What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Yeah, i have heard all what has been release into the media but you would have to be ignorant to think a (unofficial) decision won't or hasn't been made before the Expansion bids are call for submission which will happen in March. Your second point is the same as your first. NRL clubs are spilt on where and when to expand, not on expansion itself. There was a article a few weeks back saying clubs wanted to hold expansion off to 2015 (meaning they do want expansion eventually) and were spilt on where i.e. NSW clubs apparently don't want the Bears, QLD clubs apparently don't want another QLD team in the market due to the recent influx of sporting teams in the last few years by all codes.

The NRL have already started negotiations with all the channel, its yet to be released but the inside news is that the NRL is somewhat close (atm) the billion dollars mark.

What you’re telling me is that everything you know has been drip-fed to you by the News Ltd/Fairfax mass media...

dgsfan

Juniors
Very very smart posts (both of them), and shows how people REALLY do support clubs and newer clubs, also worth a mention is that in 15 years time after the Titans started (and 15 years after the Bears hopefully start) that locals growing up in these areas will change from previous generations and from their parents and start supporting the local team as their first team in many cases, obviously not in all cases.

Either Central Queensland or a new bid from ipswich (not the current one) that would embrace the area and let the community help with a professionally run bid, rather then a corporate run bid with no community input that has been put together at the last minute once other bids have opened the door on a previously tightly shut door.

I've heard the two teams that are in my signature will be the two new teams come expansion.

Very vey dumb posts (all of them)

BDGS

Bench
What you’re telling me is that everything you know has been drip-fed to you by the News Ltd/Fairfax mass media...

Obviously English isn't your strong point, so have a re-read and see what i was saying. A lot of it is against what all newspapers/media outlets have been saying.

Very vey dumb posts (all of them)

Just because you do not agree with something does not make that something bad.

It sheds you in a bad light.

ccr

It’s a good way to show solidarity. The more people supporting the bid the better, especially if they’re fans of other clubs. Or so I would’ve thought...

That's not a problem, its more the people who go out of their way to troll people. Intent to piss off others.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Nah, he’s just an overly-enthusiastic poster from the other forum.

The other forum where the Ipswich bid is non existent yet central qld has alot of feedback, where as this forum has feedback for Ipswich but not central qld. Yet the similarities is that central coast bears are universally accepted in both forums except for 10 know it alls from Sydney and Brisbane... and none of them seem to have ever been to the cc or Ipswich.

Talons

Juniors
Very very smart posts (both of them), and shows how people REALLY do support clubs and newer clubs, also worth a mention is that in 15 years time after the Titans started (and 15 years after the Bears hopefully start) that locals growing up in these areas will change from previous generations and from their parents and start supporting the local team as their first team in many cases, obviously not in all cases.

Either Central Queensland or a new bid from ipswich (not the current one) that would embrace the area and let the community help with a professionally run bid, rather then a corporate run bid with no community input that has been put together at the last minute once other bids have opened the door on a previously tightly shut door.

I've heard the two teams that are in my signature will be the two new teams come expansion.

So please enlighten us where and from whom you have actually acquired the information I have highlighted in your above post.
Please don't try using double talk or insults to deflect from the truth (like similar posters) to back up such a arrogant statement...facts will do nicely thankyou.

BDGS

Bench
Nah, he’s just an overly-enthusiastic poster from the other forum.

Is there anything wrong with enthusiasm?

That's not a problem, its more the people who go out of their way to troll people. Intent to piss off others.

Who are they?

I haven't come across any posters like that yet, luckily.

So please enlighten us where and from whom you have actually acquired the information I have highlighted in your above post.
Please don't try using double talk or insults to deflect from the truth (like similar posters) to back up such a arrogant statement...facts will do nicely thankyou.

Firstly, there is nothing arrogant about saying you have heard that something you want will or most likely will happen.

Where did i hear it from?

About 2 months ago one of the NRL bids had a meeting with Gallop and the NRL and the 'feel' amongst the fellas that represented that NRL bid was that the two teams in my signature will be the teams in.

Obviously i can't name any names but that is all i can say without getting in trouble with those guys.

BDGS

Bench
The other forum where the Ipswich bid is non existent yet central qld has alot of feedback, where as this forum has feedback for Ipswich but not central qld. Yet the similarities is that central coast bears are universally accepted in both forums except for 10 know it alls from Sydney and Brisbane... and none of them seem to have ever been to the cc or Ipswich.

It seems that WA Reds get good feedback from not only the two major forum sites but within the general public and other team sites as well as in the news and NRL clubs.

Talons

Juniors

Who are they?

Firstly, there is nothing arrogant about saying you have heard that something you want will or most likely will happen.

About 2 months ago one of the NRL bids had a meeting with Gallop and the NRL and the 'feel' amongst the fellas that represented that NRL bid was that the two teams in my signature will be the teams in.

