What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
If he's back in a few weeks we'll all know it's a f**king publicity stunt. You don't go on about all these personal demons, troubled childhood, obvious gambling and alcohol issues and whatever else is going on in the little f**ks head and be recovered within weeks. If they're serious about this and Barba seriously has issues bad enough to almost get him sacked then 6 months will be the bare minimum. You don't come out and say he's ill and needs help and he's hit rock bottom and then a few weeks later say he's all better.

Must say I agree with all of this.

SharkShocked

Bench
1071929.jpg

Valheru

Coach
I look forward to a full and thorough investigation by our moral compass Phil Rothfield complete with a 12 page thread on the history of bulldogs indiscretions over the last 10 years and photo snaps of Ben Barba leaving the pub and reading a newspaper.

I look forward to a full and thorough investigation by our moral compass Phil Rothfield complete with a 12 page thread on the history of bulldogs indiscretions over the last 10 years and photo snaps of Ben Barba leaving the pub and reading a newspaper.

Beccy will be all over this. Whatever it is, it will be made out to be ten times worse than actual and we'll all be told exactly how no AFL player has ever or will ever be susceptible. In fact, I'm sure the AFL have several programs in place to deal with whatever this is and they'll invite Barba to partake in one as a show of good faith.

And the tell-all interview with Tracy Grimshaw

rnb11

Juniors
Wouldn't be surprised if Four Corners got a hold of this and turn it into a 2 hour long code in crisis story.

Delboy

First Grade
Poor Dogs, they will go to Shoebox,Toddy will explain they have lost a playerand need to sign Izzy for $100k and JT , Shoebox will agree, and then Benny boy will repent and resign for minimum wage to prove he is a good boy.

Sounds far fetched, but hey, it could happen :)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Poor Dogs, they will go to Shoebox,Toddy will explain they have lost a playerand need to sign Izzy for $100k and JT , Shoebox will agree, and then Benny boy will repent and resign for minimum wage to prove he is a good boy.

Sounds far fetched, but hey, it could happen :)

Schubert says Folonk must be valued at more than that

or maybe that only depends which club he will sign for

Delboy

First Grade
El D, we are talking the Dogs and Shoebox, could they get a different answer.

Dont forget they signed Trex, and advised everyone they had 13 players off ciontract which helped them with the cap, then went and signed them all . I remain a cynic with the Shpoebox and his time spent at the Dogs and the Rorters

Stinkler

Juniors
Has he been "suspended" or "stood down"?
There's a difference.

Either way, I'll bet he's back fairly soon.
He "needs football" to help him recover from whatever his problem is.
Football is his "normality".
Wait and see. You know I'm right.

unbreaK

Juniors
Haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone speculated that he might've tried to commit suicide? I mean this seems really drastic and the way the Bulldogs were saying things like "ill" and "needs professional help" kind of led me to believe he might've.

Latest posts