What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Yeah there was..?! &..?! NRL can pop a rating in Perth for origin & grand final. Storm shows week to week there's little interest in non heartland area. NRL already gets what it needs from Perth & Adelaide
On the contrary, the popularity of the Storm is continuing to grow. Storm are currently 3rd in memberships, 2nd in TV ratings and would've just ranked outside the top 5 if given 11-12 home games. Don't forget which city holds the record attendance for Origin too, which was set in 2015.
1684409280404.png1684409517736.png
1684409736850.png

Perth Red

Post Whore
What rating do they do in Melbourne lol?!
you do realise TV doesnt care which metro city the fan is sitting in when they watch tv dont you?
The fact Ch9 treats the game so appallingly in some States and you think this is funny is telling of just how big a RL fan you are.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Start counting refs, tuckshop lady's, parents who taxi kids to games, pets..
hmmm, so you dont have much thought on the fact WA had 10k registered players when we had a club. Thats a shame, I thought you might have had some insightful contribution to make to the discussion. Then again......

Pippen94

First Grade
hmmm, so you dont have much thought on the fact WA had 10k registered players when we had a club. Thats a shame, I thought you might have had some insightful contribution to make to the discussion. Then again......

Discussing figures from 1997 don't seem relevant particularly as there's very little way to verify them or even to determine if ur telling the truth. Actually we know ur not telling the truth because ur posting

Perth Red

Post Whore
Discussing figures from 1997 don't seem relevant particularly as there's very little way to verify them or even to determine if ur telling the truth. Actually we know ur not telling the truth because ur posting
“Back in the days of the Western Reds, there was over 10,000 registered players and climbing. We have no doubts that if a franchise comes back to Perth, we will see an acceleration in the growth of the participation and engagement with the game,” he said.

I guess all those people who've quoted that figure must have been lying then. I mean why would the CEO of the game in WA know better than you hey?

For a RL fan you seemingly have very little faith in our product to grow and be successful. And even where it has had some success in AFL heartland you want to disparage it.

Its almost like you aren't a RL fan after all.

Colk

First Grade
Afl wants NRL to counter lions in Springfield?!

Have a look at the inherently oxymoronic messaging: we are absolutely dominating the Queensland market yet for some reason we are so worried about them that we need another team to ward off the supposed threat. I would ask plainly what threat?

They (fumblers) already have their niche audience. Their supporter numbers, same with the Swans has remained pretty constant over the past 20/30 years.

Putting another side or another three, four or five in SEQ is going to make absolutely zero difference to the fumblers in the end. Simply because the people who follow the fumbling lions have done so because they have either moved from fumbling states like Victoria (demographics) have come to like that game more than ours (personal preference) or are bandwagon supporters who will jump on any local team when they obtain success.

It is the same scenario as Sydney where having nine sides hasn’t stopped the Swans gaining a niche audience.

Go back to Queensland in another ten years or so, when the Dolphins have enduring support. But frankly, there’s no point in just having a NSW/Qld competition when you can expand to places that the fumblers can’t/won’t like New Zealand and gain a competitive advantage or gain your own niche audiences in large markets.

So ultimately yeah fumbleball or you as a fumbleball follower will want the competition to remain essentially in two states.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its clear pippen would be very happy to see the NRL just be a NSW and Qlnd comp and RL to never grow. If thats because he is dumb as dogsht, or an AFL fan, is open to debate.

Perth Red

Post Whore
View attachment 74390
This was for thursday's game with the Storm. Significant increase in viewership, although far from the six figures.
Burying the game on digital is always going to harm numbers. The sht sampling methodology doesn't help either when we are talking smaller numbers, and then throw in the total mistreatment of the game in those states by Ch9 over they years that has driven any self respecting fan to PTV and finally the lack of a club in Perth and Adelaide for 25 years and it really shouldn't be surprising to anyone with half a brain.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Now now he might have to take a break if you say such unkind things
Now youre just giving everyone hope again lol
As my grandaddy would say, if you dont want to be treat like a fckwit, dont act like a fckwit. Wise man my old fella.

greenBV4

Bench
Based on his evidence that would suggest only 173k in Sydney are watching RL.

There’s a little thing called Pay TV. Most people watching the game are watching it on that.
pay tv and kayo would boost Melbourne viewership significantly, the way nein treat the game in Melbourne is appalling

Pippen94

First Grade
“Back in the days of the Western Reds, there was over 10,000 registered players and climbing. We have no doubts that if a franchise comes back to Perth, we will see an acceleration in the growth of the participation and engagement with the game,” he said.

I guess all those people who've quoted that figure must have been lying then. I mean why would the CEO of the game in WA know better than you hey?

For a RL fan you seemingly have very little faith in our product to grow and be successful. And even where it has had some success in AFL heartland you want to disparage it.

Its almost like you aren't a RL fan after all.

I highly doubt those numbers particularly when we know some of the stuff you throw around