What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamkungl

Immortal
Yet again the crowd doesn't match the hype...

I've said this before, but if the hoardes of alleged CC Bears fans wanted to make a statement, they would pack out Bluetongue regardless of whether it was Souths v St George playing or Bondi United v Wentworthville.

Frailty

First Grade
Why would the CC care about 2 teams languishing at the bottom of the ladder??

Maybe because they want to get there own team... Kind of like why the Gold Coast would care about meaningless trial games being played at a ground that isn't suited to Rugby League... But they still sold those games out.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The only real call I see for the CC team are from ex norths fans who only want to see a bears version of the team, and reject out of hand ideas about other teams relocating there.

I really think it would be a waste to set up a new side there.

As others have said, increase the incentives to get a Sydney team to move there, obviously retaining there nick name and colours.

Ronny and the other bears cheerleaders don't like this idea because their sole motivation is getting the bears back, not providing the CC with their own team.

Shouldn't the important thing be getting a side in the CC regardless of whether they play in red and black and are called the bears?

bobmar28

Bench
The problem with the CC bid is I don't see how it will help with getting a better TV contract as it just adds to the nine teams already in the Sydney region.

What about QLD? They have only three teams for the whole state.

NZ should get a team to take advantage of rugby leagues increased popularity there recently.

Then there is Perth, we need to go truly national.

Also, league is huge in PNG.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
If we wanted to increase 'spots' for TV Ratings we need to look at Perth and then another major city - possible NZ...

I just think outside of Perth, there isn't much future for expansion at the moment that is viable to the NRL. CC should really have relocated side to spread out the congestion in Sydney.

DC_fan

Coach
If we wanted to increase 'spots' for TV Ratings we need to look at Perth and then another major city - possible NZ...

I just think outside of Perth, there isn't much future for expansion at the moment that is viable to the NRL. CC should really have relocated side to spread out the congestion in Sydney.

I have to agree. Nothing against the Bears, I wish them the best of luck, but having 10 teams play out of Sydney is way too many.

I know some will say Gosford is not apart of Sydney. But it really is just an outer suburb of Sydney.

Brutus

Referee
mate

mate do stupid f**ks understand we want the bears up here and now im a panthers man and that wont change but even ill go to every game that doesnt stop me seeing the panthers. i can't believe you lazy sydney f**ks if my team was 10mins down the road how dont we get 20,000 every game

But Zorba Peters reckons people of the Central Coast want their own team.

Well why don't they start up a consortium of their own. i don't see one.

In reality, Perth should be first by the length of the straight. 2nd Brisbane and NZ vying for the other spot.

Brutus

Referee
Why would the CC care about 2 teams languishing at the bottom of the ladder??

Well if they want a team, then they should get off their arses and prove they want a team.

Everybody can see that we do not need another NSW team. It's up to the CC to change that opinion by turning up to games and they are not.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The problem with the CC bid is I don't see how it will help with getting a better TV contract as it just adds to the nine teams already in the Sydney region.

What about QLD? They have only three teams for the whole state.

NZ should get a team to take advantage of rugby leagues increased popularity there recently.

Then there is Perth, we need to go truly national.

Also, league is huge in PNG.

The CC will give us 9 games with the Perth side. Idealy it would be good to have Wellington ready to go as they would open up a new market, but there is no bid coming from there. No Qld or NSW bid will open up a new market, just guarentee a certain amount of ratings and a ninth match. No team from there will open up a new market.

But as the AFL have shown, putting teams in new markets doesnt mean that ratings will increase.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
To the Central Coast Bears naysayers digest some of this below.. Who on the coast doesn't want us? How many other bids have done what these photo's show? Yes in this instance a picture truly is worth a million words.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=4267488&id=72707929443

Photo of a Central Coast BEARS bid billboard ad located near @ Laycock St Theater, North Sydney.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=4266915&id=72707929443
Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.

The gang out & about in Terrigal for the Bears membership drive.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=4266913&id=72707929443

The lovely Ros and a couple of the youngsters at Erina Fair on Saturday for the Bears membership drive

and some more

Last edited:

MsStorm

Bench
They are great pics and you must be crossing fingers and toes for your team to be given the okay.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
They are great pics and you must be crossing fingers and toes for your team to be given the okay.

I am but I'm also very confident that we will be a shoe in. I have no doubts that expansion will be on the Central Coast and that the BEARS will be the team to guarantee that.

How can anyone possibly say "NO" to the Central Coast BEARS. Look at these pictures of Central Coast locals and NS.BEARS supporters mingling and fighting for a common cause @ the 2nd BEARS rally on MAY 15th. Kids & adults, senior citizens and local shop owners/business people.

Some people here are purely haters. People who don't know anything about the bid and whose opinion are baseless. People who think locals of the Central Coast don't want the BEARS yet without the help of locals the bid would NEVER have gotten this far.

People who think CC locals would turn up to a SHARKS game on a freezing night.. The SHARKS, a team which early last year wanted to kill the CCBEARS bid by playing games out of Bluetounge for 5 years but not relocating. (Just taking the cash).

People who think CC should have their own team yet fail to see that the BEARS are their own team. Fail to see that the only bid from the CC is the BEARS. People who don't live on the CC suggesting they know what the locals want.

People who think a team should just "relocate". When it was the BEARS who helped build Bluetounge stadium, when it was the BEARS who have helped develop the CCRL over the decades. When it's been the BEARS fighting tooth and nail, spending thousands upon thousands of dollars and hours to embrace the CC and in return for the CC to embrace the BEARS.

People who say the BEARS can't make it on the CC, when the BEARS have managed to get sponsors and supporters.

These people have nothing to do with the CCBEARS bid, these people should just shut up because their opinions have no facts. Their opinions have no truth.

These photos above weigh a billion tonnes more in facts and truths then whatever debate or argument these people can muster up.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
So in other words half of that 'crowd' (and I dare say more than half) are just North Sydney Supporters looking to get their Bears back in.. I found it funny to see one of the signs ending in 'YDNEY'... Pretty sure that is North Sydney...

I would love the Bears to come back - I really would. However, realistically if the goal is prop up the TV Rights and amount of sponsorship in the game, the Central Coast only really offers an extra TV game and minor sponsorship - where new markets offer an extra game and extra sponsorship through the tv rights.

To be honest, I'd be happy to see CC Bears and WA Reds enter the comp - but I don't think it is the move that will bring the most to the NRL.

dgsfan

Juniors
Well how many South's fans marched? Look at their crowds now. You Bears fans are a very small fraction of the South's fans that marched. What are there 1000 people there? Looks like it.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Adding 2 teams from anywhere will increase the TV deal due to the extra games. It doesnt matter whether the teams are placed in new areas or not as FOXTEL/AUSTAR is available country wide. Hell, Id even go as far to say that a NSW/Qld side would be more valuable to channel 9 due to the better ratings for RL in those 2 states.

The only money differential will be what is brought in by crowds and merch sales and not much of that goes to the NRL coffers

Status
Not open for further replies.