What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs looking to recruit Josh Dugan

Dogs Of War

Coach
Bred not bought?

Like a broken record. It's how the game is these days. We are getting more and more like american sports, where results are what matters, and bringing in pieces which the team believes will make the difference is more important that having a local junior in the team.

I have no problems with the direction my club is taking. If the local junior isn't making the grade, then get someone in who will.

Valheru

Coach
Like a broken record. It's how the game is these days. We are getting more and more like american sports, where results are what matters, and bringing in pieces which the team believes will make the difference is more important that having a local junior in the team.

Lol we all know this.

Only one club, however, released a T-shirt claiming to be the opposite. Granted, it was 8 years ago but the club still claims to live by its traditions.

At the end of the day they are an embarrassment to the comp. Although juniors are a thing of the past they can’t even seem to introduce quality 1st graders and keep them.

natheel

Coach

Bred not bought?

Meh it's how it's is now

I don't think there is many teams without a bought player in their 1,6,7 or 9
I think off the top of my head there is only rabbitohs, tigers and manly??

Titans: zillman, prince
Panthers: Luke Walsh, Kevin kingston
Roosters: braith anasta, Daniel Mortimer (either one will play 6)
Brisbane: Peter Wallace
Bulldogs: hodkinson, ennis and keating
Cowboys: thurston, lui
Raiders: berrigan
Dragons: fien, soward
Eels: sandow and Roberts
Warriors: Maloney, friend
Knights: Boyd
Sharks: carney, Robson
Tigers:??
Rabbitohs:??
Manly:??

Dogs Of War

Coach
Lol we all know this.

Only one club, however, released a T-shirt claiming to be the opposite. Granted, it was 8 years ago but the club still claims to live by its traditions.

At the end of the day they are an embarrassment to the comp. Although juniors are a thing of the past they can’t even seem to introduce quality 1st graders and keep them.

Yeah real embarrassing. Topped the Sydney crowd averages for the last few years despite not making the top 8 for the past 2 years. Doing everything well off the field, just need to get the on field product working, and I think once again, the moves off the field in securing Des, should see that fixed as well.

You should probably worry about what your club is doing off the field more.

ceagle

Bench
Buying a lot of high profile players doesn't seem like a Hasler thing to do. Developing players has proven to be alot more effective then spending big, and is alot easier to manage your salary that way. I dont see Hasler throwing huge amounts of money around for just a single player.

Danish

Referee
These stories don't bother me in the slightest. I still think Dugan will stay.

If he doesn't though, it won't be the fault of Raiders management. They will make him an offer to make him the highest paid player at the club, but I'd imagine there'd be a couple of other teams doing the same. Wherever Dugan decides to sign, it won't be for the money, because you'd imagine he'd be on more or less the same anywhere.

Exactly my thoughts.

If anything I actually think he is most likely to get the biggest pay day from the Raiders themselves, as surely they will want to throw the cheque book at him to keep him at the club.

The only worry is that raiders management don't break the bank retaining him at the expense of losing half the squad like what happened to the Dragons with Le Gaz

40Twenty

Juniors
[FKN-SIK];7991419 said:
Dragons fan talking about Origin players hiding :lol::lol:

It's actually rothfield and some other knowledgeable bloke making the call.:crazy:

MEOWWWWWWW Doggies Meoowwwwwwwwwwwww

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Meh it's how it's is now

I don't think there is many teams without a bought player in their 1,6,7 or 9
I think off the top of my head there is only rabbitohs, tigers and manly??

Titans: zillman, prince
Panthers: Luke Walsh, Kevin kingston
Roosters: braith anasta, Daniel Mortimer (either one will play 6)
Brisbane: Peter Wallace
Bulldogs: hodkinson, ennis and keating
Cowboys: thurston, lui
Raiders: berrigan
Dragons: fien, soward
Eels: sandow and Roberts
Warriors: Maloney, friend
Knights: Boyd
Sharks: carney, Robson
Tigers:??
Rabbitohs:??
Manly:??

Berrigan is likely to play centre and Buttriss at 9.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Get him to cut their hair.
boomtish.gif

super_coach

First Grade
With the amount of players that go through Belmore every year they will need to hire the entertainment centre for their ten year reunion functions. You get the feeling Hasler is getting the brown paper bags out of the cupboard again

Latest posts