What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane II v The CC

I dont recall any club in Sydney being on the point of recievership on their fourth attempt dipsh*t.

The Gold Coast isnt Brisbane, but it IS SEQ. You have nothing but "Brisbane is big - lets cut it in half". The point is that while the Broncos are doing fine - and good luck to them - no one else in SEQ has. Youl forget that the ony club to go belly up DURING the Super League war was the Crushers. Bragging about their crowds only emphasises the disaster.

As I said, what is the f*cking point in adding another team in that general market when the last one is struggling to survive? If the sponsorship and financial support is not there for the Titans, how will you find it for the Bombers?

Its not just juniors and potential crowds.

And it has nothing to do with Sydney or the Bears bid either you f*ckwit.

Nice try gimp. It was actually East Coast Tiger who introduced the CC into this conversation by bagging it - learn to read before you post your paranoid rants next time.
Fourth attempt? The Titans haven't been in the comp four different times. Dipshit.

Show us the proof the Crushers went "belly up". In what way did they go "belly up"? More bullshit.

And it's not the same market. Brisbane is not the Gold Coast. Anyone who says it is is a f**king genius. Trying to claim it is by calling it all SE Qld but ignoring the fact that the Bears actually claim North Sydney as their own yet also try to claim they are from a different market just shows how ridiculous these Bears clowns are.

Then to make it worse they try to pretend it has nothing to do with the Bears. Here's a tip, if you're going to pretend you don't have an agenda against both the Titans and a second Brisbane club, don't openly support the Bears. You'll look like a dishonest dickhead.

Why are you crapping on about the CC in a Titans thread?

The only CC nutcases here are you and ECT. There are plenty of shrinks around.Employ one and deal with your issues.
Says the whack job who up until recently had a pro-Bears banner and is now trying to pretend his anti-Titans/Brisbane nonsense has nothing to do with that support for the Bears. You couldn't make it up.

t-ba

Post Whore
What the f**k has the Titans situation got to do with whether a second Brisbane club will succeed?
Will it affect the club's attendances? No. Will it affect their sponsorship? No. Will it afect their marketablility? No. Will it affect their ability to attract players? No. Will it affect TV figures? No.

They occupy the same market. There's a reason OzTam puts the GC's figures into Brisbane's, and that's because the two areas are so heavily integrated that advertisers and national regions consider them to be the same. They'll be the ones at the table trying to pick up on the (admittedly large) scraps the Broncos will leave behind in terms of sponsorships and corporate backing.

Considering the success of the Titans in Brisbanes far South, to suggest that a new club wouldn't have an impact is a bit ridiculous. I've been to Titans games where the train gets loaded once you hit Logan with Titans fans. Are you honestly saying that the Titans won't lose some support from these kinds of areas if a second Brisbane side comes in?

With three clubs in South East Queensland, we might also see some competition for players. Basically, the advantage held by the Broncos and the Titans in the region (play here for less or f*ck off atleast 800km away from here) is slightly diminished. Now in terms of equalising the talent pool of clubs, this is great news, and for players who prefer to be based in the South East, it's a chance for better wages compared to what's on offer right now, but it does mean these clubs will be paying more, and that includes the Titans.

As For TV, do you honestly think so? Will TV execs prefer to have a second Brisbane side on FNF (Which generates an unholy amount of revenue for the Broncos in terms of sponsorships), or the Titans, when it comes to dishing out these fixtures? You don't think they'll suffer as a consequence of Non Broncos weekends going to the new Brisbane club?

By no measure does the Titans situation have any bearing on a possible second Brisbane club and to try and link the two is just making shit up.

Except it does, because they will share a TV market, which results in exposure, which is absolutely vital for any club attempting to break the Broncos monopoly in the region

The other stupid point about that attitude is that another Brisbane club would almost certainly benefit the Titans because it would be another big derby game for them.

Ahh, so they will get a derby out of this, but it will have no negative impacts? seems to me like you are cherry picking the good things about a new neighbour and wilfully ignoring the problems associated with it.

Brisbane needs a second side, SEQ needs a third club, but how about we sort the crap out with the Titans first? As it stands, no Sydney club is anywhere near as financially unstable as the Titans are.

Can it please also have a less sh*t name than the Bombers. That's Iconic flogball. It's like the AFL setting up a team called the 'Dragons' somewhere...

t-ba

Post Whore
Fourth attempt? The Titans haven't been in the comp four different times. Dipshit.

