What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Juniors
Really? Where?
Definitely not in the 3000+ posts about the CC Bears bid. :sarcasm:

You can argue the bid's merits, which it absolutely has, but you can't hide its weaknesses, which it also definitely has! Instead it seems that rubbishing the other bids, especially the scary prospect of a viable Brisbane bid, is what goes.

I didn't care either way until I started reading these threads and the absolute rubbish coughed out by some of the CC bid supporters, and although my vote counts for very little, WA Reds and Brisbane II get my nod.

So all the constant trolling, personal abuse etc from anti-Bear supporters is fine by you? I find it completely unacceptable tbh.

Garts

Bench
The location issue is a red herring - David Gallop has said the NRL has no preferred bid location. On that basis the volunteers have been pushing memberships. I don't think R&B Bear or a late-comer to this site like me have been over-sensitive at all considering R&B Bear in particular has had to say it so many times. In fact, if opponents on the Bears bid want to get distracted on an non-issue, it works to the Bears advantage.

Actually yourself and R&B have not really got uptight about the comments. However many others have.

As for Gallop saying the NRL have no preferred bid location. Well, I personally would not take that as gospel. To be honest he is hardly going to say don't bother as we want x and x team. IMO they probably would have a preference, they just are not saying. Are CC a preferred location or not, I don't pretend to know.

Beowulf

Juniors
There is HUGE doubt about this.... where do you get off stating it as fact?

Ummm....I said 'at present' as a peace-offering! I thought Tinkler's millions would have eased your worries anyway re the Central Coast's impact on Newcastle?

The NRL have said the most advanced bid will get the nod. The Bears have the most advanced bid. Therefore 'at present' they have the best model, maybe because the Bears had the tenacity and vision to start at this years ago.

Maybe 2 other bids will trump them in 3 months with 15,000 financial members and 150 sponsors with $40m in the bank and $10 million for training facilities....or TV execs might say we'll give you $1billion but we don't want the Bears in the TV deal.

Only time will tell. If that happens, the Bears can at least say they tried their best.

Beowulf

Juniors
Actually yourself and R&B have not really got uptight about the comments. However many others have.

As for Gallop saying the NRL have no preferred bid location. Well, I personally would not take that as gospel. To be honest he is hardly going to say don't bother as we want x and x team. IMO they probably would have a preference, they just are not saying. Are CC a preferred location or not, I don't pretend to know.

Fair call - time will tell!

Beowulf

Juniors
Yes.... in 1967.

What is conveniently ignored by the CC cheer squad when pointing the finger at Newcastle is that the Knights paid for late 80s/early 90s upgrades out of their own pockets (while also paying all upkeep for the ground), and then had to wait until the stand was literally about to be condemned before getting anything close to a completed stadium... not to mention the state govt literally trying to bankrupt the club because of a minister's personal agenda.

Meanwhile, thanks to pork barrelling, the CC gets a stadium fully paid for before it has a team, before it is even able to support a team, arguably before it even has an identity as an area at all....

....and now an NRL team that doesn't exist gets a taxpayer funded "centre for excellence" while Brooky rots, Campbelltown is barely good enough for Group 20 matches, Leichhardt is a glorified goat track, Kogarah is still pathetically small.....

Just admit it, you are a huge benefactor of disgusting pork barrelling. The CC has been in many areas for a long, long time.

All true, but of course your team is still in the comp with assistance. The Bears helped build a stadium at Gosford and despite promises of support from the games administrators, they were shafted. Also the State Govt pulled Abi Group off the stadium to work on Olympic projects - so we got reamed by everyone!

Maybe its the Bears turn for some luck - I don't think anyone can begrudge them that.

BDGS

Bench
Yes.... in 1967.

What is conveniently ignored by the CC cheer squad when pointing the finger at Newcastle is that the Knights paid for late 80s/early 90s upgrades out of their own pockets (while also paying all upkeep for the ground), and then had to wait until the stand was literally about to be condemned before getting anything close to a completed stadium... not to mention the state govt literally trying to bankrupt the club because of a minister's personal agenda.

Meanwhile, thanks to pork barrelling, the CC gets a stadium fully paid for before it has a team, before it is even able to support a team, arguably before it even has an identity as an area at all....

....and now an NRL team that doesn't exist gets a taxpayer funded "centre for excellence" while Brooky rots, Campbelltown is barely good enough for Group 20 matches, Leichhardt is a glorified goat track, Kogarah is still pathetically small.....

Just admit it, you are a huge benefactor of disgusting pork barrelling. The CC has been in many areas for a long, long time.

Sounds like you are sooking about the government, take it up with them and don't cry foul to the Central Coast Bears just because they have worked out better deals with the government that Newcastle couldn't for whatever reasons. The reasons simply don't matter, holding a grudge against a potential side because the government treated your team poorly is poor form in itself.

