What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cam Smith

macavity

Referee
pfffttt

cam smith isn't even the best hooker in Oz

just plays for the best team so always looks the goods

Shorty

Staff member
macavity said:
pfffttt

cam smith isn't even the best hooker in Oz

just plays for the best team so always looks the goods
Yeah....right:lol:
That's why he was QLD's best and did wonders for Aus last year.

I like Cam Smith...perhaps the joke was in bad taste but he probably wasn't exactly in a thought provoked mood...

macavity

Referee
Smith has never played in a bad team.

he has always played in the best team.

lets see how he looks carrying blokes.

put him in a struggling team and see how he goes - only then can he be judged for his own worth.

perverse

Referee
Shorty said:
Yeah....right:lol:
That's why he was QLD's best and did wonders for Aus last year.

I like Cam Smith...perhaps the joke was in bad taste but he probably wasn't exactly in a thought provoked mood...
lol.. steve price was QLD's best this year by far.

Johns Magic

Referee
Smith has walked right into a great team which has become the dominant team in the competition. In his four full seasons of first-grade the Storm have been 6th at worst, and minor premiers twice.

I'd be very interested to see how Smith played if he was ever under the pump.

Maori-Boy

Juniors
FFS, when did league get so f**ken precious. Players partying too hard,Smith making jokes about Stewart. Its all a big f**ken yawn

camsmith

Juniors
CharlieF said:
Who better than you to attest to that.

lol I forgot my name on here was camsmith. It's my actual name, its not like he's my favourite player or my user name is named after him.

He is a good bloke though, most Cam Smith's are :D

t-ba

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
Smith has walked right into a great team which has become the dominant team in the competition. In his four full seasons of first-grade the Storm have been 6th at worst, and minor premiers twice.

Indeed. The mark of the truly great player is how they handle playing in a sh*thouse team. Look at the way Andrew Johns dragged the Knights kicking and screaming out of that woeful beginning to 2005.

Eels Dude

Coach
Johns Magic said:

Did you consider that perhaps the reason Melbourne have been so consistent over the past few years is that they have a player like Cameron Smith in there leading the helm?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
macavity said:

put him in a struggling team and see how he goes - only then can he be judged for his own worth.

I nominate the Warriors for this test

Johns Magic

Referee
Eels Dude said:
Did you consider that perhaps the reason Melbourne have been so consistent over the past few years is that they have a player like Cameron Smith in there leading the helm?

Are you impying that Melbourne are a one man team?

They've got the most star-studded line-up in the competition.

Noa

First Grade
macavity said:

What a ridiculous theory. Going by that we can say Meninga, Gasnier, Beetson, Tallis, Langer, etc, etc ,etc ,etc are all over-rated as they had the "misfortune" of playing in good teams there whole careers.

If you need a good player to play in a bad team to tell how good they are then your not much of a judge.

Cams probing and organising out of dummy-half is better then any hooker Ive seen.

Johns Magic

Referee
Noa Nandruku said:
Cams probing and organising out of dummy-half is better then any hooker Ive seen.

Behind a dominant pack that's always going forward and giving him lots of time and space.

philstorm

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
Behind a dominant pack that's always going forward and giving him lots of time and space.

That's just gold.

People accused us last year of having one of the smallest and softest packs going around.

Funnily enough, Smith won the DM that year. :lol:

Shorty

Staff member
LOL@jealous Newcastle fans.
Smith is the powerhouse behind the Melbourne Storm.

Look as this,I hate Melbourne and even I can see they struggled significantly without him - Just have a look at how they did when he was injured.