What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
If the best bids get in next year the Bears will be the first ones chosen.

Agreed.

Says who? - Bears for 2013 supporters who have more bias than a lawn bowl.

Says the fans of NRL Expansion, the NRL can really shame the AFL with this expansion by listening to the people ... as the AFL has shown it doesn't listen to their fans.

Says who? Is that on the official list of criteria?

Hard work is the basis of Rugby League, Sports and everything else in life. Without hard work you are, and/or an organisation, is nothing. Purely and simply as that, if you don't see that then i feel very very sorry for you.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Says the fans of NRL Expansion, the NRL can really shame the AFL with this expansion by listening to the people ... as the AFL has shown it doesn't listen to their fans.
I am a fan of NRL expansion and an eventual CC team after a 2nd Brisbane side and Perth. Just because you and other fans want the bears back in 2013 doesn't mean everyone does.
As for the AFL I don't give a flying brontosaurus what they do. And neither do AFL fans when it comes to expansion. Tasmanians want a team but fans of other clubs don't give a toss, insular as they are.
Hard work is the basis of Rugby League, Sports and everything else in life. Without hard work you are, and/or an organisation, is nothing. Purely and simply as that, if you don't see that then i feel very very sorry for you.
Thank you for the life lesson Dr Phil. Millions, nay billions, of people are working hard each day but they have squat. Just because you work hard doesn't mean you get what you achieve, life is not the hallmark channel.
The bears can work hard as hard as they want. But are they working hard in the right areas? You can work hard digging a gold mine for as long as you want but if its not near a seam you get nothing.

dgsfan

Juniors
Great posts, AlwaysGreen. Great objectiveness. There aren't many neutrals that want the bears back. Most in here either live in the area or are former bears fans.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Great posts, AlwaysGreen. Great objectiveness. There aren't many neutrals that want the bears back. Most in here either live in the area or are former bears fans.
1. Just because someone has the same opinion as you doesn't make it objective.
2. I am neither a CC resident or a former Bears fan and I want them back.

dgsfan

Juniors
Sorry, should make myself clearer. Most non cc residents/former bears fans/NSWRL sad cases want the NRL to expand beyond the great state of NSW. As a resident of NSW who supports a Sydney team I can see the benefits of expanding to WA and QLD.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Sorry, should make myself clearer. Most non cc residents/former bears fans/NSWRL sad cases want the NRL to expand beyond the great state of NSW. As a resident of NSW who supports a Sydney team I can see the benefits of expanding to WA and QLD.
I also support a Sydney team and a Bears team doesn't mean we can't expand elsewhere aswell. The dot on a map strategy has been dismissed by Gallop. It should go to the bids that prove they have a plan for a strong and stable future with community support for the team. The Bears certainly have that, and whichever team from WA/QLD can do the same (WA) should join them as the teams brought into the comp in 2013.

dgsfan

Juniors
Can they be sustained? Why add a club that can average a max of 20,000 for the next 10 years in an area with 9 other NRL clubs with-in 2.5 hrs? That's a very odd expansion move.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Can they be sustained? Why add a club that can average a max of 20,000 for the next 10 years in an area with 9 other NRL clubs with-in 2.5 hrs? That's a very odd expansion move.
20,000 is a brilliant crowd for 15 of the 16 teams in the NRL. If they average that they will be a success.

And this 2.5 hour logic is bullsh*t, the Central Coast has noone to support. No matter how much ignorant types want to turn them into southern Newcastle or Northern Manly they are neither. There is a significant (and growing) population there that has proven they are willing to spend money on memberships and going to the games. Plus the Northern Sydney population that will travel the hour up the road to watch the Bears

A sponsor putting 10 million dollars on the table proves how strong they are. Businesses don't put that much money out there for weak and flimsy teams.

And IMO being so close to the Sydney teams is a positive. It will give the sydney teams more competition and force them to run themselves better. Beyond Souths, Dragons, Dogs, Eels and maybe the Tigers, the rest are a poor standard and bringing the Bears in will force them to lift their game off field.

dgsfan

Juniors
Looking into the future, though. Tigers will probably crack 20,000 soon. As will Souths. Knowing CC cannot, that's the big difference.

BDGS

Bench
Thank you for the life lesson Dr Phil. Millions, nay billions, of people are working hard each day but they have squat. Just because you work hard doesn't mean you get what you achieve, life is not the hallmark channel.
The bears can work hard as hard as they want. But are they working hard in the right areas? You can work hard digging a gold mine for as long as you want but if its not near a seam you get nothing.

I really don't like insulting people over the net but you make it hard. Your ideals are poor and I'm glad you are not running the NRL.

About the expansion fans, 80% of all expansion fans agree the Bears should come in. After all they are the only NRL bid to ever be put on stand-by twice.

I have never lived on the Central Coast and i am obviously a proud bulldogs fan. I am a NSW resident who can see huge advantages at giving 20% of the population of the most populated state in Australia a team. This 'Dots on a map' mentality is dangerous and the wrong view from my point of view. We need areas that can sustain an NRL team not just areas that when you look at a map of Australia it is nice to have a tick or logo of an NRL club there.

1. Just because someone has the same opinion as you doesn't make it objective.
2. I am neither a CC resident or a former Bears fan and I want them back.

I also support a Sydney team and a Bears team doesn't mean we can't expand elsewhere aswell. The dot on a map strategy has been dismissed by Gallop. It should go to the bids that prove they have a plan for a strong and stable future with community support for the team. The Bears certainly have that, and whichever team from WA/QLD can do the same (WA) should join them as the teams brought into the comp in 2013.

