What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
And yet people making the decision have indicated to you that they are leaning this way. Who has said this? If your going to infer that you know people who have indicated to you via 'feel' that a decision has been made then go the whole hog and tell us who. Otherwise it can only be classed as bearsh*t.

LOL i don't about you but when i get told something in good faith i don't go around telling everyone that person x said this is the way whatever current situation is going. People can bullsh*t all they want i really don't give a sh*t.

I already have answered to the extent i am able to without upsetting anyone, don't bite the hand that feeds you so to speak but usually the information from that area is about 85% correct. Take what you want from it after all this is only some forum site.

BDGS

Bench
Back to topic, it is great to hear that the Bears have passed 4,500 members and are heading full steam towards the target set by the Bears with the NRL of it seeing being a significant number. One can only imagine the number the Bears can manage to finish on when the Bid is handed in. It'll also be interesting to see how many members the Bears have in June when the decision of expansion is handed down.

I was up on the Central Coast on the weekend (not the member pushes) and there is a real community bears feel about it, something that can only been seen once you are there it truly is amazing. The Central Coast Bears also rang me today to notify me about certain member pushes coming up over the next few weeks as well as the number of members. Great work from the Bears bid.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes it is a great effort and hats off to all the volunteers spending their own time and money making it happen. As someone pushing the cart uphill on this side of the country I know what is involved!

Bro Bear

Juniors
Keep up the good work CC Bears. Surely the NRL can see that we will bring more exposure to the game than some of the other bids. How many members do the other bids have, how much sponorship do the other bids have, how many juniors do the other area's have?????

SA for a team - now that would be waste of time, at least for the next 20 years.

Has to be the CC Bears and WA Reds for 2013.

The other two QLD bids in 2018 - their stadiums may be built by then. However, it would be great if the NRL turns around and states we will be admitting the CC Bears and WA Reds into the NRL in 2013 and the NRL in 2018 wil be having a two ten team conferences in the NRL with the admittance of the CQLD and the other SEQLD team.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
LOL i don't about you but when i get told something in good faith i don't go around telling everyone that person x said this is the way whatever current situation is going. People can bullsh*t all they want i really don't give a sh*t.

I already have answered to the extent i am able to without upsetting anyone, don't bite the hand that feeds you so to speak but usually the information from that area is about 85% correct. Take what you want from it after all this is only some forum site.
Then I will class it as bearsh*t.
I don't know about you but I prefer people to be upfront with information - either tell the whole tale or none at all.

BDGS

Bench
Then I will class it as bearsh*t.
I don't know about you but I prefer people to be upfront with information - either tell the whole tale or none at all.

I rather keep my contact happy so later they will again reproduce the information they know to me.

Anyway, we are four months out until the bids have to be submitted and anything can still happen.

Now back on topic.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I rather keep my contact happy so later they will again reproduce the information they know to me.

Anyway, we are four months out until the bids have to be submitted and anything can still happen.

Now back on topic.
Exactly. FTR although I would like to see a 2nd Brisbane team and the Reds enter the NRL next, I am not against the bears and wish their supporters all the best.

BDGS

Bench
Exactly. FTR

What does FTR mean?

although I would like to see a 2nd Brisbane team and the Reds enter the NRL next, I am not against the bears and wish their supporters all the best.

Finally, some neutral ground lol.

I think we all have the same thing at heart and that is what is best for the NRL. We just different ideas on how to do that. There does seem to be one too many Sydney (not NSW) teams.

dgsfan

Juniors
I just can't see the NRL admitting the bears. They were pretty vocal about there being too many Sydney teams and wanting one to relocate. I just can't see it happening in the next expansion. As long as the Jets bid steps up come decision time, they'll be admitted along with the Reds. I think the Bears will have a good chance after one of the Sydney teams relocate or folds, which is how it should be anyway. 11 teams in NSW is far too many, add to that the south QLD situation of 2 AFL teams vs 2 NRL teams I think there's no other choice but to admit the "Jets" bid. If the AFL can sustain 2 AFL teams the NRL can certainly sustain 3.

Reds and QLD for 2013 expansion.

BDGS

Bench
I just can't see the NRL admitting the bears. They were pretty vocal about there being too many Sydney teams and wanting one to relocate. I just can't see it happening in the next expansion. As long as the Jets bid steps up come decision time, they'll be admitted along with the Reds. I think the Bears will have a good chance after one of the Sydney teams relocate or folds, which is how it should be anyway. 11 teams in NSW is far too many, add to that the south QLD situation of 2 AFL teams vs 2 NRL teams I think there's no other choice but to admit the "Jets" bid. If the AFL can sustain 2 AFL teams the NRL can certainly sustain 3.

Reds and QLD for 2013 expansion.

Since when has the Central Coast been apart of Sydney? That has stumped me.

11 is too many? says who?

There are only 9 Sydney Teams btw. There is 1 half Syd-gong team. There is 1 Newcastle team.

Last edited:

dgsfan

Juniors
The reason the NRL wants less Sydney teams is because it's overcrowded. Try using figures to prop up the Bears bid without involving Nth Sydney. We'll see how good it looks then.

BDGS

Bench
We are aiming hard at getting 5000 financial members before the years end. Go the Bears!

I don't think we'll be able to get that, unless the carols by candlelight night gets a large chunk in.

I don't think the NRL could say no to any NRL bid with over 5000 members.

dgsfan

Juniors
I think they will, especially when the QLD bid starts to build steam. 11/18 teams in NSW for the NATIONAL Rugby League won't happen.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
I think they will, especially when the QLD bid starts to build steam. 11/18 teams in NSW for the NATIONAL Rugby League won't happen.

It's the off season, they should be initiating community involvement and getting sponsors on board. The WAReds and the CCBears have done this. If people are buying into a bid then obviously something is going right.

BDGS

Bench

Compared to 10/18 Victorian? from that other code lol

we will look after yourselves and not worrying about having similar figures to that other joint.

dgsfan

Juniors
I just feel for all of those members wasting their money on something that is unlikely to eventuate.

dgsfan

Juniors
Compared to 10/18 Victorian? from that other code lol

we will look after yourselves and not worrying about having similar figures to that other joint.

When is the last time they expanded in their own state?

Status
Not open for further replies.