What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

Perth Red

Post Whore
Have to admire Gee falling on his sword to protect the club. I assume he has been well "looked after". Some awesome under the rug sweeping there broncos, wish Storm had been as smart!

goodplayer

Juniors
naa . this is just normal . year to year behavior for the broncos. i zee nutning . i know nutning . i zee nutning

what you talking about willis ,

POPEYE

Coach
Got to smirk at the Part Time Police on LU, real cops solve 99% of cases because people talk too much . . . salary cap is equivalent to the priesthood

Kiwi

First Grade
Nothing to see here move along, now back to assembling a premiership side of fullbacks

Pierced Soul

First Grade
did Gee ever talk?

if not we'll never know the truth

did dank ever talk?

Wish I had 300K just lying around.....

should have asked Gee

i think the thing people are ignoring is the fact the nrl couldn't trace any of this money going to players or their managers...if 1 employee was doing dodgy stuff with money and say pocketing it for themselves it doesnt equate to a salary cap breach

Big Pete

Referee
Wish I had 300K just lying around.....

So do I.

Just so I can do this.

W8GgWzh.gif

Joker's Wild

Coach
Jeezus that all looks and sounds suss

"Oh that $300k. Yeah, I got it right here. All good now? Yep, righteo see ya later"

Canard

Immortal
i think the thing people are ignoring is the fact the nrl couldn't trace any of this money going to players or their managers...if 1 employee was doing dodgy stuff with money and say pocketing it for themselves it doesnt equate to a salary cap breach

I would hardly call that an exhaustive process. There are many ways to hide away money, I would imagine, for example, that the NRL have no power to investigate players partners, family members or friends accounts.

If the Storm had just arranged for some News monies to be deposited back into the club's accounts, would it have been all good?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

The article states that it couldn't trace any of the missing 300k from the Leagues club to Broncos players.

"At the heart of the NRL investigation were a series of transactions, totalling $300,000, which went missing from Broncos Leagues Club accounts, triggering a separate internal audit.

But despite months of forensic financial investigations, NRL auditors could not trace the missing money to the accounts of Broncos players."

Who's to say that the 300k was given to Gee, who then spent it on players?