Don't talk soo much sense! It is not being appreciated as much as it should be on here mate.

If they average 20,000 a year that would be massive and the second highest NSW team average.

I am not sure if you know this but in the 21st century we have the ability to extent stadiums and upgrade them meaning just because the capacity is a 20,059 at Bluetongue stadium currently, it doesn't mean that won't change.

Looking into the future, though. Tigers will probably crack 20,000 soon. As will Souths. Knowing CC cannot, that's the big difference.

We work on facts not probables.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
20k is more than all but one Sydney team this year and more than 2 of the 3 Queensland teams.

They won’t come close to averaging 20K though. To do that they need to get crowds well over 20K to stretch out the average.

Look at the Tigers crowds this year, then cap all of their crowds that went over 20K back to 20K and then calculate their average.

Even with a few sellouts a year the Bears will probably average closer to 15K than 20K.

dgsfan

Juniors
About the expansion fans, 80% of all expansion fans agree the Bears should come in. After all they are the only NRL bid to ever be put on stand-by twice.

Where did you pull that figure from? Posting unsubstantiated does not help validate your opinion.

I have never lived on the Central Coast and i am obviously a proud bulldogs fan. I am a NSW resident who can see huge advantages at giving 20% of the population of the most populated state in Australia a team. This 'Dots on a map' mentality is dangerous and the wrong view from my point of view. We need areas that can sustain an NRL team not just areas that when you look at a map of Australia it is nice to have a tick or logo of an NRL club there.

I think if NSW can sustain 11 teams with a population of 7 million (650,000/team), then QLD (RL heartland) can sustain 4 with a population of 4.5 million (1.1 million/team).

Have you heard that in the future (forward thinking) QLD is set to take over VIC as the 2nd most populous state? I think the NRL will definitely take that into consideration.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think if NSW can sustain 11 teams with a population of 7 million (650,000/team), then QLD (RL heartland) can sustain 4 with a population of 4.5 million (1.1 million/team).
QLD is not RL heartland in anyone's opinion except delusional canetoads.

And it takes more than an arbitrary population number (although the Bears have the population as well) to sustain a team. Community support (which can't just be artificially created) and sponsor support (which is never easy to get) are the most important factors for a sustainable team. And that's the 2 factors the Bears have the biggest advantage in.
Have you heard that in the future (forward thinking) QLD is set to take over VIC as the 2nd most populous state? I think the NRL will definitely take that into consideration.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victorias-population-growth-fastest-in-nation-20100325-qzvl.html
Victoria is growing faster than QLD.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
QLD is not RL heartland in anyone's opinion except delusional canetoads.

And it takes more than an arbitrary population number (although the Bears have the population as well) to sustain a team. Community support (which can't just be artificially created) and sponsor support (which is never easy to get) are the most important factors for a sustainable team. And that's the 2 factors the Bears have the biggest advantage in.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victorias-population-growth-fastest-in-nation-20100325-qzvl.html
Victoria is growing faster than QLD.
Gould is the one who has been championing Queensland as RL heartland for a number of years now. Do you know more about the game than he does?

Queensland is going to overtake Victoria. Just check the ABS.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Gould is the one who has been championing Queensland as RL heartland for a number of years now. Do you know more about the game than he does?
I agree with Gould on a lot of things. He's wrong on that one.
Queensland is going to overtake Victoria, either in the 2020's (or 2030's depending on which projection is used) but it's going to happen. Just check the ABS.
The government can't project what the budget will look like 3 years from now. And your trusting projections that are decades away? Those projections are based on so many variables that can change easily. According to some projections Melbourne will surpass Sydney as Australia's biggest city one day.

dgsfan

Juniors
Is it so hard to believe that Melbourne will surpass Sydney? Their population difference is only around 400,000.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I agree with Gould on a lot of things. He's wrong on that one.

The government can't project what the budget will look like 3 years from now. And your trusting projections that are decades away? Those projections are based on so many variables that can change easily. According to some projections Melbourne will surpass Sydney as Australia's biggest city one day.

Right. Guess we should just shut down the ABS because BunniesMan doesn’t think that the Australian Bureau of Statistics knows how to handle statistics.

ashton

Juniors
20,000 is a brilliant crowd for 15 of the 16 teams in the NRL. If they average that they will be a success.

And this 2.5 hour logic is bullsh*t, the Central Coast has noone to support. No matter how much ignorant types want to turn them into southern Newcastle or Northern Manly they are neither. There is a significant (and growing) population there that has proven they are willing to spend money on memberships and going to the games. Plus the Northern Sydney population that will travel the hour up the road to watch the Bears

A sponsor putting 10 million dollars on the table proves how strong they are. Businesses don't put that much money out there for weak and flimsy teams.

And IMO being so close to the Sydney teams is a positive. It will give the sydney teams more competition and force them to run themselves better. Beyond Souths, Dragons, Dogs, Eels and maybe the Tigers, the rest are a poor standard and bringing the Bears in will force them to lift their game off field.[/QUOTE]

Souths failed to make the eight again in 2010. Struggled for over 35 years with finance. Sold their heart and soul for 3 million to a hollywood star and a millionaire.

When the bears were in the comp they were the most unsucessful club in the history of the game. (last won a competition in 1932)

Status
Not open for further replies.