What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos under investigation for possible salary cap irregularities

Perth Red

Post Whore
The article states that it couldn't trace any of the missing 300k from the Leagues club to Broncos players.

"At the heart of the NRL investigation were a series of transactions, totalling $300,000, which went missing from Broncos Leagues Club accounts, triggering a separate internal audit.

But despite months of forensic financial investigations, NRL auditors could not trace the missing money to the accounts of Broncos players."

Who's to say that the 300k was given to Gee, who then spent it on players?

So Gee paid it back out of the goodness of his heart? What a trooper. Why leave when he is such a saint?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I would imagine, for example, that the NRL have no power to investigate players partners, family members or friends accounts.

If the Storm had just arranged for some News monies to be deposited back into the club's accounts, would it have been all good?

i'm not sure what right the NRL or any organisation would have into investigating family or friends. i do agree that it is a potential issue just like benji joked years ago on the footy show about getting his mum to place bets for him.

was it proven that the extra money went to the storm players? its a different scenario if theres no evidence the money ever went to the players

Who's to say that the 300k was given to Gee, who then spent it on players?

of course thats a possibility. there's also the possibility that someone hides money in the paper and throws them onto players lawns. but if you're looking for evidence of a breach they havent found any.

personally i think the broncos and the NRL need to be more transparent. if it's "accepted" that gee took the $300k, then there needs to be a statement by the broncos on what grounds he did so and why the cops werent called. if i stole that much from my employer i'd be leaving work in handcuffs....

gUt

Coach
The cleanskin Broncos show the way once again in how salary caps should be administered. If only the lesser 15 clubs would put away their petty jealousies and try to live up to the many examples the Broncos have set. Bravo Broncos, may your many successes continue both on and off the field.

Knightmare

Coach
The cleanskin Broncos show the way once again in how salary caps should be administered. If only the lesser 15 clubs would put away their petty jealousies and try to live up to the many examples the Broncos have set. Bravo Broncos, may your many successes continue both on and off the field.

Exactly. No wonder so many of their rep players took pay cuts to stay at Brisbane- the organisation oozes integrity!

Juju

Juniors
Gee should be made to fully disclose this situation or the Bronocs should be sanctioned.

This is disgraceful.

Kiwi

First Grade
Gee should be made to fully disclose this situation or the Bronocs should be sanctioned.

This is disgraceful.
yeah because that will stand up in court....sorry broncos we couldn't find you guilty but we're going to punish you anyway.

Juju

Juniors
yeah because that will stand up in court....sorry broncos we couldn't find you guilty but we're going to punish you anyway.
Do you think something underhand went on here? Answer honestly?

Why would Gee not talk? Take off your eye patch and engage your brain. Cleary a sort was on, the auditors have not been able to find enough evidence.:roll:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
i'm not sure what right the NRL or any organisation would have into investigating family or friends. i do agree that it is a potential issue just like benji joked years ago on the footy show about getting his mum to place bets for him.

was it proven that the extra money went to the storm players? its a different scenario if theres no evidence the money ever went to the players

of course thats a possibility. there's also the possibility that someone hides money in the paper and throws them onto players lawns. but if you're looking for evidence of a breach they havent found any.

personally i think the broncos and the NRL need to be more transparent. if it's "accepted" that gee took the $300k, then there needs to be a statement by the broncos on what grounds he did so and why the cops werent called. if i stole that much from my employer i'd be leaving work in handcuffs....

They haven't found a breach because they were looking for transactions from the Leagues club to the players.

Gee didn't have to help with the NRL investigation because he's not an employee of the Broncos or the NRL

Card Shark

Immortal
They haven't found a breach because they were looking for transactions from the Leagues club to the players.

Gee didn't have to help with the NRL investigation because he's not an employee of the Broncos or the NRL

So $300k went missing. A lot of f**king money.

I'm assuming this is now a police investigation.

Kiwi

First Grade
Do you think something underhand went on here? Answer honestly…

Why would Gee not talk? Take off your eye patch and engage your brain. Cleary a sort was on, the auditors have not been able to find enough evidence.:roll:

Honestly of course something went on, but see I'm also not ignorant enough to think that any of the top sides are under the cap including my own. The fact still remains that enough evidence has to be found to punish.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Honestly of course something went on, but see I'm also not ignorant enough to think that any of the top sides are under the cap including my own. The fact still remains that enough evidence has to be found to punish.

Awwwww isn't that cute!

He thinks his shit club is one of the top clubs. :thumb

Snappy

Coach
Awwwww isn't that cute!

He thinks his shit club is one of the top clubs. :thumb

Jeez how dare he think that the team who has won the most comps in the past 25 years and is recognised as one of the biggest sporting brands in the country, be considered one of the top clubs. String him up.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Jeez how dare he think that the team who has won the most comps in the past 25 years and is recognised as one of the biggest sporting brands in the country, be considered one of the top clubs. String him up.

Sorry but I class a team that performs on the field in recent history as one of the top clubs.

A Roosters, or Manly or Storm.

Not the Bronco's. He was making the point that "the top clubs" are all guilty to a degree of cheating the cap. I would equate cheating the cap by the top clubs to meaning onfield success.

Where's that in this Bronco's team?

Latest posts