What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Disgrace

fulltime

Juniors
Slappy said:
Congrats to the doggies. They took that match by the throat and never looked back!

As a tigers fan i was a bit embarassed at Gibbs' nonsense! I guess he thought he could try the same sh*t as last week against Ryles. He deserved the 10 mins, I reckon he was lucky he wasn't sent off. Hope he's alright and I hope that the silly bastard will learn something form the experience. O' Meley really fired up, good hit up and a pretty good performance in general. I have got no problem with Shrek's hit on Gibbs, but I do think it was a bit losuy of Mason to carry on the way he did, considering the state of Gibbs!

Dogs played awesome, I had almost forgotten just how how good they can be!

Good on Hazem too, he's a champion player and a great role model for young kids from all backgrounds!

great post agree with it all.

special congrats to El magic.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There's a thread no more than 20 threads below this at the moment which says something about Shrek being horribly out of form... :lol:

Expect the Tab Sportsbet odds to decrease for Canterbury sharply. Hop on them now if you still want good value...

Slappy said:
Congrats to the doggies. They took that match by the throat and never looked back!

As a tigers fan i was a bit embarassed at Gibbs' nonsense! I guess he thought he could try the same sh*t as last week against Ryles. He deserved the 10 mins, I reckon he was lucky he wasn't sent off. Hope he's alright and I hope that the silly bastard will learn something form the experience.

Last year he was most effective when he put aside the niggling bullsh*t. It seems that he just wants to emulate the glory days of 2000 when every player on the Tigers side was a thug. (except for Joel Caine who was as docile as Dave Simmonds)

Vicious

Bench
Like the terminator, Bryce will be back.
As for the Tigers, it`s no secret they struggle a little without the great one, but the bottom line is that he too will be back very shortly and whether it`s the Dragons, the Bulldogs, the Roosters, the Cowboys or whoever else, they just have no answer to the hotstepper!!!!
OOOHHHHHH YEEEEAAAHHH

Slappy

Juniors
TV Ted Ellery said:
Last year he was most effective when he put aside the niggling bullsh*t. It seems that he just wants to emulate the glory days of 2000 when every player on the Tigers side was a thug.

He's definitely got some talent, but if he keeps this sh*t up he'll become a liability.

Don't remind me of the bad old days!!!( although 2000 started off okay!)

C.P

Juniors
Gee this thread really brought the morons out didnt it :lol:
Big collision, turning point of the game and the players are pumped up, exactly what everyone wants to see. Mason haters may want to take note that he wasnt the only one handing out backslaps. The comment f*ck him by Mason is exactly right. Rugby League is a big contact contest and when it comes down to it for the forwards like Gibbs or O'Meley its you or him. They'd been trying to knock the living sh*t out of each other out the whole game and if the roles had been reversed the Tigers players would of been slapping him on the back for winning the personal war and knocking off O'Meley. All the other situations people are dragging up are different kettles of fish, if any Bulldog player had been standing over Gibbs yelling at him then theres cause for complaint but other than that each team is out there willing each other to survive and win the game.
Great game and good to finally get one up over the Tiges after last year :D
And now a shout out to a few webtards

TV Ted Ellery

What about the pocket of Bulldogs supporters jeering Gibbs as he was carried from the field?

You tv ted are a first class goose with a comment like that, I was sitting behind the players tunnel in the Bulldogs season ticket holders area and those sections rose to their feet and clapped him off the field. Less tv and more going to games for you

Having said that, Willie Mason paraded his typical vulgarity and calousness when he stood over to sledge Gibbs who was motionless on the ground.

And again from TV Man. Good at making things up arent you. Didnt happen

Pantherjim

Just shows Mason up for the infantile, imbecilic turd that he is really...

Good to see you've learnt how to spell imbecilic in this second attempt at naming Mason pantherjim, maybe you could go back to the other thread and edit it again and then start a 'I hate Mason no matter what' thread.

nqboy

First Grade
Danish said:
I love this hit.

