What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
i was referring to the bears drive at the 'big bear shopping centre'.

bear - bear - fitting.

bear - bear - fitting.

North Sydney originally got it's Bears brand from original incarnation of Big Bear Supermarket at Neutral Bay in 1958. Obviously this isn't the original store but it's named after the original supermarket. It's a great nod to history.

Talons

Juniors
North Sydney originally got it's Bears brand from original incarnation of Big Bear Supermarket at Neutral Bay in 1958. Obviously this isn't the original store but it's named after the original supermarket. It's a great nod to history.

From memory it was at, or beside the old North Sydney bus depot.
I can still remember going past it in the car when I was a young bloke.

Great work from all the fans who turned up at the Footy Show last night in their Central Coast Bears gear. Give yourselves a pat on a back, great stuff.

bluetongue_main_left.jpg

RedVee

First Grade

bear - bear - fitting.

I was referring to the same thing as described below by Red&BlackBear. It is how North Sydney became the Bears.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench

ahh yes, not being a bears fan i wouldn't know that.

BDGS

Bench
I was referring to the same thing as described below by Red&BlackBear. It is how North Sydney became the Bears.

yeah i know, it was in my head somewhere as soon as RBB said it i let out of big "OHHHH thats right" lol.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
ahh yes, not being a bears fan i wouldn't know that.

Not many people are familiar with details of rugby league history.

For example, Manly were named the Sea Eagles in 1947 because they needed to find a creature that represented scavenging, fraud, dishonesty, scum in one embodiment. That aside, "Rats with Wings" wasn't available.

RedVee

First Grade

For example, Manly were named the Sea Eagles in 1947 because they needed to find a creature that represented scavenging, fraud, dishonesty, scum in one embodiment. That aside, "Rats with Wings" wasn't available.

hahaha, but I think they actually did start off as seagulls.

I would rather be named after a Majestic Bird of prey, rather than a shopping centre

bobmar28

Bench

There used to be a great hot dog kiosk at the front of the Big Bear Shopping centre. Toasted buttered bun with frankfurt and smothered in ketchup and mustard. I used to get one at about midnight on the way home from afternoon shift.

Whats the difference between SPAM and what you do on LU R&BB?

What I do is actually relevant to the topic at hand? That being the Central Coast Bears...

While spaming is just talking jive turkey about jack all with no relevance to anything.. like some other threads around here.

The 18th Man

Juniors
No need to get on the defensive, just a question. I am a Bears fan and love the updates, just a QUESTION with an element of tongue in cheek. Lighten up, it's Saturday morning ;-)

blukablu

Juniors
What I do is actually relevant to the topic at hand? That being the Central Coast Bears...

While spaming is just talking jive turkey about jack all with no relevance to anything.. like some other threads around here.

Maybe you should move this thread to the 'NSWRL Competitions' section because the Bear's aren't relevant to the NRL now and still won't be in 2013.

Maybe you should move this thread to the 'NSWRL Competitions' section because the Bear's aren't relevant to the NRL now and still won't be in 2013.

Is there a Central Coast Bears team in the NSWRL Cup?

Are you saying there isn't a Central Coast Bears NRL bid around? Key word NRL (the same forum section that this thread was posted in).

Maybe you shouldn't speak on topics you haven't got a clue about?

Your attempts at bagging the bid is pathetic. Go back to your threads of maybes and what if's. I'll be more than happy to stay in here and post actual information and facts. To post on active initiatives, events and news. To physically show the amount of support both financially and community based (members & fans), thank you very much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts