What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fleger and farnsworth potential top 6

they were a million under the cap last year and got a lot of rough calls that cost them games

bennett is a genius and once he leaves they will go a bit meh
Bs, clubs have to spend 95% of the cap. With a $12mill cap the least they could have been under was $600k.
they finished where I predicted and where most expansion clubs throughout history have.

Wb1234

Referee
Bs, clubs have to spend 95% of the cap. With a $12mill cap the least they could have been under was $600k.
they finished where I predicted and where most expansion clubs throughout history have.

wrong as usual

they reverse backended current contracts

it’s why they have so much cap space now the one million Carries forward

Canard

Immortal
wrong as usual

Reverse backended? Haha f**k me.

How would Front loading contracts mean they were 1 million under the cap this season?

Where are you getting this information from?

They had Kaufusi, Gilbert, Bromwichs and HTF in the side.

All were current Origin or Internationals when signed.

The Tigers or Dragons didn't have that much talent in their squad.

Fox Sports death riding was over the top nonsense

Perth Red

Post Whore
wrong as usual

haha you're so full of BS. It literally says in NRL regs they have to spend 95% of cap each year.

Wb1234

Referee
haha you're so full of BS. It literally says in NRL regs they have to spend 95% of cap each year.
They did by reverse bank ending contracts

which you obviously don’t understand

I’ve provided you with a link previously too

you getting amneisa from all the stress of seeing Perth miss out time and again

Wb1234

Referee

That will put them in a really good position for 2024, they are going to be $1.5 million more than the cap to spend to try and find these superstar players.
That will put them in a really good position for 2024, they are going to be $1.5 million more than the cap to spend to try and find these superstar players.

“To be this close to the season with a $2 million cheque book is unheard of.”

this is how they can afford Flegler and farnsworth and still are making a big money play for Ezra mamm

Perth Red

Post Whore

Rothfield is as clueless as you, its not allowed otherwise clubs would be stacking rosters every three years for a premiership tilt. NRL wont register a contract that is well under value, you should know that. The notion you could pay a player $700k one year and $250k the following year is nonsense. they are not allowed to back end or front end contracts to an unreasonable amount.

Wb1234

Referee
Rothfield is as clueless as you, its not allowed otherwise clubs would be stacking rosters every three years for a premiership tilt. NRL wont register a contract that is well under value, you should know that. The notion you could pay a player $700k one year and $250k the following year is nonsense. they are not allowed to back end or front end contracts to an unreasonable amount.
Rothfield is an awful journo

and he still knows more than you

how did they afford flegler amd farnsworth and also now big dollars for mamm with minimal losses ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rothfield is an awful journo

and he still knows more than you

how did they afford flegler amd farnsworth and also now big dollars for mamm with minimal losses ?
$600k not spent
loss of 4 players @ $120k min each
a little bit of skull duggery

They might have got some dispensation on the QT from Abdo and Vlandys, NRL rules these days seem somewhat pliable. If it was $2.5mill worth is somewhat dubious.

If its ok to front end contracts like that then clubs are very stupid for not taking advanatge. Id be having two crap years and two premiership years if this is allowed! Greenberg clamped down on it when in charge but as I say the clowns in charge currently are more suspect when it comes to applying rules

Maximus

Coach
Fleger and farnsworth potential top 6

they were a million under the cap last year and got a lot of rough calls that cost them games

bennett is a genius and once he leaves they will go a bit meh

So first it was $1m that they were under the cap, and then since it was pointed out that that isn't possible due to the minimum requirements, suddenly they have another 500k available.

“To be this close to the season with a $2 million cheque book is unheard of.”

this is how they can afford Flegler and farnsworth and still are making a big money play for Ezra mamm

It's like he just makes up shit.

Wb1234

Referee
$600k not spent
loss of 4 players @ $120k min each
a little bit of skull duggery

They might have got some dispensation on the QT from Abdo and Vlandys, NRL rules these days seem somewhat pliable. If it was $2.5mill worth is somewhat dubious.

If its ok to front end contracts like that then clubs are very stupid for not taking advanatge. Id be having two crap years and two premiership years if this is allowed! Greenberg clamped down on it when in charge but as I say the clowns in charge currently are more suspect when it comes to applying rules
Flegler plus farnsworth isn’t adding up to 1.1 million

Perth Red

Post Whore
Flegler plus farnsworth isn’t adding up to 1.1 million
We dont know what Gildart, Brenko Lee, Herman Ese'ese, Poasa Faamausili and JJ Collins were on.

So are you saying you think NRL are now ok with clubs lodging contracts under market value?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lets just look at the credibility of the article you are banking your opinion shall we? Leaving aside its Rothfield and I would fact check him if he told me Sydney has a harbour.

first off he says dolphins have $2mill cap left as they have only spent 75% of allowance.
75% of $12.1mill cap leaves $3mill not $2mill. We're off to a good start!

It then goes on to say 'Rothfield believes the Dolphins will pay.....'.
so no evidence just a guess lol

Then he says “That will put them in a really good position for 2024, they are going to be $1.5 million more than the cap to spend"
How exactly? Is he suggesting they have overpaid players in 2023 to the tune of $900k? Not impossible but unless collusion with NRL its highly unlikely they will allow a players value to fluctuate so hugely during year 1 and 2 of their contract

more holes in that story than a teabag!

Wb1234

Referee
Lets just look at the credibility of the article you are banking your opinion shall we? Leaving aside its Rothfield and I would fact check him if he told me Sydney has a harbour.

first off he says dolphins have $2mill cap left as they have only spent 75% of allowance.

Then he says “That will put them in a really good position for 2024, they are going to be $1.5 million more than the cap to spend"
How exactly? Is he suggesting they have overpaid players in 2023 to the tune of $900k? Not impossible but unless collusion with NRL its highly unlikely they will allow a players value to fluctuate so hugely during year 1 and 2 of their contract

Still picking sloth over you

Whilst I agree Beetroot face stories should never be relied upon for ANYTHING other than click bait.

can you please provide your evidence that contracts can neither be front ended or back ended? Oh preferably not a journo’s opinion