It shows up the absolute disgrace of the new head contact rule.

Omeley rightly drops his shoulder into a tackling player, smashes him square in the face and knocks him out cold. Turning moment of the game and Gibbs is off the field.

Morley drops the shoulder in offence, catches a bloke in teh face, knocks him out cold etc etc. His head is called for on a silver plater.

Apparently incedental head contact is only dangerous to an attacking player.

P.S I am in no way complaining about OMeley's hitup. It should go down as hit of the year. I'm merely pointing out the very different feeling for the exact same incident bar the ball being in the other man's hands.
An offensive player should not have to worry where he puts his head. If a defensive player puts his head in the wrong spot, that's his lookout.

nqboy

First Grade
Pantherjim. said:
Just shows Mason up for the infantile, imbecilic turd that he is really... :roll:
No, no. He's a leader now, I just read it last week and he said it's made him think so much more about the game :roll:

C.P said:
You tv ted are a first class goose with a comment like that, I was sitting behind the players tunnel in the Bulldogs season ticket holders area and those sections rose to their feet and clapped him off the field. Less tv and more going to games for you

Obviously you aren't very perceptive... I was reffering to a 'pocket' of supporters who happened to be sitting near me. My comment wasn't made in generality.
Whatsmore I made mention of the Tiger louts at the Tigers v Dragons game last week whose behaviour was equally reprehensible. The problem is endemic in rugby league.

Don't jump the gun when it makes you look like an idiot C.P .

C.P

Juniors
Fair go if thats what you meant. I just dont see the point of you making the comment in relation to a half a dozen morons in a crowd of 32000, for every one of these jeering supporters you feel the need to refer to there was many thousands of times more fans clapping him.
I could be here all day listing the ridiculous comments or actions of pockets of supporters at games if we are going to use that as the basis for our points of view.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
gibbs had it coming. doesn’t warrant the reaction by willie. s kids we are taught about sportsmanship and when you see an unconscious(??) person on the ground you don’t start clapping, especially if you are a club leader. poor form. but thats football.

Tupou_Torpedo

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
I agree, but I don't want it to become like the NFL where boorish idiots stand over thier 'vanquished' foes sledging.

That does not happen.

BTW, He isnt going to die, so who gives a f#$%? Quit whining

brendothejet

First Grade
the hit up was brilliant. it was an accident.A great tough run and the bloke put his body on the line. good footy all round.

mason acted like a dickhead but. He is a child. A moron. A wanker.

Mr Saab

Referee
This is no different to Paul Harragon / Mark Carroll at Newcastle 1995.
They had a war of words throughout the game and then Chief tried to nail him off a kick restart from a try. The kights were down and Chief wanted to get Carroll. Mark turned his shoulder to protect himself and Chief was seeing green kangaroos. Manly players were pumped up and there was some pushing and shoving as the Knights players didnt like it. It was a huge collision, who wouldnt be pumped up from seeing a hit like that?? Game continued and that collision is still talked about to this day and will continue to be for a long time.

Iafeta

Referee
I didn't see the incident, but I remember Guttenbeil smashing the be-jesus out of Catic at Ericsson and give him a bit of a spray... next game, Morley got revenge with a savage tackle.. on Guttenbeil.

What goes around, comes around.

Rise Against

I absolutely love how everyone hates Mason

but if they could, they would have him in their team within a second

Its ok to be jealous of the bulldogs

shadowboxer

First Grade
brutal yes, but they aint playing crocket. Im not for them patting each other on the back but it did seem to be a turning point.
Reminded me of when hoppa took out galloway last year at brookvale nd terry hill congratulating him, except hoppas hit was criminal.

It is type of incident that everyone is talking about it, more exposure for the nrl, good or bad, i reckon they dont really care.

jeffrosaint

Bench
Love it....good on ya Shrek....that cat Gibbs had it coming to him.

I am sure Rylsey would shout Shrek a beer...........:lol:

Bryce Gibbs = Dirty Cat.

Latest posts