What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye bye Spagnolo...

Yeah but surely he couldn't sit on a board if he had companies that went broke to avoid paying creditors?

Yeh, well, it's not an offence to be a director or shareholder of a company that becomes insolvent. It's how it goes about becoming insolvent, what happens once it is insolvent, and what bullshit goes on at creditors meetings that is the crux of it. And, to be fair to the bloke, there isn't a formal finding against him in this regard.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Yeh, well, it's not an offence to be a director or shareholder of a company that becomes insolvent. It's how it goes about becoming insolvent, what happens once it is insolvent, and what bullshit goes on at creditors meetings that is the crux of it. And, to be fair to the bloke, there isn't a formal finding against him in this regard.

Maybe he's just unlucky.

IFR33K

Coach

He's a chartered accountant. He'd know the rules and regulations more than anyone. He'd be more than capable of pushing ITSA to the absolute limit, without incriminating himself. Sorry Barry, but chartered accountants are the biggest scum. Possibly up there with lawyers. No offence.

He's a chartered accountant. He'd know the rules and regulations more than anyone. He'd be more than capable of pushing ITSA to the absolute limit, without incriminating himself. Sorry Barry, but chartered accountants are the biggest scum. Possibly up there with lawyers. No offence.

My post was in response to a suggestion that he'd not be allowed to act as a director given the history of the companies he's been associated with.

I'm not offended, I'm neither a lawyer or a CA (though I might have a similar qualification :))

But....it is pretty shallow to think that everyone of a particular profession is the same (maybe 99% but not all). Just sayin....

IFR33K

Coach
My post was in response to a suggestion that he'd not be allowed to act as a director given the history of the companies he's been associated with.

I'm not offended, I'm neither a lawyer or a CA (though I might have a similar qualification :))

But....it is pretty shallow to think that everyone of a particular profession is the same (maybe 99% but not all). Just sayin....

Not shallow at all. Just been stung by my own lawyer and a CA. Like many others, I've also heard some pathetic stuff. My lawyer was in the media recently for all the wrong reasons. Very hard to trust one again, and hopefully will never require another.

Not shallow at all. Just been stung by my own lawyer and a CA. Like many others, I've also heard some pathetic stuff. My lawyer was in the media recently for all the wrong reasons. Very hard to trust one again, and hopefully will never require another.

So you're happy to generalise from that to all other lawyers and CAs? I've been ripped off by several tradesmen....are all tradesmen dodgy?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
That's right HJ

Roy is an OAM cause he is recognised for all his charity work

If he has these failed companies as outlined by Kate McClymont, he would not be allowed to sit on any board.

Must be a bad person to get the OAM and give to charity.

He gives to charity too!

images