What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

Garts

Bench
So judging by people's reaction on here this is how it went:

Bulldogs lost their first game, the club then wanted Barba back ASAP.... ok

They then demanded the rehab clinic professionals to advise that Barba is now able to start training as this will be good for him, yeah sounds legit.

The professionals probably would have said no use keeping him in, we cannnot treat being a young, inexperienced dickhead. No program for that, get back to footy where your free time is limited as its during the season. He will be fine for the forseeable future imo.

TALENted

Juniors
Good to see Ben back, just trying to work out what was greenberg a press conference all about ?
Apparently u can get over issues from childhood, depression, gambling in a week or so?

Greenberg v furner?
I know who makes the calls and doesn't show boat in a press conference!

TALENted

Juniors
So judging by people's reaction on here this is how it went:

Bulldogs lost their first game, the club then wanted Barba back ASAP.... ok

They then demanded the rehab clinic professionals to advise that Barba is now able to start training as this will be good for him, yeah sounds legit.

Just watched greenbergs press when he broke the news!
Haha gold.....logie!

gsweeper

Juniors
I'm sorry, I haven't posted on here for a while, but what people are saying is just absolute crap. No where has it been said he is over his issues...please someone find me a source, because that's what you're all seemingly saying.

Also, no where does it say his treatment is complete. You're all acting like he's been rushed back into the squad, but until he is actually named, keep the crap opinions with no substance away.

TALENted

Juniors
I'm sorry, I haven't posted on here for a while, but what people are saying is just absolute crap. No where has it been said he is over his issues...please someone find me a source, because that's what you're all seemingly saying.

Also, no where does it say his treatment is complete. You're all acting like he's been rushed back into the squad, but until he is actually named, keep the crap opinions with no substance away.

See u rnd3 or 5

dogslife

Coach
The professionals probably would have said no use keeping him in, we cannnot treat being a young, inexperienced dickhead. No program for that, get back to footy where your free time is limited as its during the season. He will be fine for the forseeable future imo.
They've got a program for everything these days. It's funny how much shit the Dogs are copping for getting him away from the game for a while, however long it is, and letting him sort his shit out, all the while Josh Dugan is going through pretty much the same thing, but it's gotten past the point of him just being helped, he's on his way out

Garts

Bench
They've got a program for everything these days. It's funny how much shit the Dogs are copping for getting him away from the game for a while, however long it is, and letting him sort his shit out, all the while Josh Dugan is going through pretty much the same thing, but it's gotten past the point of him just being helped, he's on his way out

I think the Dogs are trying to do the right thing, irrespective of what the whole or real story is. He is young and they should try and held him where possible. If this was his 2nd or 3rd chance, ala Dugan then punt him. However people will always be sceptical of these situations, especially when it involves such a high profile player.

Cammo

Bench
Hahahaha all the League Unlimited medical experts that know so much about what went on inside the club and at the clinic.

You should all be journalists

Danish

Referee
I'm sure you'd be all "the doctors know what they are doing" if it weren't the Bulldogs star player in there and was instead, say, Sonny Bill Williams.....

dogslife

Coach
I'm sure you'd be all "the doctors know what they are doing" if it weren't the Bulldogs star player in there and was instead, say, Sonny Bill Williams.....
You don't need a medical degree to know he's suffering from a terminal case of being a dickhead. You'll find out at the end of the year when he up and leaves to chase his dream of playing in the NBA

Last edited:

Cammo

Bench

The doctors will know more than me and you what is best for Ben or any football player that is suffering through something, that is why they are the doctors and we are not.

Nothing to do with the Bulldogs at all. I mean Barba is not even named in the side yet, all that has happened is he has been released from the clinic (and still has to return at times for treatment). Greenburg even said there is still a long way to go for him.

I guess people are just happy to live in their own little world and jump to their own conclusions rather than accept the opinions of people who are professionals in that area.

The doctors will know more than me and you what is best for Ben or any football player that is suffering through something, that is why they are the doctors and we are not.

Nothing to do with the Bulldogs at all. I mean Barba is not even named in the side yet, all that has happened is he has been released. Greenburg even said there is still a long way to go for him.

I guess people are just happy to live in their own little world and jump to their own conclusions rather than accept the opinions of people who are professionals in that area.

You do realise that its possible for individuals to check themselves IN and check themselves OUT of most of these rehab facilities don't you? Unless its mandated by the court, you can basically leave whenever you like. However based on your comment I assume you've seen Benny's rehab file where the doc signed him off as being "good to go". If thats the case, I feel happy for Benny, but I'm more than a bit skeptical as to whether the best interests of the Bulldogs and being put before the best interests of Ben Barba.

Godz Illa

Coach
He's been completely rehabilitated and it only cost the Dogs $129.95!

drnick.gif

Cammo

Bench
You do realise that its possible for individuals to check themselves IN and check themselves OUT of most of these rehab facilities don't you? Unless its mandated by the court, you can basically leave whenever you like. However based on your comment I assume you've seen Benny's rehab file where the doc signed him off as being "good to go". If thats the case, I feel happy for Benny, but I'm more than a bit skeptical as to whether the best interests of the Bulldogs and being put before the best interests of Ben Barba.

No I haven't seen any file, and even if I did I am no doctor so it wouldn't mean much to me.

If that is your opinion that is fine. I believe they still want the best for Ben. They could quite easily have done nothing and had him start the season in Round 1 and be playing tonight. As yet no one is completely certain what round he will be back.

I do believe though that if as has been stated by Greenburg that the doctors believe that being around what he does and knows best is good for him then that is what he should do. It makes perfect sense to me, I have suffered with my own issues in the past and being around your friends and family and doing the things you enjoy and are good at can really help you get through tough periods of your life.

No I haven't seen any file, and even if I did I am no doctor so it wouldn't mean much to me.

If that is your opinion that is fine. I believe they still want the best for Ben. They could quite easily have done nothing and had him start the season in Round 1 and be playing tonight. As yet no one is completely certain what round he will be back.

I do believe though that if as has been stated by Greenburg that the doctors believe that being around what he does and knows best is good for him then that is what he should do. It makes perfect sense to me, I have suffered with my own issues in the past and being around your friends and family and doing the things you enjoy and are good at can really help you get through tough periods of your life.

Isn't his time with the Epic Bender Crew the reason he got into trouble in the first place?

Cammo

Bench
Isn't his time with the Epic Bender Crew the reason he got into trouble in the first place?

Yes, but I don't believe people like that are really your friends, they will act like it but they are really only out for themselves.

We were all young once, we all did things we regret. Ben seems regretfull of what he has done and if he learns from it, great. He has commited to helping himself and the club seems committed to helping him as well.

Can't see too much wrong with that personally

Hooch

Juniors

They don't know jack.

If they knew anything about anything they would have encouraged him to keep going to work.

He's not injured you clown. He doesn't require a period of rest to recuperate.