What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

Packy

Bench
he obviuosly just needed 4 to 5 weeks out of the game or as Greenberg put it, "off contractual obligations"
read into that what you will.

what comes under contractual obligations...???

Do tell m8? Tell us which obligations the Dogs or Barba are trying to avoid? C'mon... you wanna be the guy that encourages this sort of talk and baseless rumour, why not stand up and say what you think rather than hiding?

STG 002

First Grade
Do tell m8? Tell us which obligations the Dogs or Barba are trying to avoid? C'mon... you wanna be the guy that encourages this sort of talk and baseless rumour, why not stand up and say what you think rather than hiding?

why - it will just get deleted. this way atleast it will sit around here for a while.

Packy

Bench
why - it will just get deleted. this way atleast it will sit around here for a while.

OK - so what do you base your assumptions on? Text's from a pal? Just make em up? Why bother even saying that if you can't back it up?

STG 002

First Grade
OK - so what do you base your assumptions on? Text's from a pal? Just make em up? Why bother even saying that if you can't back it up?

i'm basing them on my age and what people do in society. not sure how old u are and what you've seen or know.
if u hang out with a gang called the ebc and get a tat and claim to party hard, you are not exactly hanging out drinking pepsi and playing scrabble.

perhaps u think that's what you do. u know exactly what happens but keep your head in the sand. why not. rugby league's the real winner.

Didn't he say himself that he didn't want to play footy?
He was on the ground at the time and told the trainer he didn't want to play anymore.

So for a bloke who is apparently depressed and overly emotional, they get him to go and do something he doesn't want to do?

Packy

Bench
i'm basing them on my age and what people do in society. not sure how old u are and what you've seen or know.
if u hang out with a gang called the ebc and get a tat and claim to party hard, you are not exactly hanging out drinking pepsi and playing scrabble.

perhaps u think that's what you do. u know exactly what happens but keep your head in the sand. why not. rugby league's the real winner.

I understand that.. I am in mid 30's and my party days left me about 5 years ago. I'm not as naive as you might like to think I am. I just don't think the club would be dumb enough to try and cover up something like this in the way that this has gone down.

If you think that results or actual evidence would escape the scrutiny that this whole thing has brought down then perhaps it's you who are naive?

Sleep

Juniors
Issues going back to his childhood as well as alcoholism all gone after a brief two week stay? :lol:

Nice one. Everyone is buying that.

Where is this miracle working place?

ek999

First Grade
Where has anyone said that he was cured. He is still being treated, just not as a patient at the clinic. He is just back at training, he isn't playing and he isn't doing any publicity work

Packy

Bench
I have no idea why my post was deleted or moved. Don't you usually get an email what that happens? I can't recall that I wrote anything that might be killable?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea why my post was deleted or moved. Don't you usually get an email what that happens? I can't recall that I wrote anything that might be killable?

you quoted a deleted post

Hooch

Juniors
Greenberg is lucky ASADA knocked this story off the back page.

Now he can slip Barba back in pronto.

He f**ked up by turning it into a self-help psychobabble media crusade - when all it was, was Barba getting dropped for attitude.

In all seriousness, speaking to the 5% of people on this forum who aren't dribbling 14 year olds, how come sport has become such a complete Dr Phil wankfest these days?

Evenflow

Bench
Just in time for the Storm in round 3. It's a hard place to win at the best of times at AAMI Park and even more so without your best player so it'd be no surprise. That said he was shut right down when he was at the top of his game in the GF so i'm sure the boys won't have much trouble doing it again should he come back for his first game against us.

Garts

Bench
The stint in rehab would have been pointless. Especially if the treatment was around being a young idiot that loves to party and suffers from a severe case of low intelligence and being a dickhead. Rehab will not fix that. Anyway, if I was a Dogs fan I would be happy, he is paid to play footy. I would want him back.

adamkungl

Immortal
Fuggin hell get off the bloke's back, probably just needed a bit of time to get his head in the right place and sort some shit out. Anyone who thinks he was going to sit out of footy for 6 months is an idiot, regardless of what was said in the media.

Footy's what he does best, good on him if he's getting back into it.

Garts

Bench
Fuggin hell get off the bloke's back, probably just needed a bit of time to get his head in the right place and sort some shit out. Anyone who thinks he was going to sit out of footy for 6 months is an idiot, regardless of what was said in the media.

Footy's what he does best, good on him if he's getting back into it.

I agree with that last point, it's what he probably needs to be honest. But still does not change my opinion of him being a dickhead. Love watching him play though.

El Diablo

Post Whore
you quoted the same deleted post

there's not much point sending notifications about quoting deleted posts