What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News: Brian Smith resigns effective immediately.

Hurriflatch

Referee
JT is a lower grades coach (ok this year he got promoted to assistant coach) looking to make a name for himself.

Will be interesting to see what happens

If Parra turn around their season under JT this year and with JT headed to Souths next yeat it'll be intresting to see if McRae still has a job

i blame this fair and square with DF...wasnt he the one who said 10 years in one job is just too long (correct me if im wrong) how long has he been in the job...i feel our season is now officially dead and buried, gutted is the way i feel...

As for a replacement coach my head says taylor but my mind says someone who will be here next year...

WILL this change JT thoughts on leaving next year?? doubt it

nöyd

Staff member
Glenn said:
According to some yes, so using this logic it will also be the fault of who ever we have from now on.

Well god help that person then :D

El Diablo

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
I'm not sure if this a good move, jumping from a sinking ship is an easy way out.

This unSmithy like imo.

is this not the third time he's left a club like this?

Krakow

Juniors
Nickeel said:
It breaks my heart it has ended this way. Regardless of the fact he hasn't won the big one, he seems like the loveliest bloke you could meet and an astute football mind. Shame that we couldn't have parted on a high.

Good luck at Newcastle, Brian.

Nick

I don't know if it breaks my heart but you summed up the rest pretty well.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Hard decision for him to make, or did the club make it for him? He's a top notch bloke and it's sad to see him leave in those circumstances.

Good luck Smithy, no doubt a few players will be treading the same path at the end of the season as well.

Nickeel

Juniors
forward pass said:
Can't wait to hear the reasons. This is obviously an admittance that he has no idea how to get us out of this hole we're in!!!!

"No, no... dig up, stupid!"
- Chief Wiggum

Nick

Glenn

First Grade
jason taylor said:
Cameron should get the coaching job for the rest of the year because he will still be here next year and he got in to the Jersy Flegg GF

Would hope so, purely because he can lay the ground work for Hagan next season and start working with him.
Also more likely to promote players from PL and prehaps Flegg in a view to next season.

eelaholic

First Grade
_mUSASHI_ said:
I can confirm JT will be the coach for the remander of the season.

How can you confirm this??? The bloody board is currently in a meeting discussing that matter? Unless you are a fly on the wall with an itty bitty lap top???

I doubt there will be a decision until later this evening

Wobbygong

First Grade
One bit of good news players always fire up for the first week of a new coach, so Parra a specials this week put your house on it boys.

Hurriflatch

Referee
According to ch.10 the board is meeting at the moment to decide if JT or Cameron take over as coach for the rest of the year

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
eelaholic said:
How can you confirm this??? The bloody board is currently in a meeting discussing that matter? Unless you are a fly on the wall with an itty bitty lap top???

I doubt there will be a decision until later this evening

You know 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon,

well ive got 2 degrees of this Info.

JT will be named coach for the rest of this year.

nöyd

Staff member
Should we expect the signing of one J. Lyon in the very near future then?

parralight

Juniors
The best solution.
Perhaps whoever takes over will make some proper decisions regarding selections.
People like Peto etc who have been selected on reputations for this year should be punted and maybe - just maybe players will be rewarded for their performaces.

BD5733

Juniors
Plenty of black tape is needed now...

On one arm for Smith.

On the other for the 2006 season.

Latest posts