What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Disgrace

Cammo

Bench
The way I see it, they were psyching each other up. It's not as if they were standing over Gibbs and stopping him from getting medical treatment and slapping him around.

A couple of Dogs players gave Gibbs a hand and ensured he was ok then also went over and gave Shrek a pat on the head. Mason probably could have been a bit more constrained but considering we hadn't won a game in 7 outings we were wanting it pretty bad.

As for the comparison with the Morely incident. I believe it is the tacklers responsibility to get the tackle right, not the man with the ball. As long as the man with ball does not raise his elbow or his knees then he has every right to run as hard as he can and the defender must take the right action.

Moffo

Referee
Gibbs got owned

But a gladitorial contest, i congratulate both men. It was like going back to the mid 80s - Greg Dowling vs The Kiwi at Lang Park in the stands!

Ari Gold

Bench
Just heard on Sky News that a group of bulldogs fans attacked three Tigers fans after the game, NRL are looking into it.

innsaneink

Referee
RedDragon said:
Its easy for you to sit at home on tv and question the way they acted. In the heat of the moment most people would react the same way, especially towards an idiot like Bryce Gibbs getting knocked out because of something he started.

After the game they no doubt say it was a bit over the top, but the adrenaline, heat of the moment and significance of the hit would of been enough for their reaction as it would be for most people.

Ive got no problem with the way they acted...they didnt touch him when he was on the ground so whats the problem?

At that instant I didnt like the way they carried on, but thought about it and thought howI react when one of our blokes does it to the opposition, gets me pumped big time, itd be x 100 out on the field...called intensity and adrenalin, you cant just switch that off, was a great hit up, poor tackle, O'Meley and mason won on the night,maybe the Wests forwards will think twice before talking tough in the media, out on the field is where it counts boys ....

Moffo

Referee
robyalvaro said:
Just heard on Sky News that a group of bulldogs fans attacked three Tigers fans after the game, NRL are looking into it.

here we go again :roll:

f**king idiots

TV Ted Ellery said:
The players were obviously keyed up and their celebrations were made witout knowledge of the extent of Gibbs' concussion. Having said that, Willie Mason paraded his typical vulgarity and calousness when he stood over to sledge Gibbs who was motionless on the ground.

Willie Mason, Australia regards you as a pile of sh*t. Your behaviour represents the nadir of humanity.

o/meley had like 6- 10 minutes to go and see if hes alright

drake said:
I have to agree with Mason. When I saw the niggling thug on the ground, I thought "F*%k him" as well.

I was originally going to start a new tipping comp: "Who will Bryce Gibbs pick a fight with this week?"

Akin to pick the margins would have been guess the amount of niggles he put in.

Can we borrow O'Meley to show Ryles how to deal with an upstart like Gibbs?

warriors next week!
wiki! or fein (since he likes to take on the props)

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Gibbs came off second best tonight, but for a 21 year old, how good is he?

Every game he has a running battle with the oppositions best prop. Tonight he probably went a little over the top, especially with the elbow; he should stick to trash talking like last week.

Mr Saab

Referee
I love how Omeley told the tigers players in one of the scrums "I am not Jason Ryles". Such a great call.
Ryles should sit down and watch edited highlights of Shrek over and over and over and over and over again. THAT is how a prop should play.

Pantherjim.

Referee
C.P said:
Gee this thread really brought the morons out didnt it :lol:

Good to see you've learnt how to spell imbecilic in this second attempt at naming Mason pantherjim, maybe you could go back to the other thread and edit it again and then start a 'I hate Mason no matter what' thread.

I didn't use the adjective "imbecilic" in the other thread idiot, I used the noun "imbecile" learn to read other peoples posts properly bevore you go shooting your mouth off.:roll:

I don't hate Mason at all. I just think that he's a childish wanker that needs to grow up and become a professional sportsman like his team-mates. He's effectively dragging your club's name through the dirt with his antics.

I agree.....it was a one on one prop match and he came off second best....I was loving evry minute of it.

yeh damn right great battle between the 2 i hope this doesnt stop Gibbs he said in hes profile on the tigers site a few years ago he wanted too become the best prop in the game and hes def starting too make a name for himself

Glenn

First Grade
Hmmm not sure if he will be the best prop with his constant niggle, the best Props played it hard but fair..not engage in cheapshots

Carlito

Juniors
drake said:
I have to agree with Mason. When I saw the niggling thug on the ground, I thought "F*%k him" as well.

I was originally going to start a new tipping comp: "Who will Bryce Gibbs pick a fight with this week?"

Akin to pick the margins would have been guess the amount of niggles he put in.

Can we borrow O'Meley to show Ryles how to deal with an upstart like Gibbs?

Quote for Truth.

It was so sweet seeing a pretender like Gibbs come up short against the real thing in O'Meley.

This is what Rugby League is about, physical contests, mano e mano, to the winner go the spoils. I was cheering when Gibbs got knocked out, along with all those doggies.

Sure I felt bad when it came out how serious the kid was hurt, but that was a good 2 to 3 minutes later.

ByRd

First Grade
It was just a great battle between two props. Its a game of fkin footy, cmon guys, shrek and the dogs did nothing wrong and im sure if it was any other side everyone well get pumped from it. ITS RUGBY LEAGUE

brooksy19

Bench
Bit dissapointed the Tigers forwards didn't stick up for gibbs after that and put a few shots on scum mason and o'meley..

Latest posts