Scarves

Juniors
The Bears had a better bid last time when pitted against the Gold Coast. Why was the Goldie picked over the Central Coast? Nothing has changed, the Bears still have the best bid, actually, this time it has more community support and looks even stronger.

I still have a gut feeling that the NRL won't expand into a new NSW club in another NSW area unless a current club dies or relocates out of NSW.

The Central Coast needs a team in the NRL, it is crying out for it and is choc full of NRL fans who currently adore the game. Does the NRL feel the need for the Central Coast? It's almost like that AFL expansion program where Tasmania get's overlooked everytime expansion for their game is on the agenda.

AuDragon

Juniors
So all the constant trolling, personal abuse etc from anti-Bear supporters is fine by you? I find it completely unacceptable tbh.
No trolling is acceptable, but I dislike even more people who under a cloak of seriousness, keep repeating lies in the hope they somehow become a truth. Goebbels couldn't have done better!

FTR, I am not accusing you or R&B B.

adamkungl

Immortal
The petty repetitive arguing in the expansion threads is getting tiresome...NRL give us something new to discuss :lol: How long til this sh*t gets interesting

BDGS

Bench
The Bears had a better bid last time when pitted against the Gold Coast. Why was the Goldie picked over the Central Coast? Nothing has changed, the Bears still have the best bid, actually, this time it has more community support and looks even stronger.

I still have a gut feeling that the NRL won't expand into a new NSW club in another NSW area unless a current club dies or relocates out of NSW.

The Central Coast needs a team in the NRL, it is crying out for it and is choc full of NRL fans who currently adore the game. Does the NRL feel the need for the Central Coast? It's almost like that AFL expansion program where Tasmania get's overlooked everytime expansion for their game is on the agenda.

The Central Coast didn't have the best NRL bid back in the last expansion window, the Gold Coast Bid was far superior in the end and were rightfully awarded a spot in the NRL above the Central Coast Bears. Now though, the Central Coast Bears bid is the best bid to ever been handed to an sporting organisation in this countries history.

BDGS

Bench
The petty repetitive arguing in the expansion threads is getting tiresome...NRL give us something new to discuss :lol: How long til this sh*t gets interesting

Probably the same length of time before the Roosters lose another grand final, so by the end of this year? maybe next year?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Probably the same length of time before the Roosters lose another grand final, so by the end of this year? maybe next year?

Righto you two. Cut the petty taunts and sort it out like men.

How does wooden spoons at dawn sound?

BDGS

Bench
now whose being arrogant?

How is that arrogant?

It is the most advanced bid of any sporting bid seen in this country, imo because it is the mots advanced bid with the least amount of risk about it failing it is the best bid ever seen before in this country. Even the Brisbane 2 boys don't argue that they have a more advanced bid compared to the Central Coast bid. They argue their bid is a better bid for TV viewer-ship reasons, clubs:population ratio, city rivalries (north and south of the river) and the opportunity to play a game at Suncorp once a week.

I agree with all these points, however i feel the current bid is going about it wrong and being arrogant from within the bid. It would be arrogant if i said my NRL bid was the best bid but the Central Coast Bears bid is not my bid, its not even a team i would support.

Ipswich and Central Queensland are all but gone, 2nd NZ hasn't got a bid and the WA Reds will get in on junior development, sponsors (not so important) and what the bid brings to the NRL TV deal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
you suggested that it is the best bid of any sports club in any code of alltime. I think that would be stretching it! Yes it is the most developed bid for an NRL spot for 2013, however "best" is a subjective term as we don't know exactly the assessment criteria that will be usd by the NRL to judge the bids. If TV value is the #1 criteria then imo the Bears would not have the "best" bid, if growing the game into new areas is the critical criteria etc etc.

BDGS

Bench
you suggested that it is the best bid of any sports club in any code of alltime. I think that would be stretching it! Yes it is the most developed bid for an NRL spot for 2013, however "best" is a subjective term as we don't know exactly the assessment criteria that will be usd by the NRL to judge the bids. If TV value is the #1 criteria then imo the Bears would not have the "best" bid, if growing the game into new areas is the critical criteria etc etc.

bolded part - no i didn't, i said best ever sports bid in Australian sport.

Rest of post - Everything i post, unless stated otherwise, is nothing but my opinion. As i already stated why imo this bid is the best ever sports bid in Australian sports history. The next bloke can say that in their opinion the Central Coast Bears is the worse bid ever in where ever and that would would mean no more and no less of me stating my opinion.

Back on topic...

The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are @

KINCUMBER GYM OPEN DAY
DATE: Saturday 5th March, 9:00am - 2pm

ERINA FAIR MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
DATE: Saturday 5th March, 9:00am - 2:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts