What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Well that was 3 years ago and looks like they failed in their attempts.
The Brisbane Firehawks is still trademarked to Easts. Interestingly there has been no registering of queensland firehawks.

Firehawks is a shithouse brand. If I had to choose between Queensland Firehawks or West Coast Pirates I'd go with the Perth team.

Canard

Immortal
Firehawks is a shithouse brand. If I had to choose between Queensland Firehawks or West Coast Pirates I'd go with the Perth team.
Old mate forgot to log into his alt, or is bipolar.

After putting anyone who dared suggest including Easts into the comp so soon after the Dolphins on blast for months, he suddenly changed his mind.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Old mate forgot to log into his alt, or is bipolar.

After putting anyone who dared suggest including Easts into the comp so soon after the Dolphins on blast for months, he suddenly changed his mind.
He did a complete 180 degrees on Perth based on what AFL draws on FTA in Perth lol. He's cooked.

Wb1234

Referee
He did a complete 180 degrees on Perth based on what AFL draws on FTA in Perth lol. He's cooked.
Don’t worry you have a core group on here who support a Perth nrl side, despite having no actual arguments as to how it benefits the game of rugby league other than helping league fans win debates with their afl loving friends

Dragonwest

Juniors
Don’t worry you have a core group on here who support a Perth nrl side, despite having no actual arguments as to how it benefits the game of rugby league other than helping league fans win debates with their afl loving friends

Other than the clear achievable growth we've outlined (based Perth's previous expansion) which you continue to ignore?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The stupid twat thinks Perth is in Victoria.
Its the only argument they have. Ignoring the phenomenal success of a rugby league club in afl heartland and showing their ignorance in believing perth and melbourne are the same when it comes to RL interest.

You'd think as a swans fan he'd appreciate what new clubs in new markets can do?

Bukowski

Juniors
Its the only argument they have. Ignoring the phenomenal success of a rugby league club in afl heartland and showing their ignorance in believing perth and melbourne are the same when it comes to RL interest.

You'd think as a swans fan he'd appreciate what new clubs in new markets can do?
Balmain dying killed his brain

Wb1234

Referee

Victoria has 2.5 times the population of wa

Perth Red

Post Whore
What are you trying to say here?
Hes suggesting as Melbourne has a much bigger popualtion than perth it is somehow relevant to what interest level we can expect in perth, and that it will be lower than Melbourne.

Its incredibly simplistic and Im just pointing out that if it was solely a question of population then a Perth club would be bigger than any club other than Melbourne in the NRL lol Its a dumb argument and merely done to point out his stupidity.

Its taken Victoria 25 years of having an NRL team just to get to WA's current level of participation, and only half of what we had when we had a first grade team. Melbourne and Perth are very different environments when it comes to interest in RL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If after close to 30 years we have seen little benefit in terms of bigger tv deals or meaningful juniors from an afl market of 6.6 million then perth has no chance
Why are you picking only 2 metrics of success, and one of them isnt measurable? As a Swans fan would you say Swans have been no benefit to the AFL?

Wb1234

Referee
Why are you picking only 2 metrics of success, and one of them isnt measurable? As a Swans fan would you say Swans have been no benefit to the AFL?
Swans had super league or they would be a basket case like the suns lions or western Sydney

what other metrics count for the game as a whole ?

melb has failed on the two most important ones

Colk

First Grade
Swans had super league or they would be a basket case like the suns lions or western Sydney

what other metrics count for the game as a whole ?

melb has failed on the two most important ones

So you are suggesting support (members and TV audience) and viability aren’t important metrics?

Mate I don’t like the Storm on the field (although my dislike for them has lessened a little since Cameron Smith retired) but to suggest they aren’t valuable to the league is a bit silly.

Maximus

Coach
So you are suggesting support (members and TV audience) and viability aren’t important metrics?

Mate I don’t like the Storm on the field (although my dislike for them has lessened a little since Cameron Smith retired) but to suggest they aren’t valuable to the league is a bit silly.

Not only did he suggest members aren't important metrics, he stated that they don't benefit the NRL.

What do memberships have to do with benefitting the nrl which was my point

I’m talking about growing juniors or growing tv ratings so the tv deal goes up

why do people make up Strawman arguments all the time on here

Canard

Immortal
TV ratings have exploded for League in Melbourne since the Storm moved there, easily the biggest TV market outside of the games heartland, particularly for Origin and GFs.

So Yes Melbourne has added a lot to the TV deal, and will do so in the future.

Perth Red: "We need a team in Perth to get more money from Ch9 and sponsors."

Reality: AwFuL FTA TV ratings in fumbleball loving Perth are half that of NRL in Brisbane. NRL ratings in Perth are just 8k. In Melbourne they're just 11k despite having a team that's been successful since 1998.

Perth Red: "But!

But!

AwFuL gets more money and has teams in Adelaide and Perth!
Correlation implies causation!

Ch9 paid nothing for The Dolphins!"

Latest posts