What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News: Brian Smith resigns effective immediately.

pazzaeel

Juniors
parralight - u are an idiot.

i cant see this helping our season...but i will be glad to be proved wrong.

i am in no way a smithy lover, but the bloke has been treated like crap this year.

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
Glenn said:
Would hope so, purely because he can lay the ground work for Hagan next season and start working with him.
Also more likely to promote players from PL and prehaps Flegg in a view to next season.

Matt Cameron has not been re-signed for next year and might actually follow Smith to the Knights.

Hellsy

Immortal
Goodbye and Goodluck Brian :( :(
Thanks for everything you have made this club into in the last 10 years, hopefully Hagan will be able to keep that up

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
I watched the premmies game on Sunday and with that and what i saw from our first grade side, this is the team I hope JT picks for his first gig-

1-McKinnon
2-Williams
3-Wagon
4-Tahu
5-Grothe
6-Morris
7-Smith
8-Cayless
9-Riddell
10-Tsoulos
11-Hindmarsh
12-Morrison
13-H.Peranara

14-Marsh
15-Widders
16-Taia
17-Moi Moi

Delboy

First Grade
I think our season was set when the pre-season was a waste of time and our senior players played little football and it has showed.
BS does try to out coach and we have paid for it, a lovely bloke but its sad to say he wasted this year and lost me when he made the comments when he got the Newcastle job, unfortunatley this is the facts . It is not the first time he has not finished a contract
"The King is dead, long live the King"

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
About bloody time!!!

Goodbye and Good Riddance to Brian the Bridesmaid. Hopefully he takes his merry gang of nuffies with him.

Oh and Good Luck to him trying to fit into the Newcastle lifestyle.. he WILL need it.

Utey

Coach
I admire his guts for saying plain and simple that the players werent responding and he wasnt the man to get them out of the hole.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
hip hip hooray about time somthing had to give but it still wont change the fact we're still stuck in 13th spot.the only positive i can see is now some of the young blokes might get a run.all ican say is denis you've done it again

Parra Guru

Coach
Whilst I'm happy to see him go, I'm disappointed it's not under better circumstances.

This would have been a hard decision.

MRJUCY

Juniors
I've been waiting for this moment for a long time, it's great news. I didn't think we should fire him early as I didn't see the point in breaking a contract when our year was stuffed anyway but this is perfect.

parralight

Juniors
pazzaeel said:
parralight - u are an idiot.

i cant see this helping our season...but i will be glad to be proved wrong.

i am in no way a smithy lover, but the bloke has been treated like crap this year.

Ah found it now .. Thanks pazzaeel for your analysis :roll:

Im actually a Brian Smith fan, perhaps we could post our opinions without the personal attacks?

We obviously see things differently.

Redback71

First Grade
im so shocked just saw it on the news feel sorry for brian smith the bloody players are bunch of dickheads for letting him done its great that he done the honuarble thing and fell on his sword, well win this weekend for sure now but our season is definatley over now, be interesting to see the team announced 2morrow.

dazeely

First Grade
very dissapointing day for the club. he deserved better. has done wonders for the club and will be missed. everybody has a right to have an opinion but feel some on here are disrespecting what the man has done for the club. having said this I was happy he was leaving at the season end but wish it was done on better terms. Best of luck Brian.