What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Hey loser.
The Bears have had to fight against fraud, nepotism, incompetence and stupidity for over 11 years to regain what was originally promised.

Opinions from spineless softcocks like you have zero effect.
presumably you are scum from Manly, News Limited, Superleague.

Lol still blaming others for North’s miss-management... Really build a bridge...

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Lol still blaming others for North’s miss-management... Really build a bridge...

Seriously - Manly passed the criteria in 1999 - estabishing that you had money, good ground, juniors etc.

But - instead of using of all this and staying at Brookvale, you entered a merger and relocated to Gosford?

What part of this doesn't make you think "gee, why did we do this?".

NOTE: And please don't say it's because Manly are such nice guys that they wanted to help the Bears out.

eaglefan64

Juniors
Hey loser.
The Bears have had to fight against fraud, nepotism, incompetence and stupidity for over 11 years to regain what was originally promised.

u continue to be a wanker that we all hate......BuffaloRules has an opinion and you speak to him like crap

YOUR OPINIONS MEANS NOTHING LOSER.........the NRL saw fit to kick u out all those years ago(thank god they did because you were a rabble for almost 100 years)

why don't u go lie under a rock with your friends and just go away scum

Goddo

Bench
Go easy on poor old Ronnie. I wonder how his plans for a new rebel super league are going. Must be tough times on that front with the talk of $1-1.4B TV deal.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Hey loser.

Ronny, I'll still be there to comfort you again like the last time when the Titans bid got up and you were posting here as Dr Death.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Don't feel sorry for us, all of us know that it's an uphill battle but in saying that everyone also knows that 100% dedication is what's needed. If anything feel sorry for the people who actually buy into Craig Davidsons crap. His bid still has no substance and it will easily copy and steal other bids ideas and concepts. Feel sorry for the CQLD, Western Corridor bids who are far superior to Brisbane Bombers but can't get decent coverage because certain journos will happily publish how Craig Davidsons farts cure disease instead of publishing the merits of CQLD and Ipswich bids.

It wont be the Bombers bid that gets up IMO.

The Corridor/Ipswich bid is looking good.

The Central Coast Bears membership drive continues Sunday @

SUNDAY 24th JULY
EVENT: Westfield Tuggerah Membership Drive
TIME: 10am - 3pm

EVENT: Westfield Hornsby Membership Drive
TIME: 10am - 3pm

BDGS

Bench
David Gallop has zero credibility.
He says the same thing to each bid - "you're a good chance" - but never commits to anything.
He simply waits until his News limited masters make the decision based on what will make more money for News Limited.

This is a stupid comment.

Of course he is going to encourage every bid to give the NRL the most options possible to what will work best for the game.

Singo fears misguided NRL expansion

Adrian Proszenko

July 24, 2011
http://www.fairfax.com.au/ads-by-google.html

art-353-john-singleton-200x0.jpg
For the Bears, it's his shout … John Singleton. Photo: Getty Images

JOHN SINGLETON has stumped up his cash, but fears his dream of hosting an NRL team on the Central Coast could again be dashed due to misguided attempts to make rugby league a national sport.

As revealed in The Sun-Herald last week, Singleton has agreed to a $2 million deal to help the Central Coast Bears become the next franchise to obtain an NRL licence. The multimillionaire advertising guru, still smarting after the NRL rejected the Bears in favour of the Gold Coast when the competition last expanded in 2007, fears the obsession to branch into new markets could again cost the game - and the people of the Central Coast.

''I thought we were 100-1 on last time,'' Singleton told The Sun-Herald.

''There are 400,000 to 500,000 people here who, [as their] No.1, love rugby league.

''We've got a stadium here and we've got the money. But how could we not get it last time? We got the Gold Coast, who had no money and no stadium at the time.

''But because everyone has this national [focus], you'd bet they'd lose money again in Perth first and then in Adelaide. And then they'd death-wish some team in Sydney to relocate [to Gosford].''

History will prove that the last option won't work. The people of the Central Coast did not identify with the Northern Eagles, the ill-fated merger between Manly and North Sydney that lasted from 2000-2002. There have been suggestions league's next broadcast deal could be worth up to $1.4 billion. However, Singleton believes the game will only reach its financial potential if it expands into league strongholds.

