What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BUlldogs Fans - YOU ARE A f**king DISGRACE!!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Elizabeth, for gods sake wake up. Your mob threw the bottle. Finck was right and correct to draw it to the attention of the referee. Just as if there were 2 balls on the field, or a stray kelpie. The fac that it was a projectile makes it an attack. Had somone been tackled on it, and it was made of glass, well, draw your own conclusion.

The Roosters players, from your description, did little or no wrong, apart from reacting to a missile being thrown at them.

For you to condone it, and see nothing wrong in your fans conuct, is an exact microcosm of what is engulfing the Bulldogs club as we speak. That is, no matter what massive sociallly unacceptable activities they do, they believe that they have done no wrong. Amrozi doesn't know what he did wrong, either. But we all do.

So, if you are to thick or socially inept to nut it out, it isn't our problem.

BTW, my hat off to those minority of BUlldog fans that have been let down by your club and it's fans. How you manage to find the loyalty to continue with 'em is beyond me. I admire your stoic passion. For you I'm really sad. :cry:

izzo

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
melon.... said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
*already moderated*
I think its a bit over the top *edit*. Just the Bulldogs fans that cause trouble is fairer. So I think you should apologise to the Lebanese Rugby League fans that have some common decency. Then again, you can continue to rubbish the Aussie Pigs in Canterbury Jerseys that also took part in this shite tonight.

*EDITED ALREADY BY AUTHOR*

Hush hush racist one who said the Middle-Eastern people were the ones rioting?

skeepe

Immortal
Chicken Hunter, we know you're annoyed and pissed off right now but there is no need for your racist rants. It is not always lebanese. The people I saw threatening a Roosters supporter looked nothing like they were Middle Eastern in the slightest.

Calm down, look in the mirror, and realise you're staring at an idiot.

rossy

Juniors
milchcow said:
rossy said:
So Finch got hit by a bottle thrown at him by the crowd and it's the Roosters fault?

And therein lies the problem ladies & gentlemen.

The prosecution rests your honour.

By that logic it was OK for Eric Cantona to kung-fu kick a fan because it was the fan that started it.

NRL players have a responsibility not to provoke trouble, regardless of the circumstances and justification there is. You can bet your ass if a bulldogs player threw a bottle back into the crowd there would be a stink.
Someone needs to have a word with players about their responsibilities becauise everything needs to be done to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

The only substantiated bit of evidence most of us have is that someone threw a bottle at Finch. There is no evidence yet to support Elizabeth's claims, flakey as she may be, so I don't know how you can make the quantum leap from there to your conclusion. Apart from that young lady I am yet to hear that allegation anywhere else, although a Dogs fan at the Kennel says it all happened because Ned Catic stuck his finger up at them. Time will tell, but i'd appreciate it if you didn't try and put words in my mouth.

skeepe

Immortal
I noticed bottles being returned to near the area they came from, but at no stage did I ever see them being thrown back into the crowd. If Finch really did do as you say Elizabeth, which I doubt because I was there and saw most of what happened, then perhaps he was just trying to clear the field and threw it too hard?

Whatever the case, the simple fact of the matter is that the projectile SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Anything else is a direct result of that.

DIEHARD

----
Lets relocate the Bulldogs to New Zealand. You can be....the "Canterbury" Bulldogs. Cut you off from your wanker supporters.

No place in Australia will want them. I'm so f**king pissed off about this!

skeepe

Immortal
Chicken Hunter I know a fair few Bulldogs fans who are neither of Middle Eastern descent or are associated with same. And I would hardly call those people that did this tonight supporters. Thugs or criminals yes, but not supporters.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I call for Chicken Hunter to be banned, that sort of racist remarking should warrant a life ban at the least.

Misty Bee, I agree with you on most levels but one, that being there is a MAJORITY of fans being let down, the minority letting them down. It's hard to stick through it, but you don't let go of something you believe in simply because of a few hard knocks. I can proudly say I love the Dogs and wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you for the kind words nonetheless :)

Hurriflatch

Referee
This has gone on for too long there have been a number of incidents invovling all aspects of the Bulldogs club from the administrators to the fans.

The Bulldogs lost one of only two people I have any level of respect for in Steve Mortimer (the other being Steve Price).

