What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Australia chase down India?

• Yes

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

DeeGan

Bench

Yes or no?

To do so would be to surpass Sir Donald Bradman's Invincibles side and give us a World Record 17 straight wins.

In my opinion, I think we will chase down the needed runs and I see Ponting making his mark on the series here.

Thoughts?

griffo346

First Grade
Moffo ur a joke

we dont have enough batsmen in form :lol: you are the dopeyist person on this forum

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I voted yes.

I think its Punter's turn to step up, he cant keep getting low scores imo,

stumped

Juniors
I love the 10 who voted yes to date, nothing like a true Aussie in the trenches when things start looking glim

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
agreed, Ponting and Hussey both need to churn out at least 120's each.

Clarke, Gilchrist and Symonds and will also need to get 50's

It's a f**king big ask

ozbash

Referee
not a snowballs chance in hell.

that mongrel ponting will probably play out for a draw...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No chance of a draw oz.

Australia doesn't have any batsmen capable of restraining themselves long enough to hold out for a draw from here.

ozbash said:

is this serious? if they bat until lunch tomorrow they'll win let alone save for a bloody draw

i vote no but i wouldn't be surprised if they did

Rocky_Da_Rooster said:
Extremely unlikely given the fact that aussies can't play the swinging ball and kumble is turning them square.

Kumble turning them square? are you serious?

i havent watched all of his bowling this match but kumble is lucky to turn them 2 inches on a spin friendly wicket , let alone the waca.

ozbash said:
not a snowballs chance in hell.

a draw?!

if Australia could bat till then end of play on the 5th day they would have something in the order of 750 runs.

_goParra

Juniors
No matter who wins this, they deserve it. This has been one hell of a test match, and there still are two days to go.

herbert henry1908 said:
Kumble turning them square? are you serious?

i havent watched all of his bowling this match but kumble is lucky to turn them 2 inches on a spin friendly wicket , let alone the waca.

My point is kumble is a main danger. He will probably take 4 or more wickets. He definitely puts alot of fizz/ kick on his deliveries than clarke and that's dangerous on the this wicket.

Rocky_Da_Rooster said:
My point is kumble is a main danger. He will probably take 4 or more wickets. He definitely puts alot of fizz/ kick on his deliveries than clarke and that's dangerous on the this wicket.

fair enough.

but kumble is really more of a top spinner than a leg spinner , he never really turns them at all. I just though it was worth clearing up.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Aust 4/414 just before stumps tonight

we scored about that on the 4th day in sydney, a harder wicket to score runs from

in the bag

2 new records on their way

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
I just dropped 50 down at 2.75 for Aus win. I think if these 2 take the score to 200 they are in with a good shot.