Obviously i can't name any names but that is all i can say without getting in trouble with those guys.

I will leave you to reflect on the difference between the two highlighted statements..cheers

BunniesMan

Immortal

Who are they?

While I hope you are right, because I want to see the Bears and Reds added into the comp too, people generally don't like unsourced statements.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
rleague should hardly be referenced. It was a Bulldogs supporters site before it became rleague and the bias still continues to this day. Im sure the bias still filters through to other parts of their forum. I started on there, got sick of the bias and bickering so I came here. Still a large amount of bias and bickering here, but at least its not constantly with the same agenda.

As for the Bears expansion, I think there is room for them. Ipswich would help with a TV deal, but Wellington would help even more (arguably), but I don't see many people pushing for that. (yes, I know they have no bid going though)

Ultimately, my hope is that with the Bears admission, a club in Sydney will see the writing on the wall and relocate to Adelaide or Wellington. Im in favour of a Bears bid over Ipswich at the moment, but just barely.

dgsfan

Juniors
Wellington would not offer more to a new tv deal. Aus networks wouldn't be interested, in fact I'd argue they'd be against it. Having to air a NZ team wouldn't be in their best interests. If you ask them I'd bet they'd prefer to show a new QLD team over a NZ one and even a new QLD team over a CC one. Whilst NZ does offer some money to our tv deal another nz team would hardly match the revenue made from another qld team.

BDGS

Bench
I will leave you to reflect on the difference between the two highlighted statements..cheers

That is not arrogance, just confidence.

While I hope you are right, because I want to see the Bears and Reds added into the comp too, people generally don't like unsourced statements.

Yes, i am aware of that but unfortunately if i name anybody, there is a chance of not getting the information next time around.

rleague should hardly be referenced. It was a Bulldogs supporters site before it became rleague and the bias still continues to this day. Im sure the bias still filters through to other parts of their forum. I started on there, got sick of the bias and bickering so I came here. Still a large amount of bias and bickering here, but at least its not constantly with the same agenda.

Rleague only has 4 regular bulldogs posters. The Majority of fans on that site are Broncos and Dragons fans. Also no body is referencing that site.

Wellington would not offer more to a new tv deal. Aus networks wouldn't be interested, in fact I'd argue they'd be against it. Having to air a NZ team wouldn't be in their best interests. If you ask them I'd bet they'd prefer to show a new QLD team over a NZ one and even a new QLD team over a CC one. Whilst NZ does offer some money to our tv deal another nz team would hardly match the revenue made from another qld team.

The Australian TV station won't pay more for a second NZ team but the Sky Sports NZ might, i think they pay about 25 million atm for the Warriors games, throw in another team and there is an extra game that the Aussie TV will pay a little bit more for (not as much as another Australian team though) while possibly doubling the money coming in from NZ.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

The Australian TV station won't pay more for a second NZ team but the Sky Sports NZ might, i think they pay about 25 million atm for the Warriors games, throw in another team and there is an extra game that the Aussie TV will pay a little bit more for (not as much as another Australian team though) while possibly doubling the money coming in from NZ.

Precisely. SKY in NZ for some reason are playing us a very good deal. Another NZ team would/should add more to the deal we get from SKY because of the extra game each week plus the local derby which would be massive over there.

Fox and 9 would be interested in another NZ team too because it opens up another timeslot to broadcast a live game into Australia. Instead of just one game from NZ every two weeks, it could become every two weeks. The Sunday 2pm(AEST) game and the Saturday 5:30pm game (AEST) and the 3:30 Saturday game (AEST) should it ever return, could be broadcast live from NZ. Perth offer similar options.

The only issues that I can see with a 2nd NZ team is the use of the caketin, the clubs ability to keep itself afloat and the lack of a bid.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Judging CC bears support based on the number of people who write positive comments on forums and comments pages is a very unreliable picture of true support. Multi accounts and trolling render these opinions inaccurate.

Bears for 2013 supporters are better off spruiking their 4000+* membership numbers, which are far more positive.

* apologies R&BBear and friends I don't know the actual number.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It seems that WA Reds get good feedback from not only the two major forum sites but within the general public and other team sites as well as in the news and NRL clubs.

It was very interesting to see the wind change to favour our bid. For a long time we were just a "dot on the map" according to Gallop and he very rarely even mentioned our bid when talking about expansion, in fact he even went as far as to leak an NRL document saying Perth and Adelaide were worth nothing to TV execs. Then all of a sudden it was a complete 180 and he was suddenly our best friend, championing our bid and talking us up. I would love to know what transpired to change his attitude to our bid!

dgsfan

Juniors
How many games did NZ get on Nine this year? I think that answer is a fair indication of how networks would feel about a second team over there. Sure, an extra FTA game is worth something to FTA, but the extra money knowing that extra game involves a QLD team is worth much more than any extra money offered by sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts