What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campbelltown Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious

Bench
mccann said:
Just to let you know vicious, I go to Campbelltown Oval. I was there last Sunday and I have been there on Saturday nights in the freezing cold when only 4000 people have turned up.

I agree with you that you need juniors, but what good are juniors if you don't have a team because your supporters could not be bothered to turn up to a game.

It`s a double edged sword, but i`d happily take a 15,000 average crowd and have plenty of quality juniors coming through, rather than a 20,000 average crowd but no juniors of any ability, wouldn`t you???

mulvihill

Juniors
I was no O'neill fan either (in terms of him being in that side) but on balance each side of the JV had equal representation. The keebra park thing is nowhere near ending. Hodgson had also previously left wests. My point is if/when more games are available at the end of the telstra deal then if the people of macarthur don't want to attend games then games should be awarded to those fans that do turn out, no ??

Vicious

Bench
mulvihill said:
I was no O'neill fan either (in terms of him being in that side) but on balance each side of the JV had equal representation. The keebra park thing is nowhere near ending. Hodgson had also previously left wests. My point is if/when more games are available at the end of the telstra deal then if the people of macarthur don't want to attend games then games should be awarded to those fans that do turn out, no ??

I agree that the mothers day excuse isn`t real acceptable, but as long as it`s a joint venture the home games have to be split 50/50. The Balmain fans are just as much to blame as the Magpie fans, it takes about 40mins to get to Campbelltown from Leichardt, what`s the problem??? If anyone claims to be a Wests Tigers supporter, but only watches them at one venue, then they are kidding themselves.

mulvihill

Juniors
But if it takes us 40 mins and it takes campbelltown people 5 why aren't they going ? I was there and it takes more than 40mins to get back with the sun arvo traffic let me assure you. We are striving to be the first Sydney club since 86 to have a 20,000 average. Won't happen if we struggle to get 15,000 on a sunday arvo for a big game against newcastle

mccann

Juniors
Vicious said:
It`s a double edged sword, but i`d happily take a 15,000 average crowd and have plenty of quality juniors coming through, rather than a 20,000 average crowd but no juniors of any ability, wouldn`t you???

For a region with no junior ability just look at Premier League, Balmain 6th on the table with 12 points and Wests last on 2 points.

Then we might look at Jersey Flegg. Balmain 4th on 15 points while Wests are 10th on 8 points.

Going on what you say we should play at Leichhardt as there is an average crowd of 20000 and the Balmain juniors are being successful to flow through to the West Tigers.

Ninja

Juniors
mulvihill said:
mother's day excuse is rubbish.

Were the 14000 there all orphans ???

No just slack arses who dont give a toss about their families!!!

Seriously it did make a difference, I know a lot of people who didnt attend due to family commitments. As I said check other teams crowd figures

Estoboy

Juniors
mulvihill said:
Estoboy I will say what needs saying.

I find it appalling that someone who is as much a tiger as greg alexander is in a position of authority on an official website.

Well we all have our opinions. Trouble is she's over there and you're stuck here. 60 posts in a matter of hours :lol:
I post on both forums and its sad to see your filth spread to this one too

Keep hiding behind the "Leichhardt Oval is the only ground that we should play at" banner too... i'm loving it

Vicious

Bench
mccann said:
For a region with no junior ability just look at Premier League, Balmain 6th on the table with 12 points and Wests last on 2 points.

Then we might look at Jersey Flegg. Balmain 4th on 15 points while Wests are 10th on 8 points.

Going on what you say we should play at Leichhardt as there is an average crowd of 20000 and the Balmain juniors are being successful to flow through to the West Tigers.

The Premier League has a Magpie coach and it`s 2 best players are the 2 they pinched off the Magpies. See how they go this weekend without them ??? The majority of the other players were recruited by the former Magpie and Campbelltown region resident recruitment manager in Warren McDonnell. Balmain have no juniors and they don`t look after the few decent ones that come through anyhow. You might as well just say that BRET is the Magpies "A" and Western Suburbs is the Magpies "B".

Estoboy

Juniors
Tell me, what have the WTF done that makes them deserve to be called "geniuss"
Then tell me what you have done that proves that you are anywhere above them.

innsaneink

Referee
mulvihill said:
She's over there with the geniuss that make up the WTF. It is dead set like a Sunnyhurst excursion and they are an embarassment. I never said all games should be played at Leichhardt at all. I said games should be distributed to those fans that show a willingness to support theeir side

And who is that?

Those that go to leichhardt but obviously dont go to Cambo?

Yeah...wonderful support that is .

mulvihill

Juniors
Dear dear ink. How can you blame a poor turnout in macarthur on balmain/leichhardt fans. People from your district did not attend. Sit on the M5 after any game down there and it's car after car of tigers fans heading back to sydney. Why is it such a sensitive topic on your official site ??

Ninja

Juniors
Estoboy said:
Well we all have our opinions. Trouble is she's over there and you're stuck here. 60 posts in a matter of hours :lol:
I post on both forums and its sad to see your filth spread to this one too

Keep hiding behind the "Leichhardt Oval is the only ground that we should play at" banner too... i'm loving it

I post on both forums too but I think I like this one better because you can say what you want.
But one thing Ive noticed in the 10 minutes since Ive joined is mulvihill seems like an absolute f**khead.
Why would you support only 50% of a team?Why bother? Yeah I too wasnt happy to merge but hey it was 7 years ago and weve won a comp . Get the f**k over it.

innsaneink

Referee
mulvihill said:
Dear dear ink. How can you blame a poor turnout in macarthur on balmain/leichhardt fans. People from your district did not attend. Sit on the M5 after any game down there and it's car after car of tigers fans heading back to sydney. Why is it such a sensitive topic on your official site ??

They go to Leichhardt but not Cambo....18k V Melb, 20k + V Manly....where are they when a game is on at Cambo?

Thats right, "supporting" their team at BLC , the pubs in Darling st or their lounge room.

Some support.

Tiger_Elle

Juniors
The crowds at Campbelltown have been appalling this year. If Leichhardt can draw 17 thou against Melbourne yet Campbelltown can't make 15 thou against Newcastle, then that says something.

It is to soon to state that games should start being moved from Campbelltown, because of two poor crowds especially considering the fact that Leichhardt has had some dreadful crowds in the past.

That being said seeing the Tigers last game at Campbo is against the raiders, the season average there will be well below 15000, which is bad. Were this trend to continue next year, and Leichhardt's to stay better, it might be worth considering having some more games at Leichhardt, which would be in the financial interest of the club.

mulvihill

Juniors
I have no drama with a 50/50 split. But the people have to attend the games at CS. Otherwise the club is continually costing itself $$$ if it plays games at venues where there are smaller average crowds. It's got nothing to do with the merge. It's to do with supporting the club. Why didn't the people of campbelltown turn up in bigger numbers on the weekend ?

Ninja

Juniors
Tiger_Elle said:
The crowds at Campbelltown have been appalling this year. If Leichhardt can draw 17 thou against Melbourne yet Campbelltown can't make 15 thou against Newcastle, then that says something.

It is to soon to state that games should start being moved from Campbelltown, because of two poor crowds especially considering the fact that Leichhardt has had some dreadful crowds in the past.

That being said seeing the Tigers last game at Campbo is against the raiders, the season average there will be well below 15000, which is bad. Were this trend to continue next year, and Leichhardt's to stay better, it might be worth considering having some more games at Leichhardt, which would be in the financial interest of the club.

Telstra gets the most so lets move to Telstra :roll:

mulvihill

Juniors
Ink you're a clown. Only you could blame balmain people for a poor turnout of tigers fans in campbelltown. Do you also blame the balmain fans for the poor crowds the western reds had in 1996.

mccann

Juniors
Vicious said:
The Premier League has a Magpie coach and it`s 2 best players are the 2 they pinched off the Magpies. See how they go this weekend without them ??? The majority of the other players were recruited by the former Magpie and Campbelltown region resident recruitment manager in Warren McDonnell. Balmain have no juniors and they don`t look after the few decent ones that come through anyhow. You might as well just say that BRET is the Magpies "A" and Western Suburbs is the Magpies "B".

Back on there's no Balmain juniors. Even if they pinched 2 players from Wests, according to you there is such a large junior pool in the Campbelltown region that this should not matter. But facts are facts that Wests are still running last.

Vicious

Bench
mulvihill said:
I have no drama with a 50/50 split. But the people have to attend the games at CS. Otherwise the club is continually costing itself $$$ if it plays games at venues where there are smaller average crowds. It's got nothing to do with the merge. It's to do with supporting the club. Why didn't the people of campbelltown turn up in bigger numbers on the weekend ?

Why didn`t Wendell Sailor stay off the coke for another 3 weeks ???

Status
Not open for further replies.