What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campbelltown Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulvihill

Juniors
I mean fancy talking about something as contoversial as the crowd. Sinclair and is team of schoolgirls are a little too sensitive aren't they. Then he'll hide behind something like `the club said this or that'. The club and those in it view him as a cretin

Vicious

Bench
I`ve got no idea why the crowd was ordinary and it was ordinary considering we are the Premiers. But the fact remains, we still need to play games out at Campbelltown even if no one turns up. We probably need to be playing more than the 3 games a year out there as the Wests Tigers have no future without the Magpies and the Campbelltown/Macarthur juniors.
When we say the crowd was poor, it was still above average for what Sydney based clubs are getting at the moment. The extra money that the extra 5,000 people Leichardt no doubt would have pulled still doesn`t near compensate for the talented juniors that the Magpies and the Campbelltown/Macarthur region produces.

mulvihill

Juniors
But that's the whole point isn't it. If they don't turn up when things are good they are hardly likely to turn up if they're bad are they ???

Vicious

Bench
mulvihill said:
But that's the whole point isn't it. If they don't turn up when things are good they are hardly likely to turn up if they're bad are they ???

Of course they`re not, but what`s the point you`re trying to make except to say that the Wests Tigers are better supported at Leichardt rather than Campbelltown???
If we were running last, we wouldn`t be getting 10,000 anywhere.

mulvihill

Juniors
But we're not running last. Why is it such a sensitive issue. It was a poor crowd and yet it isn't open for debate because the fuhrer deemed it not acceptable. What a bell end. It is obvious his wish is a forum with `your team for next weekend' and pick the score topics moderated by penrith fans

Vicious

Bench
mulvihill said:
But we're not running last. Why is it such a sensitive issue. It was a poor crowd and yet it isn't open for debate because the fuhrer deemed it not acceptable. What a bell end. It is obvious his wish is a forum with `your team for next weekend' and pick the score topics moderated by penrith fans

Stop worrying about the official forum, we`re debating it here. I haven`t heard anyone say that it wasn`t a less than expected crowd that turned up at Campbelltown last weekend. So what??? Are you suggesting that all Campbeltown games should be moved back to Leichardt Oval meaning that all the good juniors that come out of the Campbelltown/Macarthur region will start playing for either the Bulldogs, Eels, Panthers, Roosters, Sharks, Dragons or Rabbitohs rather than for the Wests Tigers??? Like what Big Brother says, tell us what you really think???

mulvihill

Juniors
No what I am saying is that Leichhardt deserves more games than Campbelltown if crowds like sunday's become the norm. The Telstra deal has 1 more year to run and then it's all up for grabs again. 14,000 was a poor crowd given the nature of the game. Crikey we got almost 20 for a game against Melbourne who are the poorest drawing team in the NRL. Surely the fans that attend have to be rewarded as opposed to those that can't be bothered ???

Vicious

Bench
mulvihill said:
No what I am saying is that Leichhardt deserves more games than Campbelltown if crowds like sunday's become the norm. The Telstra deal has 1 more year to run and then it's all up for grabs again. 14,000 was a poor crowd given the nature of the game. Crikey we got almost 20 for a game against Melbourne who are the poorest drawing team in the NRL. Surely the fans that attend have to be rewarded as opposed to those that can't be bothered ???

They`ll extend the Telstra deal, don`t worry about that. Leichardt is no good to us for the big games in which we draw 25,000 people plus.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
mulvihill said:
Balmain. And as far as I am aware Balmain are/were the tigers and as of today are a 50% stakeholder in Wests Tigers. Please advise what percentage shareholding the Penrith Panthers have in the joint venture. Thanks in advance.

They are 50% - but still changing stripes in context of clubs you support, you still see some supporters only attend Balmain/Magpies games and then leave when the Wests Tigers play because they support Balmain/Magpies still and not a newly formed identity in the Wests Tigers.

Regardless of that Suzie is not a Panthers supporter and hasn't been for a few years, she is entitled to support who ever she wants to, your not in charge of the Wests Tigers nor are you the police of the Wests Tigers supporters.

Suzie supported the club before we became a success and as such isn't a bandwagon supporter and has as much right to talk about the Wests Tigers as you do - the difference she does it in a controlled manner and can read and learn from mistakes, something you apperantly cannot do!

mulvihill

Juniors
She has no right. She is a panther supporter. Did she see us lose a grand final in 89. Did she us lose 50% of our club. Did she see us go from 12 games at Leichhardt to 3. How many games does she go to. She is as tigers as penrith park. The fact someone of such little tigers cred is allowed to moderate an official forum is pathetic

mccann

Juniors
At the end of the day it all comes down to money. As a business if you are not making a profit you have to restructure.

Tell me all you campbelltown oval supporters out there. Last Sunday did we make a profit. Take into consideration we had to hire the big screen, the lights had to be turned on and all the ground staff that was there. by far that day was a huge loss. Over 3 games the business can handle this if we are getting great crowds at Telstra and Leichhardt, but if you put more games out at Campbelltown and less at Leichhardt and you only average 14000, then as a business you may as well fold up.

