What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos 2012 Thread

Mr Fourex

Bench
Wallace put in a lot of better kicks than Gillett's dinky little chip to Yow Yeh which Jharal made look better than what it was.

Wallace's kicking was extremely poor against Manly.

His cross field attempt in the 66th min exemplified that.......

For me it summed up what's wrong with his cross field kicks. No confidence.....not strong.....kick and hope

Big Pete

Referee
His first kick of the night had Manly trapped inside their own 10 before Hayne decided Sydney needed a team in the Grand Final.

Another kick set up Reed, only for Copley to fudge it up.

And that's where my memory basically stops until the brief fightback.

That kick may have been poor, but it wasn't helped by the poor lead up from Gillett.

broncos2010

Juniors
Guys Norman is not the answer. He looks like a good prospect but from what I have seen from him in the limited games for broncos and the occasional toyota cup game on tv I don't think he is the answer. You know you can tell from first sight when someone is going to be something special and I don't have this feeling about this kid maybe a avg first grader at best.

I also don't think capewell would do much better seen him at titans in that position couple times nothing special.

We need to look at recruiting in this position if we are serious about winning a premiership anytime soon.

We have the forwards and the backs but like many other clubs we are short in the halves that is why I am really worried about next year.

IBA

Juniors
We can't do much except hope for something to click in the preseason.

It's all doom and gloom about it around here but I don't think our options are that bad. Wallace is a underrated halfback, I honestly don't know what some of you people are watching at times, and giving one of our young guns a proper shot at it. I mean playing and training week in, week out in the position.

I agree I haven't seen much that really blows me away with our potentials but I've really only seen them thrown into the position with a couple of days practice with the team and the knowledge they will only be there for one game. Trying to play in a team that is built around Locky and him not being there must be exceedingly difficult.

Let's hope after a fantastic defensive season, they will see to it to spend a little more time on attack this preseason...

hellteam

First Grade
Hey if Hoffman can be a good five eight - go for it. We also have an awesome fullback in Beale.

Big Pete

Referee
Like I said on BHQ, I don't have a problem with Hoffy training with the halves but I think Norman and Hunt should be infront of him.

some11

Referee
Refreshing to hear so much good about the players relationship with Griffin, I don't think we'll see a capitulation under him the way we did with Henjak in 2010.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Hey if Hoffman can be a good five eight - go for it. We also have an awesome fullback in Beale.

Beale is a much better fullback than he is a winger or centre. In saying that I don't think he's better than Hoffman who's been outstanding since getting his chance. Dunno about Hunt in the halves anymore, he has struggled when first given his chance there and i really do wonder whether his position as backup hooker has affected his development over the past few years.

Norman looks like he's got the ability to create, but i dunno about his defense. Hoffman looks to me more as a runner than playmaker as well

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I don't think having a halves combo of Hoffman and Wallace will provide us with enough creativity. Beale and Hoffman are good ball runners so i can only see it working if Wallace and Macca step up big time and take the reigns next year.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
*With retired skipper Darren Lockyer playing his last game in the 30-8 final triumph over England, the Broncos will now get down to the serious business of finding a replacement five-eighth.
Griffin will trial Ben Hunt, Corey Norman and former Titan Luke Capewell alongside halfback Peter Wallace.
"I've said all along that Norman and Hunt will get first opportunity," the coach said.

Read this today on ninesmn so...who knows? Good to see Petro out in the paddock today for pre-season.:)

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I read on another forum that Norman is 102kg now? Thats insane! I wonder how it will affect his game if thats true and if he plays at around 100kg?

AuDragon

Juniors
I read on another forum that Norman is 102kg now? Thats insane! I wonder how it will affect his game if thats true and if he plays at around 100kg?
That sounds like bs to me. Corey definitely doesn't look 100 kg on this pic taken yesterday at Broncos pre-season training:

00032042-Photo.jpg

Or this one from a few days ago...

00032019-Photo.jpg

Juru Warrior

Juniors
He's definitely put on some muscle. 100kg might be a stretch but he has beefed up. Cept for the chicken legs. As long as his tackling technique is spot on he'll be right. He's not that much skinner than Lockyer. Does anyone know who's running the defence these days?

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Hanc said it was 8kg and I just realised that the guy who said he was 102kg just added the 8kg onto the weight it has Norman stated at on the Broncos website which is 94kg so who knows how much Norman weighed at the end of they year?

Big Pete

Referee
He's never stood out to me, but then again I didn't watch a whole lot of Queensland Cup this year.

Tall outside back who's apparently been training the house down early. Jack Reed wasn't anything THAT special in 2010 and he turned out to be one of the better centres in the competition.