They got rid of at least the vast majority of the people involved in the salary cap roarts, Moritmer said that any players found gulity of the rape allegations will be removed but with him gone I wonder if that will happen.

All clubs have theor trouble makers but it seems for one reason or another that the Bulldogs have a greater number then most clubs.

The NRL need to take harder action fines don't seem to have an effect barring some people from the games won't work either as it is difficult to prove things and I doubt they will ever get everyone involved.

It's time for the NRL to make the Bulldogs adminsitrators, players and fans sit up and take notice and they only way it seems this will happen is by giving them a "One more strike and your out" notice.

If the Bulldogs (now I know it isn't everyone involved with the club) are cut the NRL loses 1 team and 1 set of fans.

If the bad news continues about Rugby League and most of it seems to be coming from one area withing the BUlldogs organisation or another. Then the game itself will soon enough die.

skeepe

Immortal
I recall a similar incident at the Canberra game at the Showground last year. A mother and her four year old son were surrounded and abused because the boy was wearing a Raiders shirt.

Something has to be done. The NRL has talked tough for long enough, well now is the time for action.

mickdo

Coach
You should write a memo to Gallop and let him know your story. Maybe then he might actually do something about it.

greeneyed

First Grade
People who throw projectiles on the field and destroy seats in the stadium need to be found, prosecuted and given life bans from attending NRL games. This has to be stamped out totally right now. The Dogs supporters have been badly behaved for far too long, harassing other supporters that attend their games, at their field and other fields, on the trains, outside the grounds, and it has to be eliminated from our game instantly.

melon....

Coach
*deleted at member's request*
I am sorry to here that. As a person who has had my young child spat on I can understand the horror and anger you must felt. I was lucky....it happened to us in Newcastle, where the drongos dont operate in packs, so the guy ended up a very very sore and sorry sight. Unfortunately you cant take on 10 of these gutless turds....but if they lined up in single file, I would gladly oblige!!!

It would have taken the gloss off what was a top class thrashing by our boys. Again Im sorry to hear you had to put up with that shite.

skeepe

Immortal
dodge said:
I call for Chicken Hunter to be banned, that sort of racist remarking should warrant a life ban at the least.

I don't know if this is a democracy, but I second this call. This sort of thing is unacceptable, and he has already been warned more than enough.

I'm not of Middle Eastern descent, and I was still offended by what he said. I can't imagine how the people it was aimed at through no fault of their own must feel.

greeneyed

First Grade
I have to say it is not only Dogs supporters that can do such things. I was harassed by Warriors "supporters" as I walked out the ground after last year's Warriors/Raiders semi final. But the violent reports on Dogs supporters have gone on for far too long. It has to stop now.

innsaneink

Referee
Canterbury said:
A roosters fan took a swing at me for no reason tonight.

I was walking out and made eye contact with this bloke and he swung at me and luckily he missed. If he had of landed it on me they would need more then a riot squad to stop me.

I could have swung back at him (despite him not landing a hit on me but attempting to punch me)

But i thought of our reputation as canterbury fans.

However, we got tarnished anyway so i should of just went for it. Got some personal justice for myself.
Canterbury said:
I ask myself that everytime i read your replies.

I got struck by a dirty dog roosters fan tonight and i'm not happy about it.

Don't push me

Just like you club, players and fans......credibility=ZERO!

Anonymous

Juniors
*deleted at member's request*

That's bloody terrible. When a bloke can't take his family to the footy, a bloke can't take his girlfriend etc. for fear of their own safety. These people need to be taken out the back and shot. Lebanese, Australian Kiwis, who bloody cares. I'm sure there's some of each.

This bulldog's thing is getting ridiculous. It's not fair on anyone. It's not fair to Peponis, Gallop, the supporters who attended, supporters of the game, the Bulldogs supporters who don't deserve this (eg ibeme), and most of all it's unfair to the greatest game of all to be painted in this way.

Bulldog's fair dinkum fans, hang in there. You don't deserve this, but you'll make it through eventually. You won't lose your club ibeme, and nor do supporters such as yourself deserve to. Those suggesting that they should, take a good bloody look at yourself.

mickdo

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
You won't lose your club ibeme, and nor do supporters such as yourself deserve to. Those suggesting that they should, take a good bloody look at yourself.
They can keep their club, but the club does not belong in the NRL, for so many, many reasons.