Show us the proof the Crushers went "belly up". In what way did they go "belly up"? More bullshit.

And it's not the same market. Brisbane is not the Gold Coast. Anyone who says it is is a f**king genius. Trying to claim it is by calling it all SE Qld but ignoring the fact that the Bears actually claim North Sydney as their own yet also try to claim they are from a different market just shows how ridiculous these Bears clowns are.

Then to make it worse they try to pretend it has nothing to do with the Bears. Here's a tip, if you're going to pretend you don't have an agenda against both the Titans and a second Brisbane club, don't openly support the Bears. You'll look like a dishonest dickhead.

Most marketing people would disagree, and they are the ones with the dollars.

And which market is the Central Coast in?

And if you think Sydney clubs are in significantly better shape than the Titans you're kidding yourself.

There will be 18 clubs in the comp in a few years and there is no f**king way known one of them won't be a second Brisbane club. Get used to it. Bears freaks might think otherwise but they're imbeciles.

Loudstrat

Coach
Gold Coast Giants. Gold Coast Seagulls. Gold Coast Chargers.

Update your Rugby League knowledge - it can save uneccesary butthurt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Queensland_Crushers

With the unification of the Australian Rugby League and Super League competitions following the 1997 season, the new National Rugby League competition was formed. This meant that three of the twenty-two teams participating in 1997 would be axed as part of the rationalisation process aimed at reducing teams to an optimal number. With the introduction of the Melbourne Storm and the fact that the agreement between the Australian Rugby League and Super League was to have a fourteen-team competition in 2000, the future for the Crushers was inevitably demise.[1]
In late 1997, the club's only option of survival was to merge, with the most likely contender the Gold Coast Chargers, who like the Crushers, were struggling to be able compete in the competition. However, the National Rugby League approved the Gold Coast team for the 1998 season, and they went alone into the re-unified competition. The South Queensland Crushers were liquidated in December 1997 with debts totalling over A$3 million.[1]

Happy now f*ckwit?

Again, wtf has this to do with the Bears? You seem obsessed with them.
In case your limited 5th grade education and lack of brain development hasnt worked it out - this thread has nothing to do with expansion - except for the financial viability of further clubs from SEQ.

You have proven that you cant read. Go back to post # 760, where I said that the Titans must survive and that them being a strong club is great for the game. If you can translate that as anti Titans agenda, you need to wean yourself odd that harmful crystal meth addiction.

Says the whack job who up until recently had a pro-Bears banner and is now trying to pretend his anti-Titans/Brisbane nonsense has nothing to do with that support for the Bears. You couldn't make it up.
I support Parramatta, but I can understand a chronic genius like yourself would struggle with that one. BTW, I am also a Strat man. I guess all Strat players hate the Titans too?

TBH, you are the titans hater - happy to see them die as long as the Bombers bid gets up and saves the world, right?

You are the whack job with a friggin Balmain badge in your avatar crapping on about the evils of the Bears in a thread about the Titans selling a f*cking building!

FFS if you didnt stick your dick in a bull ants nest you might not be so manically suicidal in each post!

You are the whack job with a friggin Balmain badge in your avatar crapping on about the evils of the Bears in a thread about the Titans selling a f*cking building!

Balmain badge? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Just in case you don't look like a big enough genius already.

t-ba

Post Whore
And which market is the Central Coast in?

And if you think Sydney clubs are in significantly better shape than the Titans you're kidding yourself.

There will be 18 clubs in the comp in a few years and there is no f**king way known one of them won't be a second Brisbane club. Get used to it. Bears freaks might think otherwise but they're imbeciles.

And where exactly have I denied, under the criteria that I have applied to the Titans, that the Central Coast isn't part of the same Market as Sydney? It's in the Sydney OzTam, both regions have alot in common with each other, in that they are relatively new exurbs that act as a satellite to a larger city, but do possess a strong local identity.

Brisbane #2 will and should be in the NRL. There are three strong bids (The Reds. The Bears are a strong bid, whether people like to acknowledge it or not) at the moment. The best outcome is a 20 team competition at the start of the TV deal after this one.

Edit: Pirates. Going to have to get used to that.

And the Bears tard fails to mention that the Bears were denied the opportunity for a licence because they weren't solvent. The Crushers were not the only club with debts, but they did not go "belly up" at all. If it wasn't for rationalisation at the end of the war they would not have disappeared at all.

Loudstrat

Coach
Is that all you have?

Sorry, a club copying Balmain.

