What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury Bulldogs star Ben Roberts charged

Timmah said:
If he's guilty of any crime, throw the book at him. He's a repeat offender and should be shown the door. Having said that, it appears he was king hit... what a misleading headline.

And for the record, we aren't "Canterbury", we haven't been for NINE years.

You's will always be Canterbury.

I like most others dont bother keeping up as to wether u's are the mitsubishi or sydney or blah blah blah whatever bulldogs.

Danish

Referee
I am eagerly awaiting all the Souths fans who are surely going to come in to bat for Ben Roberts....

Well, not the thread starter, but his hypocritical nature was never in doubt :lol:

STSAE

Juniors
Danish said:
I am eagerly awaiting all the Souths fans who are surely going to come in to bat for Ben Roberts....

Well, not the thread starter, but his hypocritical nature was never in doubt :lol:

ROFLOL.

Thats Gold.

:lol: :lol:

Sonic Star

Juniors
Danish said:

The guy was bashed by a group of people as the story says. But him going back to the nightclub and resisting arrest is just stupid.

Where are all the Roosters fans asking him to be kicked out etc :sarcasm:
Looks like you want another Roosters v Souths thread again. Lame.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Dogaholic said:
Eels are clearly the most likely this year lol

1. Benji Marshall (tigers) - Slapped at a pub

2. Mark Ridell (eels) - Glassed at a pub

3. Tim Smith (eels) - Drunk and Dissorderly x2

4. David Faiumu (cowboys) - Charged with Assault

5. Johnathan Thurston (cowboys) - Charged with Public Drunkiness

6. Ben Roberts (Bulldogs) - resisting arrest and assault

please note: first 3 had nothing to do with the police.... didnt break the law or anything!
yet they are top 3? haha

sooperdooper

First Grade
philstorm said:
It's unfortunate that he plays for the Bulldogs.

If he played for the Eels, he'd pretend to join a rehab clinic for a week and then would be right back training with the main squad within a few days.

pretend to join? Tim smith paid his own way into that clinic and has been seeking help...
Tim owned up to his problem, Ben Roberts just gets criminal charges instead huh....

Dogaholic

First Grade
sooperdooper said:
please note: first 3 had nothing to do with the police.... didnt break the law or anything!
yet they are top 3? haha

There was no rating system involved. BTW...

3. Tim Smith (eels) - Drunk and Dissorderly

4. Tim Smith (eels) - Drunk and Dissorderly

5. David Faiumu (cowboys) - Charged with Assault

6. Johnathan Thurston (cowboys) - Charged with Public Drunkiness

7. David Fa'alogou (Souths) - Assault

8. Ben Roberts (Bulldogs) - resisting arrest and assault

El Diablo

Post Whore

please explain why you class these two as law breakers?

i suppose you think Carey is the innocent one and his GF is the criminal because she was the one glassed :lol:

and don't say you didn't say they weren't breaking the law as you first put them in your reply when this was asked

Baron Vo Mandor said:
Sorry but didnt Timmah bag me for claiming that bulldogs players were by far the most likely too break a law and end up in the headlines?

El Diablo

Post Whore
and Tim Smith has never been charged with being drunk and disorderly once let alone twice

Dogaholic

First Grade
El Diablo said:
please explain why you class these two as law breakers?

i suppose you think Carey is the innocent one and his GF is the criminal because she was the one glassed :lol:

and don't say you didn't say they weren't breaking the law as you first put them in your reply when this was asked

I don't consider those 2 as law breakers. This is just a cut n paste job of RL incidents in thus far 08

El Diablo

Post Whore
Dogaholic said:
I don't consider those 2 as law breakers. This is just a cut n paste job of RL incidents in thus far 08

you don't :?

well why mention them in your answer to a question about players breaking the law?

Sonic Star

Juniors
On 10 news they said Roberts had a runnin with Bouncers and was the only player missing today when they annouced Ryan has resigned.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
It will be interesting to see if we get 25 pages of unmitigated outrage with this thread like we got with Fa'alogo yesterday...

8 hours later and this thread did not live up to my lofty expectations. I wonder why? :sarcasm:

innsaneink

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
8 hours later and this thread did not live up to my lofty expectations. I wonder why? :sarcasm:

Souths lied

Bulldogs didnt.

Wow....look at that.....how times have changed.

God-King Dean

Immortal
mean_maori_mean said:
The thread needs to be re-named.

what I get from the investigation - He wasnt charged for king hit - he had been king hit earlier in the night - police wanted to investigate and clearly roberts didnt want it go any further.

I dont blame him - alot more players get assaulted than papers find out about but most choose not to prosecute or go any further because no matter what they become a culprit and get branded.

Also occuring in Wollongong - we all know that there is most likely a racist element.

Even ask some of the kiwi's who play for or play against the dragons are wary of going out in wollongong.

Is it just me or do you only pop up when it has something to do with race ?

Victim mentality.

Sonic Star

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Souths lied

Bulldogs didnt.

Wow....look at that.....how times have changed.

Bulldogs didnt mention anything about it.
Roberts assualted police and resisted arrest and got charged by police.

Packy

Bench
There is a very real chance that he was concussed. If you have ever had concussion then you would know it doesn't exactly leave you in the best state to be making decisions about anything. Especially when you are told not to go directly to sleep.

There is also a very large chance that the dude is just a tool.

Latest posts