What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Canard

Immortal
If I travel again I want to see america and then party in Eastern Europe

a seven in Eastern Europe is a western ten

maybe Columbia too for the cheap coke lol
So you do want to see Soviet Architecture??

Your all over the shop like a mad dogs shit.

Be honest if easts had got in and was servicing Logan now would you be calling for redcliffes admission as next club? Me thinks not!
I'd still be pushing for Redcliffe's inclusion because I'm a fan of the BRL. When I joined this board I made it clear I wanted four BRL clubs to represent Brisbane and the Broncos kicked out. Since then I've amended my position to keep the Broncos and admit two BRL clubs.

You've got no respect for the history and tradition of the BRL and its clubs. The BRL is better than the WARL and RFL.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I would be surprised if they are the next three sides.

At this point in time they will probably go with this crazy PNG idea as the next side.
I said they should be, not that they would be. I'm under no illusions as to the chances of it actually happening given the agendas and people involved in decision making in this sport.

The fact that those teams haven't already been in the league for decades now shows the absolute state of the administration is in this sport.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
ok a few things to take away from that.

1. Your first trip overseas was to go to rugby league towns in northern England. Why?
2. For a person who learnt history why are you so oblivious to it. For example you keep mentioning Soviet architecture. Why? There is no Soviet architecture in Western Europe. Even in Eastern Europe a lot of architecture predates the Soviet Union. I find it interesting that a person who learnt about history is so nonchalant about experiencing or seeing it first hand.
3. Brisbane isn’t the best to visit. It is a vanilla run of the mill city
4. I’ve been to Origin up there. Good experience. That doesn’t change my mind about Australian cities in general.
There's some in Germany TBF, but yeah the vast majority of the soviet and brutalist architecture is in Eastern Europe. The real weird thing about his statement is that even architecture nerds don't go to those countries specifically to see the soviet era stuff.

BTW Brisbane is worse than just vanilla. The only thing that makes Brisbane unique amongst the other modern cosmopolitan Anglo cities is that it's subtropical and humid. Other than that it's a blackhole where unique culture goes to die, just like all the other metropolises in the Anglosphere with the exception of some of the major cities in the US. Even London is becoming a beige cesspit, it's really very sad actually.

Pippen94

First Grade
There's some in Germany TBF, but yeah the vast majority of the soviet and brutalist architecture is in Eastern Europe. The real weird thing about his statement is that even architecture nerds don't go to those countries specifically to see the soviet era stuff.

BTW Brisbane is worse than just vanilla. The only thing that makes Brisbane unique amongst the other modern cosmopolitan Anglo cities is that it's subtropical and humid. Other than that it's a blackhole where unique culture goes to die, just like all the other metropolises in the Anglosphere with the exception of some of the major cities in the US. Even London is becoming a beige cesspit, it's really very sad actually.

There's whole YouTube channels were ppl travel to former Soviet states to see architecture. Just a perspective from 2023 to help you..

Colk

First Grade

100%

Is Germany technically Western or Central Europe? Nevertheless you will see that type of architecture in Germany. Also, it is somewhat interesting in small doses.

The Great Dane

First Grade
No. There's bid for any of those places anyway.
There're multiple bids in Perth, there's been investors sniffing around the edges in NZ decades without any opportunities, and the NRL could easily source investors for expansion projects in any of the major cities in AUS or NZ if they put any effort in.

There're other methods of expansion than just putting licenses out to tender anyway, and some of those would arguably be safer and/or better methods for the the NRL to expand depending on the individual circumstances of the markets in question anyway. I'd demand that any PNG side be centrally owned and operated by the NRL if I was them, but that's a different discussion.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
There's whole YouTube channels were ppl travel to former Soviet states to see architecture. Just a perspective from 2023 to help you..
That's nice, irrelevant, but nice all the same.

Tankies wandering through the ruins of their failed utopia isn't the same thing as architecture nerds going out of their way to see a specific style or building, and no amount of sophistic spin is going to change the fact that there simply isn't a significant trend of tourists traveling specifically to see soviet era architecture.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
100%

Is Germany technically Western or Central Europe? Nevertheless you will see that type of architecture in Germany. Also, it is somewhat interesting in small doses.
Central Europe is a largely meaningless term in common nomenclature.

If you asked most people where e.g. Germany and Hungary were most would say Germany is in the west and Hungary in the east.

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade
There're multiple bids in Perth, there's been investors sniffing around the edges in NZ decades without any opportunities, and the NRL could easily source investors for expansion projects in any of the major cities in AUS or NZ if they put any effort in.

There're other methods of expansion than just putting licenses out to tender anyway, and some of those would arguably be safer and/or better methods for the the NRL to expand depending on the individual circumstances of the markets in question anyway. I'd demand that any PNG side be centrally owned and operated by the NRL if I was them, but that's a different discussion.

Unnamed businessmen who'd be named if they had money.
What it proposing is AFL style expansion which is output for no return.

Pippen94

First Grade
That's nice, irrelevant, but nice all the same.

Tankies wandering through the ruins of their failed utopia isn't the same thing as architecture nerds going out of their way to see a specific style or building, and no amount of sophistic spin is going to change the fact that there simply isn't a significant trend of tourists traveling specifically to see soviet era architecture.

Just architecture scholars. So ppl who know about subject.

Colk

First Grade
back policing grammar like last time U lost argument..

There isn’t an argument here from what I can see.
It’s somebody taking up a position without evidence for or against.

By the way there is a difference between a typo and a sentence making no sense at all

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd still be pushing for Redcliffe's inclusion because I'm a fan of the BRL. When I joined this board I made it clear I wanted four BRL clubs to represent Brisbane and the Broncos kicked out. Since then I've amended my position to keep the Broncos and admit two BRL clubs.

You've got no respect for the history and tradition of the BRL and its clubs. The BRL is better than the WARL and RFL.
Bullshit, you want a team representing Logan becuase you refuse to support broncos, dolphins or titans. Selfish merkin.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Unnamed businessmen who'd be named if they had money.
What it proposing is AFL style expansion which is output for no return.
It's the exact opposite actually. Most of the serious money doesn't want to risk their reputation by connecting their name to a wishy-washy bid for a sports team that probably won't go anywhere. Interest would make it's self know if the NRL made their intention to expand to a market clear.

Besides you can pretty easily find the names of potential investors that've shown interest in Perth and NZ NRL sides, Laurie Puddy and Andrew Chalmers for example.
Just architecture scholars. So ppl who know about subject.
And what relevance do scholars researching Soviet era architecture have on it's influence on tourism trends? None is the answer.

I really don't understand why you're incapable of engaging with anybody honestly, or why you insist on dying on this hill. There's no significant trend of people traveling to see Soviet architecture like e.g. Gothic or Classical buildings.

Bullshit, you want a team representing Logan becuase you refuse to support broncos, dolphins or titans. Selfish merkin.
I'm a Cowboys supporter you dickhead. When the Tigers get in I'll still be a Cowboys supporter. I cannot turn my back on the club I've followed for 28 years. I'll happily adopt the Tigers as my second club, but Cowboys will always be my pride and joy.