Still a sh*tload more accurate than you calling me a Bears supporter, denying that any SEQ clubs has ever gone belly up, and your continued pointless rave about the Bears which YOU brought up in the first place. :lol::lol:

And where exactly have I denied, under the criteria that I have applied to the Titans, that the Central Coast isn't part of the same Market as Sydney? It's in the Sydney OzTam, both regions have alot in common with each other, in that they are relatively new exurbs that act as a satellite to a larger city, but do possess a strong local identity.

Brisbane #2 will and should be in the NRL. There are three strong bids (The Reds. The Bears are a strong bid, whether people like to acknowledge it or not) at the moment. The best outcome is a 20 team competition at the start of the TV deal after this one.

Edit: Pirates. Going to have to get used to that.
If it's down to the Pirates, Bears and Brisbane for two places why would anyone argue that there can't be a second Brisbane side and try and relate that to the Titans somehow? If it's down to those three it's pretty clear which teams we will have in a few years.

Is that all you have?

Sorry, a club copying Balmain.

Still a sh*tload more accurate than you calling me a Bears supporter, denying that any SEQ clubs has ever gone belly up, and your continued pointless rave about the Bears which YOU brought up in the first place. :lol::lol:
So its more accurate for you to suggest I'm a Balmain supporter because I have a Tigers logo (not Balmain Tigers) than it is for me to say you're a Bears mong for having a "Bring back the Bears banner"? :lol::lol::lol:

Nothing more needs to be said.

t-ba

Post Whore
And the Bears tard fails to mention that the Bears were denied the opportunity for a licence because they weren't solvent. The Crushers were not the only club with debts, but they did not go "belly up" at all. If it wasn't for rationalisation at the end of the war they would not have disappeared at all.

And if it wasn't for Norths decision to relocate to the Central Coast in an attempt to guarantee a license and the subsequent investment in Grahame Park, odds are they wouldn't have been insolvent come criteria time!

Here's a fact for you. Your Bears were insolvent at the end of 1999 and that's why they had to merge with Manly. They didn't even get a look in for a licence because only clubs that were solvent were in the running. LOL@50uff$ were right. So were Balmain and Wests. So any tard trying to suggest the Crushers went "belly up" and uses it as a reason against another Brisbane club and then supports the Bears is a f**king moron.

And if it wasn't for Norths decision to relocate to the Central Coast in an attempt to guarantee a license and the subsequent investment in Grahame Park, odds are they wouldn't have been insolvent come criteria time!
So? You're happy to make excuses for the Bears but not for the Crushers. No one made the Bears move. The fact that they did shows how much they knew they were up shit creek. The Crushers didn't even get a chance. Yet they had more going for them than the Bears. If they were both around today I know which would be the bigger club.

Loudstrat

Coach
So its more accurate for you to suggest I'm a Balmain supporter because I have a Tigers logo (not Balmain Tigers) than it is for me to say you're a Bears mong for having a "Bring back the Bears banner"? :lol::lol::lol:
Nope - its equally as stupid. Thats why I never said it.

We have already established that comprehension isnt your strong point.

And I dunno what your pathetic rant about the Bears has anything at all to do with the Titans not getting a fire certificate to sell a building. I can only guess 1) You grew up in Roswell, or 2) You were holidaying at f**kishima in March last year.

T ba is right - you cannot compare Brisbane and Sydney league scenes in terms of current situation or possible expansion. Get the f*ck over it!

t-ba

Post Whore
If it's down to the Pirates, Bears and Brisbane for two places why would anyone argue that there can't be a second Brisbane side and try and relate that to the Titans somehow? If it's down to those three it's pretty clear which teams we will have in a few years.

Because they share a market. They are in a market where they will be competing for sponsorship dollars, TV Time (If targeted FNF continues) and (even. Gasp!) supporters. That's how they are related to one another.

It's not as cut and dry as people would like to think. If it was, everyone would have packed their tents up and gone home already.

Loudstrat

Coach
So? You're happy to make excuses for the Bears but not for the Crushers. No one made the Bears move. The fact that they did shows how much they knew they were up shit creek. The Crushers didn't even get a chance. Yet they had more going for them than the Bears. If they were both around today I know which would be the bigger club.
OK - you and your lap dog El Duque have carried on enough about how the Crushers DID NOT go belly up -how about you tell us what DID happen to the Crushers, and why they are no longer around?

Tell us the tale of the success of all SEQ clubs and the Crushers chapter in it.

Latest posts