What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

effnic

Bench
I reckon he'll get charged with a grade 1, but for a non-grapple charge (perhaps contrary conduct). That way he'll still get suspended (due to his 25% loading), but it will likely only be for 1 match, and he'd still be available for the Grand Final.
If that ends up being the case, lets hope the sharks make sure there is no grand final for the storm.

Glenn

First Grade
I thought that even if he gets the lowest possible grading he will still face 2 weeks because of carry overs????????????

If charged with a grapple tackle yes (carry over points + same offence loading), but if charged with contrary conduct as a example only has to worry about the carry over points.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Apparently the MRC should be listening to Cameron Smith because he's a man of high integrity and honesty and his publicaly said that there was nothing in the tackle.

what a f**ken weasel...

Mr Saab

Referee
Did TK say anything? Or was he as soft as a pillow?
Did Michael Slater disguise his complete lack of knowlegde pertaining to league with his Gavin Robertson laugh?
Waldron really picked an easy target to unload on with that show....as soft as they come.

Ridders

Coach
What a defense, can't possibly see how that could go against him. You can't ban a man of integrity and honesty.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe he should be suspended for the rest of this year and made to miss the entire world cup as well, as a bare minimum.

Thaiday had stopped moving when he was tackled initially around the legs.

Jeremy Smith came in, had Thaidays entire body open and he went straight for the chicken wing - instant suspension

Cameron Smith came in third, while Thaiday was still not moving, and in a chicken wing hold, and with his torso still open to be tackled, and he inetntionally went straight to the the head/neck area.

I don't care if this tackle doesn't meet the defined criteria of a grapple, it's dangerous, it's an intentional attack on the head and should be graded in the same context as the most sever head high tackles.

he should be getting 6-8 weeks minimum for this, as well being forced to miss the entire world cup.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Did TK say anything? Or was he as soft as a pillow?
Did Michael Slater disguise his complete lack of knowlegde pertaining to league with his Gavin Robertson laugh?
Waldron really picked an easy target to unload on with that show....as soft as they come.

TK was pathetic, he gave the old, "I want to see all players compete in the final series but geez, he might have a case to answer"

Slater = definitely Robertson.

Mr Saab

Referee
Slater is definately a nuffy and a half. NO IDEA ABOUT ANY SPORT!!!
He is a joke on wide world of sports...and a joke on the BSB.
Has his juvenile giggle everytime he knows he is out of the depth...
TK and Slater both have the spine of a centipede.

As for Waldron....i thought Cullen wasa goose comparing league to netball last week,but Waldron has won the award for CEO dropkick of 2008

Stagger eel

Staff member
As for Waldron....i thought Cullen wasa goose comparing league to netball last week,but Waldron has won the award for CEO dropkick of 2008

he's already got the seige mentality, us V them, NRL wanting Sydney teams to compete in the decider, type of attitude already, sh*ts me to tears...

the guy is a f**king tool in the highest order.

JoeD

First Grade
He should get 2 weeks just for stupidity or arrogance. With all the talk on Melbourne and grapple tackles in the past week the Melbourne captain attacks the neck/ head of a player. Either he is incredibly stupid or incredibly arrogant and thought he would get off.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Get rid of wrestling out of the game that is more suited to soccer twigs

AND BRING BACK THE BIFF

To Rugby League

bennoonthehill

Juniors
Regardless of whether Smith should or shouldn't get a ban for the tackle, Waldron's "integrity" defence is downright absurd. He's made himself a laughing stock.

JB

Juniors
If McKinnon can get 3 weeks for vaguely spitting in the direction of an official, then Smith should get at least 2 for treating Thaiday's head like a twist top.

Latest posts