What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buster

PJ

First Grade
Redback I really doubt that Miller would have survived the media scrutiny the players today put up with.

That is the real difference here. Back in those days every furker under the sun wasn't carrying around a mobile phone let alone one with an in built camera/video camera.

redback

Bench
I couldn't disagree more with what you just wrote.

Its a sunday night, we dont play till Monday.
If he wants to get pizzed in his own time, he should be allowed to.
He turned up for training the next day and completed the session without a hiccup.
Sounds like he went home at 10:30, not exactly an all night bender.
How exactly did he let anyone down?
Do you think his performance will be negatively affected in the game on Monday night?
I am a professionial, but if I want to get pizzed the night before work I am allowed to, what does being professional have to do with spending your own time?
You talk about Gavin Miller etc not having any dramas, exactly what drama has Buster caused here? Is falling over a drama?

Perception is everything! It certainly won't bring anymore people through the turnstiles in fact it will keep some away. Even if its only a handful.

bluey

Bench
I dont have to many problems with him getting on the turps, but falling asleep in garden beds pissing your self is way over the line.( if it is true.)

fatshark

Bench
I am a professionial, but if I want to get pizzed the night before work I am allowed to, what does being professional have to do with spending your own time?
umm hes a professional athlete, wouldnt be too good on performance. I can see now why crowds will be down. Why pay money for sub par performances???

Quigs

Immortal
Okay what about our games immortals.

Run through a few of them.

One of the greatest - Chook Raper - is folklore that he sometimes rocked home at sun up on a match day that pissed that he would just get out and run himself sober.

Then turn up to the game and play a blinder.

The game already has no characters. Lets turn them all into christian fearing non drinking vegetarians. But at least the game will be fast on TV between the ad breaks. And the mums will let their kiddies play the game again.

Just don't expect me to start following the Simmo Super league.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

PJ

First Grade
WHy don't we replace them all with girl scouts. Then we can finally see Simmo shine (unless his opposite number is a large girl, that might put him off)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Start recruiting at chess clubs, band camp and bible readings.

It is the way of the future.

PJ

First Grade
I dont have to many problems with him getting on the turps, but falling asleep in garden beds pissing your self is way over the line.( if it is true.)

THe pissing himself bit has already gone away (someone spilt their drink on him) and some speculation on the falling asleep in the garden bed as well.

For fuggs sake,
1. Conduct the investigation. (finish by 10pm tonight)
2. Haul Buster in chastise him, enrol him in the usual rehab programs etc etc etc
3. Fine him a "5 figure sum" P.S Make sure you include cents as 2 of the 5 figures.
4. Send actions taken to NRL
5. Free to commence training (Tomorrow by 11am)

Done and dusted.

Quigs

Immortal
For fuggs sake,
1. Conduct the investigation. (finish by 10pm tonight)
2. Haul Buster in chastise him, enrol him in the usual rehab programs etc etc etc
3. Fine him a "5 figure sum" P.S Make sure you include cents as 2 of the 5 figures.
4. Send actions taken to NRL
5. Free to commence training (Tomorrow by 11am)

Done and dusted.

I'll drink to that.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

PJ

First Grade
IMO no. He was using products from major sponsors of the NRL and Sharks. He was on his own time and not representing the club, the clubs sponsors or the NRL. If some numbnut hadn't been out trying to be a hero to his mates or make a quick $ we wouldn't even know about it, or care.

If he had been violent, aggressive, broken the law or driven different story.

As I've said before if these incidents are such a concern to the NRL the responsible course of action for them it to remove the NRL from accociations with alcohol, but that would hurt them so they won't.

The Dodger

First Grade
Answer me this:

In the current climate did Seymour cross the line?

well from what i have read, no i don't think so.

are you trying to say that NRL players are not allowed to get drunk?

the only thing that i can come up with is that he might have turned up to training the next day drunk, which i can agree is a valid reason to suspend him.

but apart from that, having drink spilt on you, getting kicked out of a club and falling onto a flowerbed is not avalid reason to suspend him.

they haven't suspended him yet, so we will just have to wait and see.

Last edited: