What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call of Duty 4 - thoughts?

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Anyone got some tips for online??? I have the PC version and only average around 10 or so kills a round. I need to unlock more grenades it sucks only having one.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Got stuck into online whilst I was off sick for 2-3 weeks.

...then my housemate started bit-torrenting :(

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Anyone got some tips for online??? I have the PC version and only average around 10 or so kills a round. I need to unlock more grenades it sucks only having one.

Here is a good general purpose class:

MP5 (w/ Red Dot Sight)
Desert Eagle (or any other pistol, use a silencer if you use a different one though)
Stun Grenade (NEVER use flash grenades, they are useless)

Frag x3 (or until you unlock it, Stun x3)
Stopping Power
Martyrdom

Some tips, um, if an enemy puts up a UAV then run back to where most of your team is hiding because opposition always targets the most isolated people. Don't camp, it's just stupid, keep moving but be careful when moving around corners. Don't play on a server unless your connection is 3 green bars or higher.

Panthagrey

Juniors
I started playing cod 4 a few weeks ago when i got my ps3 and its an awsome game..i go online when i can and im up 2 lvl 33 its an awsome game love the place with the cargo ship and sit high trying to pick people off with the Dragunov and claymores....very addictive gaming...lol:lol:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
When you enter the game, you press (I think) circle twice to back out of the class selection menu, then you'll just be spectating and you press select to see the connection and if it's dodgy, just quit.

I mean you can play on 2 yellow bars but it's really frustrating.

Munky

Coach
The M-16 with ACOG scope + stopping power is walking death.

My P90/Dragunov Overkill combo goes ok.

The Ak-74SU is awesome for close quarters.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
I've recently discovered the joys of the M16, i was always a M4 man but i've switched. That and i've fiddled with some of the settings and my game has increased 10fold i'm almost a machine out there now.

Stilll need to unlock the 3frags tho :(

CC_Eagle

First Grade
(On PC)

How many servers do you guys get?

I can only seem to ALWAYS only have the "Pow" server as my only result with anyone in it?

No filters set at all.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
(On PC)

How many servers do you guys get?

I can only seem to ALWAYS only have the "Pow" server as my only result with anyone in it?

No filters set at all.

I get a sh*tload of servers that comeup.

I'm usually on the "texas toast" server they are all demolition games. I find them more enjoyable. It's almost like a game of league because you're trying to push the defence back.

And ParraDudue yeah i realiased how much quicker the M16 drops people especially with "stopping power" but hey i'm still in noob status trying unlock frags. :p The G3 is gun nice too.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Weird.

Totally legit copy of the game, patched up and with no filters set.

But the only server I ever get with anyone in it is the pow clan server (great server btw).

Anyone got any ideas?

Started using the M16 + stopping power last night. Resulted in being top scorer for a few games on my team. Which would have pissed off a few hardcore's, seeing a level 19 n00b on top.

Munky

Coach
I find the Ak-74 and P-90 to be better at taking opponents down if you're accurate (the steady aim perk makes them lethal at close range).

The G-3 is good for accurate one shot at a time firing, it's odd how the gun is fully auto in single player though.

The M-16 probably seems cheap since it has the 3 round burst that is deadly accurate. Two bursts to the chest are all that's needed.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The M-16 probably seems cheap since it has the 3 round burst that is deadly accurate. Two bursts to the chest are all that's needed.

Only takes one hit alot of the time though. Pisses me off, one minute you're completely healthy, a split second later you're dead and the killcam shows someone with an M-16 shooting you once and that's it.

I use this as my main class;

P90 w/ Silencer
Desert Eagle
Stun Grenade

Bandolier
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Weird.

Totally legit copy of the game, patched up and with no filters set.

But the only server I ever get with anyone in it is the pow clan server (great server btw).

Anyone got any ideas?

How fast is your connection speed?

could also be a firewall setting??

Even after you refresh the server list, i'm not too sure that's quite odd.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
ADSL2 w/ Telstra. Despite how much I despise them, they're the only company who offer ADSL2 in my area.

It's not fantastic. But on the PoW server based in the US, my ping is around 200.

No customized firewalls either!

So f*cking annoying...Perhaps if I searched manually for an Aussie server IP?