with peoples lives

just hope hindmarsh doesnt leave the club instead of resigning next time his contract is up.. he was smiths number 1 supporter and smith nurtured him from the start... gurantee one of the reason hindmarsh resigned when were were struggling was coz of smith..for hindy to look up to smith like that really doesnt paint a picture of the devil most people here make smith out to be

Angry_eel

First Grade
jayman said:
just hope hindmarsh doesnt leave the club instead of resigning next time his contract is up.. he was smiths number 1 supporter and smith nurtured him from the start... gurantee one of the reason hindmarsh resigned when were were struggling was coz of smith..for hindy to look up to smith like that really doesnt paint a picture of the devil most people here make smith out to be
Hindy isn't that gutless. he would have given the media a clue that he'll leave after brain smith does.

the_eel

Juniors
parra-all-the-way said:
i know how i feel, DF SHOULD have fallen on his sword as well....

yeh its funny that somehow this bloke seems to dodge all the bloody bullets. I liked Smith...he definitely had his moments....but he gave me plenty of joy in his time at the Eels. Good luck to him in the future and i do take my hat off to him for biting the bullet.

Glenn

First Grade
Hindy Rulz said:
Matt Cameron has not been re-signed for next year and might actually follow Smith to the Knights.

Wasn't Matt Cameron going to be the only member of the coaching panel too be retained under Hagan?