What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury Bulldogs star Ben Roberts charged

ByRd

First Grade
The thread title needs to be changed ffsss

and on roberts, stupid of him to go back to the club, should of just stayed away

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Agree with the second line... returning there = STUPID.

Thread title has been changed now from what I can see.

philstorm

Juniors
It's unfortunate that he plays for the Bulldogs.

If he played for the Eels, he'd pretend to join a rehab clinic for a week and then would be right back training with the main squad within a few days.

[furrycat]

Coach
legend said:
Pfft! The Dogs have shown time and again it's the inmates who run the asylum. Roberts will get to name his punishment and have someone else serve it for him.

Just because you sponsor a part of the club does not mean you can lay the boot in without any evidence or knowledge of the incident.

Use your brain (for once) and wait until things are clearer...

[furrycat]

Coach
legend said:
I'd like to hear his side of the story but the part where he sought medical treatment and then returned to the nightclub shows he's an idiot IMO.

I'm sure the Dogs will take a firm hand and place him the Premier League squad for a week.

Protcol says he should have gone home eh?

From the limited information in the article, i wont pass judgement on Roberts prematurely.

The story so far is interesting in one area though and I cant help but pose this question.

How does a person who has consumed alcohol, been king hit, knocked to the ground, bashed by a group of offenders, kicked until unconscious, be presented to a hospital for treatment and he be released without overnight observation ?? I find this aspect unusual.

Even a heavy knock on the field requires the club doc to re-consider approval for that player to return to the field.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Theyre Canterbury - everyone calls them that. Just like how people still call the Roosters Easts. Its simply another name for them.

rabbs said:
Booking himself out of hospital is one answer.

True. It would be interesting to know if the doctor decided on overnight observation and was maybe knocked back by Roberts. Maybe Roberts wasnt concussed or injured ?

NthKnight

mean_maori_mean said:
The thread needs to be re-named.

what I get from the investigation - He wasnt charged for king hit - he had been king hit earlier in the night - police wanted to investigate and clearly roberts didnt want it go any further.

I dont blame him - alot more players get assaulted than papers find out about but most choose not to prosecute or go any further because no matter what they become a culprit and get branded.

Also occuring in Wollongong - we all know that there is most likely a racist element.

Even ask some of the kiwi's who play for or play against the dragons are wary of going out in wollongong

Explain this last comment.

I grew up in Wollongong and aside from having one of the smallest kiwi populations in NSW there has been no evidence in my eyes of racism towards maoris or pacific islanders.

Latest posts