What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs attack Saints over perceived "lock-out" at Kogarah

Slackboy72

Coach
Does anyone remember our game against the Tigers at Leichardt in 85?
This'll be like that but with crowd control.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Great work to the fans of both teams - a sell-out four days before the game is f**king incredible stuff!

Re: the ANZ saga, I'm stoked that it's staying at the traditional, suburban ground. True, there MIGHT have been five thousand more at ANZ. But there's no way, IMO, that the match would've cracked 30k at ANZ. 21k, packed to the rafters, at Kogarah will look absolutely incredible. Can't wait to high-tail it out of Suncorp and catch the last 50 minutes or so of this one at home on Friday.

I can't see why they would have wanted to play it at ANZ, though the SFS on the other hand, could have easily seen a 35K crowd, and had just as good atmosphere.

But really it's a problem for the saints, if they want to snub there nose at the cash, it's up to them.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Ya know what? I wouldn't be surprised if Greenberg and Doust got together and and organised this fiasco for a bit of publicity. Not sure if clubs work together in that way but it sure has got everyone talking and wanting tickets to the match.

Jasdragon

Juniors
Oh yeah, I know that Jas. I agreed with you in the first sentence after quoting you.

I just got into a rant after that. lol

Still gobsmacked though.

For the life of me, I can't believe that anyone could entertain moving this match, even as a joke. I guess it all sell papers, but imo it just confirms that some people have NFI. Thankfully most observers and decision makers can see through the nonsense.

Sweet mate, yeah agreed can't believe it was even contemplated by some ppl.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I can't see why they would have wanted to play it at ANZ, though the SFS on the other hand, could have easily seen a 35K crowd, and had just as good atmosphere.

But really it's a problem for the saints, if they want to snub there nose at the cash, it's up to them.
Ill-informed at best.

Saints, and the league, will make more money from this in the long term than any short term cash grab at another venue.

Here is it two days before the game and people think moving it to the SFS is a good idea. Don't worry, you're not alone. Although you are in the minority.

But feel free to pluck a few figures out of the air, forget the corporates, the ground sponsors, the season ticket holders, the fans that booked ahead, the disruption to planned traffic and transport management, the months of promotion, the local derby atmosphere, the deserved home ground advantage, the TV spectacle (and what an advertisement that will be!), and the almost forgotten notion of professionalism when promoters stick by their word.

Forget all that, because we might get a few more bums on seats in town on Friday night, and lose a motza in the process.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Ya know what? I wouldn't be surprised if Greenberg and Doust got together and and organised this fiasco for a bit of publicity. Not sure if clubs work together in that way but it sure has got everyone talking and wanting tickets to the match.
If only it wasnt 1st vs 2nd at the best suburban ground in the competition, and if only the tickets weren't sold out 6pm Tuesday night!

That said, I reckon it will be just about the highest rating regular season game of the year for Channel 9.

Can't wait to get to Kogarah on Friday!!!!!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Kogarah doesn't fit 30K. The SFS does but this would not get 30K there either.

Your kidding yourself if you think it wouldn't. It's not often that Saints and the Dogs are both going this well. Dogs fans are great travelers, and Saints fans (as shown on ANZAC day at the SFS) are more than willing to support there team.

bobmar28

Bench
Yes memberships are easily the best way to guarantee your seat and the future of the clubs will heavily rely on it, just look at the English Premier League for example games at clubs Tottenham and Newcastle by no means the biggest teams, there grounds are always full and all of the seats are members, Spurs even have 15,000 people waiting for seats, that would be great if the NRL ending up like that

How big are their stadiums?

Your kidding yourself if you think it wouldn't. It's not often that Saints and the Dogs are both going this well. Dogs fans are great travelers, and Saints fans (as shown on ANZAC day at the SFS) are more than willing to support there team.

ANZAC day attracts those one game a year patrons and that got 28K. Dragons vs Dogs would get about the same. If you think it gets more agree to disagree. Regardless this is a home game at Kogarah with a capacity of 19-21K.

Catsby

Juniors
How much time and money has gone into re-developing Jubilee over the years? They didn't invest all this effort into bringing First Grade football back to the St. George area to waste it all by moving contests to neutral territory at the drop of a hat. Talk about alienating a region of fans.

BF

Juniors

yes we are willing to support our team without risking personal injury... Game at Kogarah = Minimal D1ckhead Bulldog element.
Game at SFS = Increased D1ckhead Bulldog element.
Game at Homebush = large D1ckhead Bulldog element.

I know a lot of saints fans that will not attend a game v's dogs at the SFS/homebush due to the short fuse of some your supporters... Kojo means many of these dimwits (ouwet excluded) cant make it in. Would have preferred the game to be in the Gong to be honest, would have meant hardly any D1ckhead Bulldog element supporters would make it....

Sell out was all over the radio this morning followed by the announcement of extra security for the game. Not just for one set of fans either btw. 19000 people in one place needs extra officials.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
yes we are willing to support our team without risking personal injury... Game at Kogarah = Minimal D1ckhead Bulldog element.
Game at SFS = Increased D1ckhead Bulldog element.
Game at Homebush = large D1ckhead Bulldog element.

I know a lot of saints fans that will not attend a game v's dogs at the SFS/homebush due to the short fuse of some your supporters... Kojo means many of these dimwits (ouwet excluded) cant make it in. Would have preferred the game to be in the Gong to be honest, would have meant hardly any D1ckhead Bulldog element supporters would make it....
Dude, I'm a Saints fan, and I'll be the first to admit we too have a large d***head element.

To be honest, I don't think the dogs are anywhere near as bad as they were a few years ago, the increased police presence has had alot to do with it. The biggest clashes always seem to happen between our fanbases because we're two of the most passionate going around and there is a great rivalry there.

LL3

Juniors
Sell out was all over the radio this morning followed by the announcement of extra security for the game. Not just for one set of fans either btw. 19000 people in one place needs extra officials.

Actually reduced to 18k, reason being more control over the opposing fans and less of them, FACT !!

ouwet

Bench
Actually reduced to 18k, reason being more control over the opposing fans and less of them, FACT !!

Who told you 18K? the paper said 19K. U got a source???

Mate tickets have been on sale for weeks now, people who really wanted to go, have already got tickets! At the end of the day... reduced capacity = less money for the Dragons.

Latest posts