What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmar28

Bench
QLD is not RL heartland in anyone's opinion except delusional canetoads.

And it takes more than an arbitrary population number (although the Bears have the population as well) to sustain a team. Community support (which can't just be artificially created) and sponsor support (which is never easy to get) are the most important factors for a sustainable team. And that's the 2 factors the Bears have the biggest advantage in.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victorias-population-growth-fastest-in-nation-20100325-qzvl.html
Victoria is growing faster than QLD.

I've heard Ray Warren say it. I don't think he is a cane toad.

bobmar28

Bench
I agree with Gould on a lot of things. He's wrong on that one.

The government can't project what the budget will look like 3 years from now. And your trusting projections that are decades away? Those projections are based on so many variables that can change easily. According to some projections Melbourne will surpass Sydney as Australia's biggest city one day.

And pigs might fly.

bobmar28

Bench
Because of the fact that they have over $13 million dollars in sponsorship, have successful memberships drives each week, have more members then 7 NRL clubs, has a real community feel about the clubs and if you go to the Central Coast the residents are 110% sure they will finally get their own team.

And they will. When a Sydney team fails or merges.

The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are on today @

TELSTRA SHOP ERINA FAIR
WHEN: Saturday 18th December, 10am-3pm

BEST & LESS WOY WOY (DEEPWATER PLAZA)
WHEN: Saturday 18th December, 10am - 2pm

applesauce

Bench
Originally Posted by BunniesMan
QLD is not RL heartland in anyone's opinion except delusional canetoads.

And it takes more than an arbitrary population number (although the Bears have the population as well) to sustain a team. Community support (which can't just be artificially created) and sponsor support (which is never easy to get) are the most important factors for a sustainable team. And that's the 2 factors the Bears have the biggest advantage in.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/vi...0325-qzvl.html
Victoria is growing faster than QLD.

Wrong again.... Try reading the article (instead of the headline) it only accounts for for Jan-Sept 2009. :lol: Below are the year figures, the area breakdowns and the 2010 figures (all from the ABS). Note the top 10 and ask yourself should QLD get a 3rd SEQ team?

2008-2009 Total Growth in Area Breakdown:
Top-growth-LGAs.jpg

Source: ABS

This is from the last 5 years from June 2009:
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) latest figures show that Queensland is the fastest growing state, having gained half a million new residents in the five years to June 2009. This accounts for 29% of Australia's population growth.

With most of Australia's population increase due to overseas migration, Queensland recorded the highest increase in people moving from other states.

Brisbane grew 2.3 per cent a year, significantly greater than national growth of 1.8 per cent, bringing the city's population in 2009 to 2,004,300.

Even faster growth occurred on the Sunshine Coast (3.1 per cent), Gold Coast (3.3 per cent), and Cairns (3.8 per cent).

In the five years to 2009, Inner Brisbane's population grew by 14,000! Inner Sydney remained the most densely populated inner city with 4,641 people per km2, followed by Inner Melbourne (3,646 people per km2) and Inner Brisbane with 3,359 people per km2.

Now for the 2010 figures (in the first quarter March 31st):
All states and territories experienced positive population growth over the 12 months ended 31 March 2010. Western Australia recorded the largest percentage gain (2.3%) and Tasmania the smallest (0.9%).

Other percentage increases from the ABS website = QLD 2.2%, Victoria 2.0%, NT 1.9%, ACT 1.8%, NSW 1.6%

BunniesMan

Immortal
A bid to enter a team in a saturated market is not 'the best bid' imo.
It's not a saturated market. There are no teams on the Central Coast or in Northern Sydney (west of Manly). And all those other bids are claiming their area will be lost to AFL, well IMO the most likely part of Sydney to go is that large and quite wealthy chunk of Sydney that sits between Manly and Castle Hill. That's one of the key areas GWS will be targeting with their warchest of many millions they have. Central Coast too.

Union and Soccer as useless as they are won't be far behind. And Central Coast is a rapidly growing region, it would be foolish to ignore them yet again.
And pigs might fly.
It will. Trust me, and the ABS agrees with me. A larger and larger share of immigrants are choosing Melbourne over Sydney. And more and people that move from the rest of the country are choosing Melbourne over Sydney because they've been governed less geniusedly, their roads and hospitals are less of a basket case. Melbourne will be the country's biggest city one day and that'll be a sad day.
I've heard Ray Warren say it. I don't think he is a cane toad.
Lol so you believe the word of channel 9 fools hyping up a game in Queensland. Noone believes it that isn't being paid to say it.

Those population stats are why QLD will beate out the Bears.

Reds and QLD 2013!

Too bad the CC still has a larger pop then ipswich. Now and in 20 years. Too bad this ccbears bid is years ahead of Ipswich. Too bad the community actually wants a team and are forking out with their money for this. Can't see many people in qld doing the same, matter of fact the locals of Ipswich are still indecisive about this bid and I love how they got a former Sydney rooster to oversee this bid when he has never lived in the area.

Ccbears will keep getting members, sponsors and fans. While these other bids will keep getting hyped up by folks on the net who have never even been to these areas.

applesauce

Bench
Too bad the CC still has a larger pop then ipswich. Now and in 20 years. Too bad this ccbears bid is years ahead of Ipswich. Too bad the community actually wants a team and are forking out with their money for this. Can't see many people in qld doing the same, matter of fact the locals of Ipswich are still indecisive about this bid and I love how they got a former Sydney rooster to oversee this bid when he has never lived in the area.

Ccbears will keep getting members, sponsors and fans. While these other bids will keep getting hyped up by folks on the net who have never even been to these areas.

If the name of the bid is Ipswich-Logan, South QLD, South Brisbane or West Brisbane, what is your excuse going to be then?

Logan is the 6th largest economy in Australia, South QLD is 3 times as big as the central coast, and Brisbane 2 times as big...

Hence the North Shore territories. Hence the emphasis of establishing a foundation both on the cc and ns. Ccbears bid has been carefully thought out and has a great strategy. This is why the communities are joining and signing up. It's preparation like this that cannot be artificially created within a few months. This bid is still growing, not in the media but definitely in the community. Who knows how many members or sponsors we will have by march but one thing is for sure and that is we'll have more, alot more than any other contender.

Even if you have a large population, you still have to engage the community and initiate involvement. Which neither qld bid is doing. Which the ccbears and wareds are constantly acheiving. People make it out like it easy to gather support, if so then why can't these other bids get any outside the net? Answer me that.

Hence the North Shore territories. Hence the emphasis of establishing a foundation both on the cc and ns. Ccbears bid has been carefully thought out and has a great strategy. This is why the communities are joining and signing up. It's preparation like this that cannot be artificially created within a few months. This bid is still growing, not in the media but definitely in the community. Who knows how many members or sponsors we will have by march but one thing is for sure and that is we'll have more, alot more than any other contender.

Even if you har a large population, you still have to engage the community and initiate involvement. Which neither qld bid is doing. Which the ccbears and wareds are constantly acheiving. People make it out like it easy to gather support, if so then why can't these other bids get any outside the net? Answer me that.

dgsfan

Juniors
See, it's a part Nth Sydney team when it suits. Fact is there are too many teams in Sydney/NSW. Gallop has said so and wants a team to relocate out of Sydney. Why would they bring in another NSW team over a QLD one?

Reds and QLD 2013!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Easy to say but reality is the Q'land bid is unlikely to be any where near as strong as the Bears bid. Unless they say we will admit the Reds 2013 and Ipswich 2015 to give them more building time, which does little to enhance the TV deal, then I simply can't see the Ipswich bid being near strong enough to knock the Bears out. If both bids were of equal strength and development then I could see them going with Ipswich but they aren;t, and unlikely to be by next year.

BDGS

Bench
It's not a saturated market. There are no teams on the Central Coast or in Northern Sydney (west of Manly). And all those other bids are claiming their area will be lost to AFL, well IMO the most likely part of Sydney to go is that large and quite wealthy chunk of Sydney that sits between Manly and Castle Hill. That's one of the key areas GWS will be targeting with their warchest of many millions they have. Central Coast too.

Exactly, most people don't realise that the area the Central Coast Bears will cover is almost 20% of NSW. That is almost 20% of the biggest state in Australia. That is plenty of room for two AFL teams to survive easily.

People who claim we need to combat the Gold Coast Suns with Ipswich are kidding themselves. Ipswich Jets have nothing to do with the Gold Coast Suns. The NRL has already bulked up and helping out the Gold Coast Titans with promotions, memberships and all off field activity. Which has resulted, with help by the AFL marketing for the suns, has resulted in the Gold Coast Titans having more members for 2011 then they did for 2010.

Union and Soccer as useless as they are won't be far behind. And Central Coast is a rapidly growing region, it would be foolish to ignore them yet again.

It will. Trust me, and the ABS agrees with me. A larger and larger share of immigrants are choosing Melbourne over Sydney. And more and people that move from the rest of the country are choosing Melbourne over Sydney because they've been governed less geniusedly, their roads and hospitals are less of a basket case. Melbourne will be the country's biggest city one day and that'll be a sad day.

Lol so you believe the word of channel 9 fools hyping up a game in Queensland. Noone believes it that isn't being paid to say it.

Yeah, exactly. But you are talking to much sense for most posters on here.

BunniesMan

Immortal
See, it's a part Nth Sydney team when it suits. Fact is there are too many teams in Sydney/NSW. Gallop has said so and wants a team to relocate out of Sydney. Why would they bring in another NSW team over a QLD one?

Reds and QLD 2013!
The quote your referring to is from 2007 I think. Since then he's said much more positive things about the Bears.

BDGS

Bench
Easy to say but reality is the Q'land bid is unlikely to be any where near as strong as the Bears bid. Unless they say we will admit the Reds 2013 and Ipswich 2015 to give them more building time, which does little to enhance the TV deal, then I simply can't see the Ipswich bid being near strong enough to knock the Bears out. If both bids were of equal strength and development then I could see them going with Ipswich but they aren;t, and unlikely to be by next year.

The interesting thing with this post is not only will adding the WA Reds in 2013 and Ipswich in 2015 do little for the TV deal, it will also have a negative affect on the next TV deal in 2017-2020. If they sign the 2013 TV deals for 800,000 and then add Ipswich half way through the TV deal, then by the time the next deal comes around they won't want to pay more for something they have already been getting for a few years. It is this type of forward thinking that is so crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.