''It's worth more than AFL in NSW and Queensland, but it's worth bugger all everywhere else,'' he said. Singleton vowed to walk away after the Bears were last snubbed but, through his Bluetongue Stadium, will become a shareholder if the franchise is granted an NRL license this time around.

However, while the larrikin entrepreneur quipped, ''Anyone would be able to see that any money that comes from the stadium is my money'', he is now keen to remain in the background.

''I just want to leave it to Greg [Bears boss Greg Florimo], leave it to the young blokes and support them in every way I can. But do it privately,'' he said. ''I'm leaving it entirely to Greg because I've had my go. I'd only get in the way. Too many cooks.''

The fate of the Bears - and fellow expansion hopefuls Brisbane, Central Queensland, Perth, Ipswich, Wellington and Papua New Guinea - is now in the hands of the independent commission. After years of negotiations and politicking, the identity of the inaugural commissioners was officially announced during the week. John Grant, Catherine Harris, Ian Elliott, Peter Gregg, Gary Pemberton, Jeremy Sutcliffe, Wayne Pearce and Chris Sarra have been appointed to the new ruling body, which will rule on issues such as expansion. Singleton said he knew little about the group that would determine if his Bears dream will become a reality.

''All I can tell you is that if there are eight people better than [former ARL boss] John Quayle and [NRL executive director] Katie Page, they must be bloody good,'' Singleton said. ''They must be fantastic. Unbelievable. They are just a cut above, to my knowledge. But most of the people on it, I don't know. It's hard to judge them if I haven't met them. Apart from Gary Pemberton, who's a deadset business genius and a personal friend. They don't come any better than Gary. The good thing is no one carries any baggage. Let's give them ago. The fact I don't know them, that might be good.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...l-expansion-20110723-1hu51.html#ixzz1SyigbA5p

I'd just like to add that as the Titans perform terrible this year their fans have deserted them for the most part and this is a team who has been established for a few seasons now. It's obvious that they are struggling and Im quite sure no one expected their current predicament. I have no doubts that putting another team close to their promixity with their current situation could potentially be fatal to their franchise (though highly unlikely). If we have learnt anything from history is that the Gold Coast needs breathing space to grow and not 2 teams up the road (one established and with their hands already in the cookie jar whilst the other *bid team* would be fighting for corporate dollars).

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd just like to add that as the Titans perform terrible this year their fans have deserted them for the most part and this is a team who has been established for a few seasons now. It's obvious that they are struggling and Im quite sure no one expected their current predicament. I have no doubts that putting another team close to their promixity with their current situation could potentially be fatal to their franchise (though highly unlikely). If we have learnt anything from history is that the Gold Coast needs breathing space to grow and not 2 teams up the road (one established and with their hands already in the cookie jar whilst the other *bid team* would be fighting for corporate dollars).

mate their avg is 16,155 this year! The Bears would do well to avg that if they get back in imo.

not very positive when an investor is talking down the likelihood of the bid being succesful!

And he still invested $2million dollars. Thats what counts. Considering how much this man has invested on a Central Coast franchise since 99 it's not hard to see his slightly negative output but like I said at the end of the day, he still put his money where his mouth is.

On another note I didn't realize Singleton had good friends already on the I.C. His involvement does really amp up the Central Coast Bears bid another notch.

mate their avg is 16,155 this year! The Bears would do well to avg that if they get back in imo.

I think those figures have been drastically inflated mate. Ive been to 4 of their home games this year and each would have struggled to crack 10k imo. Their was even an article in the Courier Fail today in regards to it. http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/titans-fans-missing-in-action/story-e6frep5x-1226100472019

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
"you'd bet they'd lose money again in Perth first and then in Adelaide"

lol. ignorant or just bitter? Someone ought to tell him Adelaide aren't bidding!

Bears have had my admiration for keeping the focus on their bid and not bagging off the others like the Q'land bids have been doing, seems the gloves are coming off.

adamkungl

Immortal
Still don't believe that SE QLD is ready for another team. Titans need a few more years to really establish and solidify their position.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't see how adding another Brisbane team will cannobilise the Titans corporate or supporter base any greater than adding a team in Gosford may do to the other 9 NSW teams. Titans seem to have an equal supporter and corporate base as any Sydney team.

Status
Not open for further replies.