What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt v Hayne - The Stats

Eelementary

Post Whore
10/10 performance was then followed up by a better performance against the Warriors and an even better performance against the storm. These were teams that came 4th and 1st in the comp, not a team trying to scrape in the 8.
Hayne did take time to adapt to fullback (after not playing there in years) but showed why he is a better fullback then Burt, and at the very least a good representative player.
Hayne performances in the centres wont that bad, definatly better than any of our centres this year and when he did get quality ball showed what he could do.

Mate he didn't play any better or any worse than Inu/Smith at centre.

He took a while to adapt. Quite a while, actually. It should have been a natural transition of he's so good, regardless of when he last played there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
because better judges then you and I believe he has just as much talent. You put Hayne in a broncos or Storm jersey he'd be one of the best players in the world.

A bad Broncos side? they still were formidable, made the semi's and we gave them there biggets hiding in their history.

How long? well he was great from the start, i recall a game against Manly in which we lost in which Hayne was our best player whilst at FB that year, he scored an amazing individual try too

His games against Brisbane, Warriors, Bulldogs and Storm were simply amazing, he was brillant in every single one of those games against class opposition, burt only plays well against mainly dreg sides, without Tim Smiths boot he's useless, he cant tackle, his positional play is pathetic, he's absolutely useless taking bombs, and if he isn't supporting a ball player ( which every fb does) he's next to invisable.

Whatt utter crap, then why hasn't f**king Inu produced from that position in twice the amount of time? the reason why hayne didn't produce is like Inu this year, the ball players inside him haven't given him adequate ball and opportunities, when they recieve a ball they're already the line, surley a smart bloke like yourself could notice that. And besides, i didn't think his games at centre last year weren't all that bad,

He's super talented, just watch in 2007 form, but its hard to shine when the team is going poorly.

Inus is badly out of form, and again he's a winger.

I like Hayne. I really do. But we keep wanting to place him on a pedestal when the bloke has only really had a handful of really brilliant games in a few years.

Yes, I agree that he offers a lot of things from fullback that Burt doesn't. But likewise Burt offers a lot of things from fullback that Hayne doesn't.

I trust Anderson fully to choose the team that best suits our needs, and if it has Hayne at fulback and Burt out of the team, for argument's sake, then so be it.

BRAD BELLICK

Juniors
* BURT IS AN ABSOLUTE PATHETIC DISGRACE *

Have a look at the trys the Dogs scored. Not all his fault no. But no effort at all. Jogs across half hearted, no effort to tackle /put his body on the line.

He is a bloody disgrace. & before some idiot says it, yes i realise his not on his own, but his lack of effort is GLARING. Unfortunately I have booked flights & tickets for Suncorp stadium on Friday night..I get to watch this rabble with the biggest pissant in league again. Great!

bartman

Immortal
Goodness me... didn't think the first post in this thread after today's game would be challenging Burt's efforts in defence.

The first two tries seemed to throw up a failure in Jarryd's previously improved in the line defence. When Grothe went off, DA moved Smith to the centres and kept Burt at fullback, when he had the chance to move Jarryd it was back to his best position (wing).

I think the Hayne for fullback campaign is once again over, unless Burt ends up with an injury. Coincidently, that is the only way Hayne ended up at fullback in the first place.

Bazal

Post Whore
:lol::lol::lol:

That Bellick twat really is a tool....Burt was good today. On the other hand, let's look at his beloved "better option" :)lol:!!!!!)Jarryd Hayne...

Josh Morris scored two converted tries on him thanks to terrible defensive efforts on his behalf
Ben Roberts put a kick in past him that lead to a converted try after a terrible defensive read on his behalf
He threw a terribly lazy and apathetic forward pass to Burt, who then ran away to "score" unaware that Hayne could possibly have been so stupid

That's 18 points conceded by him and 4-6 he blew totally...yet Burt is the disgrace, clearly :lol:

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Goodness me... didn't think the first post in this thread after today's game would be challenging Burt's efforts in defence.

The first two tries seemed to throw up a failure in Jarryd's previously improved in the line defence. When Grothe went off, DA moved Smith to the centres and kept Burt at fullback, when he had the chance to move Jarryd it was back to his best position (wing).

I think the Hayne for fullback campaign is once again over, unless Burt ends up with an injury. Coincidently, that is the only way Hayne ended up at fullback in the first place.

Burt's defence was nonexistent. Hayne was hardly fantastic, but we all know if he had played fullback he would have put his body on the line and tried to tackle the opposition players. It wouldn’t have pissed me off nearly as much as watching them run straight pass nonexistent Burt tackles.

I don't care if Hayne replaces Burt or what, but Burt has to go. He offers nothing. Look at the fullbacks for most NRL sides, compare them to Burt...

:lol::lol::lol:

That Bellick twat really is a tool....Burt was good today. On the other hand, let's look at his beloved "better option" :)lol:!!!!!)Jarryd Hayne...

Josh Morris scored two converted tries on him thanks to terrible defensive efforts on his behalf
Ben Roberts put a kick in past him that lead to a converted try after a terrible defensive read on his behalf
He threw a terribly lazy and apathetic forward pass to Burt, who then ran away to "score" unaware that Hayne could possibly have been so stupid

That's 18 points conceded by him and 4-6 he blew totally...yet Burt is the disgrace, clearly :lol:

Spot on.

The only thing that HaHa did today was score that try and that was from a beautiful ball from.....wait for it....Burt running second man off Mateo!

What does HaHa do in return for Burt? Throw a lazy forward pass. Burt managed to outrun three defenders to the line, jostle against Patten to actually get the ball down, only to find HaHa had screwed things up.

HaHa's defense was atrocious today. And what about that knock on? Dropped a bloody sitter. Ben Roberts had a field day with Hayne out wide cause HaHa can't read a simple play.

HaHa was our worst player on the field today, hands down. Others like Oake contributed absolutely nothing, but HaHa beats them out because of how much he stuffed up.

strider

Post Whore
i think hayne SHOULD play fullback - because his defense in the line is woeful .... how many f'n times does he let his man get outside him!!! :crazy:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
* BURT IS AN ABSOLUTE PATHETIC DISGRACE *

Have a look at the trys the Dogs scored. Not all his fault no. But no effort at all. Jogs across half hearted, no effort to tackle /put his body on the line.

He is a bloody disgrace. & before some idiot says it, yes i realise his not on his own, but his lack of effort is GLARING. Unfortunately I have booked flights & tickets for Suncorp stadium on Friday night..I get to watch this rabble with the biggest pissant in league again. Great!

did you see thee first try where Hayne tried to tackle the try scorer and he just stepped out of the tackle as though Hayne wasn't there

can you imagine Hayne at fullback with that type of defense

Burt is no superstar but he's the best we have atm

yy_cheng

Coach
did you see thee first try where Hayne tried to tackle the try scorer and he just stepped out of the tackle as though Hayne wasn't there

can you imagine Hayne at fullback with that type of defense

Burt is no superstar but he's the best we have atm

Do you remember Sam Thaiday running at Hayne at FB?

yy_cheng

Coach
well, you might as well blame him for that, he's getting blamed for everything else..lol

I was joking, I actually thought Burt played well y'day. Caught balls on the full and Kimmorley wanted to test him with Bombs.

I even gave Burt the 3 points