What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian McClennan Sacked

Loudstrat

Coach
F*cking sheep shaggers. If they punted him LAST week they would have smashed Penrith and we wouldnt end up with the f*cking spoon.

Kearney's revenge? Hope he goes well in Auckland - Johnson will go well for the Vulcans!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Warriors should look at:

- Nathan Brown - Yes his NRL coaching career wasn't the best, but he has refined his skills in the UK and done a great job with Huddersfield.
- Mick Potter - Great coach, now free agent due to the Bradford Bulls' financial issues... However, untested in NRL.
- Steve Fokes
- Graham Murray

Potter and Folkes would stick out from that group. I'd take a Folkes Kearney/Iro hierachy.

Big Mick

Referee
Always wondering how a mutual parting works...do the CEO and the coach pass each other in the hallway and say to each other at the same time "I don't think this is working I think we should part ways"

Juju

Juniors
I wonder what Cleary thinks of this - Penrith being the team to ice Bluey's coaching career...

First Grade
Warriors should look at:

- Nathan Brown - Yes his NRL coaching career wasn't the best, but he has refined his skills in the UK and done a great job with Huddersfield.
- Mick Potter - Great coach, now free agent due to the Bradford Bulls' financial issues... However, untested in NRL.
- Steve Fokes
- Graham Murray

Rick Stone

Big Mick

Referee
I wonder what Cleary thinks of this - Penrith being the team to ice Bluey's coaching career...

I'm sure he is loving it considering most NZ fans were saying Cleary was shite and team won in spite of him...yet same roster...and no finals or even competitive after making the Grand Final.

Brutus

Referee
[FKN-SIK];8611606;13251 said:
Daniel Anderson?

Good call.

I'd take Daniel Anderson with Debbie Spillaine as his assistant.

Then we could listen to more Wok and Thirsty on the ABC instead of the Spillaine dribble.

hitman82

Bench
Owen Glenn is a hard-nosed businessman who will be hating this embarrassment of a season. He won't want to appoint anyone who will make him look stupid if they fail.

IE, we will not hire Kearney as the head coach, because he recently failed in the NRL and the media would have a field day if he replicated those results for us.

We will not hire Daniel Anderson as he has had personality clashes with players here in the past, and a repeat would make our management look stupid.

We will not hire someone inexperienced or unproven in the NRL.

We'll get the best available proven NRL coach with the highest winning ratio and number of grand final appearances and wins.