What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

beave

Coach
I don't see the problem with Brisbane Bucanneers, using a pirate theme for the club. I understand buccaneers were originally around the caribbean in the 1700's,but it seems to be more of a generic term for pirates these days.

Colours, like a previous poster said, dark blue and burnt orange similar to that of the denver broncos.

beave

Coach
Problem with Brahmans is 99% of people will think "what the hell is a Brahman?"

If they do go with a bull theme it would be interesting to see what the cowboys do with their logo seeing as though there's bulls horns on the star. Could be time for the cowboys to tweak their logo?? Maybe something along these lines (dallas desperados arena football)

images

Something like that would be alright for NQ i reckon.

Smiley

Bench
I don't see the problem with Brisbane Bucanneers, using a pirate theme for the club. I understand buccaneers were originally around the caribbean in the 1700's,but it seems to be more of a generic term for pirates these days.

Colours, like a previous poster said, dark blue and burnt orange similar to that of the denver broncos.

Colours have already been confirmed as maroon and blue.

adamkungl

Immortal
They won't go with Bulls, CQ already have that don't they?
Devils or Diehards are the best names.

Also, BunniesMan is making no sense. We can't have Maroon and Blue on a jersey, but we can name it exactly the same as another local team? Dumbass.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Well, if its supposed to be a battle of Brisbane, they could be called the Breakers (as in breaking a horse i.e taming it) or the Mustangs (another form of wild horse), yes its very American but just a thought.

Im ok with Diehards, not very marketable but sounds good. Falcons, Crocs, etc etc, plenty of names to choose from.

Brisbane

Kookaburra-logo-w.jpg

'Burras

They've got blue on them. Have the maroon representing QLD and a slight orange/gold trim (like the kooka's tail). Maybe some white/brown lines through it too.

The slogan
"no laughing matter"..

RedVee

First Grade
On the colours... my suburb has two primary schools, one Catholic - Maroon & White, and one State - Maroon & Blue.
The State school polo shirts are maroon body, sky blue sleeves. Looks ok.

Have they suggested what shade of blue they are going gor? Sky (like NSW RL) or dark (like NSW Cricket Baggy Blue cap) ????