What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith Watch

Sir Cameron Smith has earned the right.

Sir Cameron Smith has redefined the game, he has redefined sport. The numbers say he is more influence than Don Bradman and Rod Laver

Sir Cameron Smith is the greatest Australian Cultural Icon since Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

God Bless you Sir Cameron Smith.

You are our great Australian.

You are what it means to be an Aussie Man.

enjoy your well earned retirement.

We all salute you

We all wish we were you.

MugaB

Coach

Sir Cameron Smith has redefined the game, he has redefined sport. The numbers say he is more influence than Don Bradman and Rod Laver

Sir Cameron Smith is the greatest Australian Cultural Icon since Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

We all salute you

We all wish we were you.
f**k i hope this is sarcasm, coz you're starting to show a compete lack of brain cells, and very close to missing a chromosome or two, regarding the fan boy stats of Cameron

Lebbo73

Bench
The nightmares will never end. I actually tortured myself last night & watched the gf replay with commentary from Bellamy & half a dozen storm players. I will say Brandon Smith is a funny prick.
He was on the Matty Johns Family podcast. Brandon is a funny prick indeed.

Generalzod

Immortal

We all salute you

We all wish we were you.
Who’s WE sucker...

stryker

First Grade
Wally
Beetson
Johns
Meninga
Sterling
Kenny

I’d even have Lazarus in the discussion and before you go off, look at his record and what he brought to every team he played for

And that just players who played from 1981!

he’s the best hooker I’ve ever seen but best player? No way
The closest is Wally.
The rest are behind him by a margin.

stryker

First Grade
It beggars belief the way some people still maintain that Cam is the victim or has somehow been hard-done by. Some of the comments on news articles (both sides of the border) after that whole incident just...unbelievable...
Whole thing was an accident caused by McKinnons reaction to the tackle.
Smith was slandered.

Reflector

Juniors
Whole thing was an accident caused by McKinnons reaction to the tackle.
Smith was slandered.

Poor Cameron. Out of the whole incident, we should've felt sorry for the Storm, Qld and Australian captain. Imagine having to be him and have people hate on you for your actions on a football field when clearly, based on the entirety of your career to date, acting like a wanker or behaving in a manner contrary to the spirit of the game is totally not your go. He's definitely the one our hearts should go out to in that incident, not the guy who was injured in the tackle and would never play the game he loved again, let alone walk.

#riseforcameron

Wizardman

First Grade
It is going to be interesting to see what he does next. A lot say he will commentate but a few things seems to go against that theory.

1. He has a dislike of the media.
2. He dislikes channel nine over the McKinnon story
3. His old "mate" Cronk at Fox

Dollar bills mend bridges but it will be interesting.

Great photo last night of Sir Cameron Smith and his family in full Melbourne storm gear

He is loyal and pure and is a great hero.

Love you Cam and Barb and family. you are awesome.

The closest is Wally.
The rest are behind him by a margin.

Agreed.

Although Wally was actually liked by crowds in NSW toward to the end of his career. And I remember him getting mobbed after a Saturday arvo game at Shark Park, he was on the ground for about 20 minutes after full time, they wouldn’t let him off..

Cameron remains pure villainy to the last ... and beyond retirement. It’s sheer genius..

Who are the sour patch kids on LU gonna spit lemon seeds at now?

Probably Moses, Gutherson et-al..

But there’ll still be a few launched at Smith...

If the Melbourne Storm club didn’t have Brandon and Harry, I’m sure Sir Cameron Smith would have played on. He wanted to. It just wasn’t going to be at the Storm and he couldn’t bring himself to play against the club he helped build.

Complete selflessness.

Yet the usual brigade still somehow twist things to make out he is selfish.

Not a popular opinion, but I would have preferred we just signed him up for another two years and dealt with the fallout in the backup hooker ranks as a result.

I selfishly wanted him to play on - even at another club - just to get to see him do it all over again.

Rest easy GOAT. You deserve it!