What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call of Duty 4 - thoughts?

Azkatro

First Grade
Finally clocked the single player game on veteran last night. As a bonus I found 7 of those intelligence things. Awesome game. By the way, I never shot the stray dog because through that whole mission I was too scared to try anything crazy! Even lying down in that field while they walk over the top of you I pretty much just cuddled MacMillan's leg :lol:

By the way if you're looking to upgrade, the game runs beautifully for me with an Intel E6750 and an ATI HD3850, both of which (I found anyway) are pretty affordable in terms of modern gaming.

MC DUI

Juniors
Did you manage to finish the hostage mission on Veteran Azkatro?

I'm still stuck on that one, I had to stop playing it for a while because something was going to get smashed...

Y2Eel

First Grade
legend said:
I find that quite often. I'm shooting an opposing player but he gets the jump on me and when the replay comes up, I haven't even fired a shot.

COD4 Is sh*thouse for online play..... Get shot in leg you die...

Great singleplayer mode...

Azkatro

First Grade
MC DUI said:
Did you manage to finish the hostage mission on Veteran Azkatro?

I'm still stuck on that one, I had to stop playing it for a while because something was going to get smashed...
f**k, I was hoping nobody would ask me that :lol:

I have had quite a few cracks at it and it is going to take some doing.

The best strategy I've come up with so far is:

- take out the first few guys with the pistol
- switch to the MP before the next wave come out and shoot accurately so you finish them in one clip
- reload
- throw a flashbang into the next group of guys where the stairs are

And that's as far as I've gotten!

legend

Coach
Y2Eel said:
COD4 Is sh*thouse for online play..... Get shot in leg you die...

Great singleplayer mode...

There is headshot mode you know. Probably more realistic but much harder.

spider

Coach
Azkatro said:
f**k, I was hoping nobody would ask me that :lol:

I have had quite a few cracks at it and it is going to take some doing.

The best strategy I've come up with so far is:

- take out the first few guys with the pistol
- switch to the MP before the next wave come out and shoot accurately so you finish them in one clip
- reload
- throw a flashbang into the next group of guys where the stairs are

And that's as far as I've gotten!

check this guy out on veteran - think he only gets hit once

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=FbYXV0UivpM

Dragooner

Bench
Man I was stumped on one shot, one kill. I could do it all untill that f*cking ferris wheel. Claymores and C4's everywhere. But I could not do it! (this is on PS3 btw) Finally I finished it and then went through to get stuck on the f*cking hostage mission. I finished it eventually. I basically stayed in cover and let my team do the work. Just taking out anyone I could get a shot on. Worked :D

spider

Coach
if you scroll through the various videos in there, some guys do it with only using flash bangs, or only using a knife, etc

it must take 100 attempts to get that good at it

legend

Coach
I have started the LU clan if anyone wants to join up, we can have a group game which would be great.

Y2Eel

First Grade
legend said:
There is headshot mode you know. Probably more realistic but much harder.

Nothing about that game on multiplayer is realistic... Worst Multiplayer Game But best Single Player game... People just spam it gets boring after 5 minutes...

Dragooner

Bench
Headshot mode is gay. Everyone just sits in there little hiding spots and snipes everybody. No other way of doing it.

My Online has f*cked up recently, once fixed I'll join.

Munky

Coach
I thought the single player was far to scripted to be called great.

However I love the multiplayer, each to their own I guess.

Dragooner

Bench
I kinda got the sh*ts with the fact that you could pretty much stand behind someone and shoot them a thousand times, only for them to bloody turn around and stab you! You can't quit the game either, 1.Pussies way out, 2.It comes up as a loss.

I still play it occasionally.

the thing that f**king sh*ts me to tears is getting killed by the same person and on kill cam they use a f**king grenade launcher ... if only i had a mic :(

online can be so frustrating but still it's pretty cool ... sucks if you aren't connected 100%