As for the official WT forum, if you have barred me for making a constuctive critisium of how the team played on Sunday, then as a nazi dictatorship I like being barred and speaking my mind

Vicious

Bench
mccann said:
At the end of the day it all comes down to money. As a business if you are not making a profit you have to restructure.

Tell me all you campbelltown oval supporters out there. Last Sunday did we make a profit. Take into consideration we had to hire the big screen, the lights had to be turned on and all the ground staff that was there. by far that day was a huge loss. Over 3 games the business can handle this if we are getting great crowds at Telstra and Leichhardt, but if you put more games out at Campbelltown and less at Leichhardt and you only average 14000, then as a business you may as well fold up.

As for the official WT forum, if you have barred me for making a constuctive critisium of how the team played on Sunday, then as a nazi dictatorship I like being barred and speaking my mind

If you don`t play games at Campbelltown then the talented juniors from the Campbelltown/Macarthur region will not play for the Wests Tigers. If the Wests Tigers didn`t have the Campbelltown/Macarthur junior base they would be running last, would be a worse side than Souths and therefore no one would turn up to watch them, even at Leichardt. Can you dig this sucker???? I`m not talking in Japanese, it`s also not rocket science. Do you understand that the Wests Tigers would run last each and every season and therefore fold if it wasn`t for the influence of the Campbelltown/Macarthur region???

If you wan`t to have a side to follow in the NRL, do yourself a favour and get out to watch the Wests Tigers games at Campbelltown!!!

Estoboy

Juniors
mulvihill said:
She has no right. She is a panther supporter. Did she see us lose a grand final in 89. Did she us lose 50% of our club. Did she see us go from 12 games at Leichhardt to 3. How many games does she go to. She is as tigers as penrith park. The fact someone of such little tigers cred is allowed to moderate an official forum is pathetic
I like u. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.

mulvihill

Juniors
Of last yr's grand final side correct me if I'm wrong but only Skando, Hodgo and Gibbs were from Macarthur. Fulton played junior reps for Wests but is a Parra jnr. Balmain provided Farah, Halatau, Buckets and Bronson and it was Balmain's association with Keebra Pk that got Benji down so that juniors argument as if wests provide 90% is an urban myth at best isn't it ???

mulvihill

Juniors
Estoboy I will say what needs saying.

I find it appalling that someone who is as much a tiger as greg alexander is in a position of authority on an official website.

Vicious

Bench
mulvihill said:
Of last yr's grand final side correct me if I'm wrong but only Skando, Hodgo and Gibbs were from Macarthur. Fulton played junior reps for Wests but is a Parra jnr. Balmain provided Farah, Halatau, Buckets and Bronson and it was Balmain's association with Keebra Pk that got Benji down so that juniors argument as if wests provide 90% is an urban myth at best isn't it ???

Buckets contributed about as much as what Fitzy does, Halatau like Fulton was a Parramatta reject and Farah was infact a Bulldogs junior only braught to the Balmain comp by his coach that switched to Wanderers.
The Keebra Park agreement is on it`s way out and since last season Dean Collis, Shannon McDonnell, Stuart Flanagan (via Cooma), Isaac De Gois and Rocky Trimarchi have all either cemented their spot in the top side or made their debut for the Wests Tigers coming from the Campbelltown/Macarthur region. That`s just the tip of the iceberg, there`s plenty more on the way. You can`t be stupid enough not to believe that the Campbelltown/Macarthur region is the future if the Wests Tigers want to continue being successfull ???

mccann

Juniors
Vicious said:
If you don`t play games at Campbelltown then the talented juniors from the Campbelltown/Macarthur region will not play for the Wests Tigers. If the Wests Tigers didn`t have the Campbelltown/Macarthur junior base they would be running last, would be a worse side than Souths and therefore no one would turn up to watch them, even at Leichardt. Can you dig this sucker???? I`m not talking in Japanese, it`s also not rocket science. Do you understand that the Wests Tigers would run last each and every season and therefore fold if it wasn`t for the influence of the Campbelltown/Macarthur region???

If you wan`t to have a side to follow in the NRL, do yourself a favour and get out to watch the Wests Tigers games at Campbelltown!!!

Just to let you know vicious, I go to Campbelltown Oval. I was there last Sunday and I have been there on Saturday nights in the freezing cold when only 4000 people have turned up.

I agree with you that you need juniors, but what good are juniors if you don't have a team because your supporters could not be bothered to turn up to a game.

Ninja

Juniors
mulvihill stop your whinging. You are forgetting it was Mothers Day, dipsh*t.

We would have got a sh*tty crowd at LO too. Check every other teams crowds that day. For f##ks sake everyone was having lunch with their mothers or if you were unfortunate like me having lunch with your future mother-in-law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts