What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talons

Juniors
Exactly, most people don't realise that the area the Central Coast Bears will cover is almost 20% of NSW. That is almost 20% of the biggest state in Australia. That is plenty of room for two AFL teams to survive easily.

People who claim we need to combat the Gold Coast Suns with Ipswich are kidding themselves. Ipswich Jets have nothing to do with the Gold Coast Suns. The NRL has already bulked up and helping out the Gold Coast Titans with promotions, memberships and all off field activity. Which has resulted, with help by the AFL marketing for the suns, has resulted in the Gold Coast Titans having more members for 2011 then they did for 2010.

Yeah, exactly. But you are talking to much sense for most posters on here.

I would have thought that Queensland was actually a larger state than New South Wales...but then I could be wrong !

BDGS

Bench
I would have thought that Queensland was actually a larger state than New South Wales...but then I could be wrong !

I meant population wise mate.

At 30 June 2009, the estimated resident population of Queensland was 4.43 million

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@...2008-09~Main+Features~Queensland?OpenDocument

At 30 June 2009, the estimated resident population of New South Wales (NSW) reached 7.13 million people

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@...09~Main+Features~New+South+Wales?OpenDocument

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
It will. Trust me, and the ABS agrees with me. A larger and larger share of immigrants are choosing Melbourne over Sydney. And more and people that move from the rest of the country are choosing Melbourne over Sydney because they've been governed less geniusedly, their roads and hospitals are less of a basket case. Melbourne will be the country's biggest city one day and that'll be a sad day.

The ABS are constantly changing, it was originally going to be 2030, now its blown out to 2050 i believe. Regardless, Melbourne will not overtake Sydney in our liftetime.
Also, people choosing melbourne over sydney comes down to 1 thing, and that is money. It is much cheaper to buy property in melbourne than sydney these days.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The ABS are constantly changing, it was originally going to be 2030, now its blown out to 2050 i believe. Regardless, Melbourne will not overtake Sydney in our liftetime.
Also, people choosing melbourne over sydney comes down to 1 thing, and that is money. It is much cheaper to buy property in melbourne than sydney these days.
Another symptom of our sh*t government.

applesauce

Bench
Easy to say but reality is the Q'land bid is unlikely to be any where near as strong as the Bears bid. Unless they say we will admit the Reds 2013 and Ipswich 2015 to give them more building time, which does little to enhance the TV deal, then I simply can't see the Ipswich bid being near strong enough to knock the Bears out. If both bids were of equal strength and development then I could see them going with Ipswich but they aren;t, and unlikely to be by next year.

Last I heard from Gallop was they would not be expanding the competition by 2 team in the same season (dilutes the exposure and undermines the clubs entering). So it will either be 2013 and 2014 or 2013 and 2015.

There is plenty of time for Ipswich-Logan to get it's bid together. The Titans thrived with a half baked bid...

Like many have said the Bears are ready NOW, which is why they are the perfect relocation team.

Going by CC fans logic if say the Sharks fall over mid-next year (not going to happen but..) how will they move to QLD with less than a year/season (or it would cost too much to the NRL) to prepare and get up and running? The Bears are a great back-up/safety net for the NRL.

BDGS

Bench
Last I heard from Gallop was they would not be expanding the competition by 2 team in the same season (dilutes the exposure and undermines the clubs entering). So it will either be 2013 and 2014 or 2013 and 2015.

Where/when did you hear that?

Where is your source?

From what i hear the NRL won't expand by one because they don't like the idea of re-visiting a weekly bye that has not worked well in the past.

The NRL would most likely expand from 16 to 18 clubs, to avoid a weekly bye, in time for the NRL's new television deal, which is up for grabs for the 2013 season.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ensland-on-cards/story-e6frep5o-1225699047076

and more recent

The bid team was formed after Gallop said two teams would likely be admitted for the 2013 season, one team based in an expansion area such as Peth, another in heartland such as Ipswich or Central Queensland
(lol at the biased local paper)

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/08/14/ipswich-jets-in-nrl-bid-jets-plan-nrl-bid/

David Gallop suggested the NRL was looking at expansion in mid-2011, and that the Central Coast Bears are "on the right path" and that the NRL is "very impressed with progress" of the bid," said Mr Florimo.

There is plenty of time for Ipswich-Logan to get it's bid together. The Titans thrived with a half baked bid...

Like many have said the Bears are ready NOW, which is why they are the perfect relocation team.

That BS directed out finding more time to give to QLD expansion bids. This is the NRL lets make a decision when we want to, and not wait for bids to be ready. If you are not ready by the time the NRL wants you to be then bad luck. Sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for bids to get better in certain areas just because it would be nice to have a dot on that part of a map is stupid and fought with danger.

Going by CC fans logic if say the Sharks fall over mid-next year (not going to happen but..) how will they move to QLD with less than a year/season (or it would cost too much to the NRL) to prepare and get up and running? The Bears are a great back-up/safety net for the NRL.

That would be so wrong for a professional organisation to do. Not to mention looking very amateur from the outside looking in.

Last edited:

dgsfan

Juniors
Blaming a local paper for being biased? You've been nothing but in these forums! Show us some facts instead for relying on emotional sh*t.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Where/when did you hear that?

Where is your source?

From what i hear the NRL won't expand by one because they don't like the idea of re-visiting a weekly bye that has not worked well in the past.
Where is your source professor pompous ignoramus? You are truly laughable. Not only do you have the comprehension abilities of a doormat, the articulation of a cab door and the emotive irrelevance of a drunken ferret you're also a hypocrite. Laughable.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Where is your source professor pompous ignoramus? You are truly laughable. Not only do you have the comprehension abilities of a doormat, the articulation of a cab door and the emotive irrelevance of a drunken ferret you're also a hypocrite. Laughable.
In his last post fool. But I'll try again, I understand you're slow and you might need people repeating things for you before it sinks in.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ensland-on-cards/story-e6frep5o-1225699047076

The NRL would most likely expand from 16 to 18 clubs, to avoid a weekly bye, in time for the NRL's new television deal, which is up for grabs for the 2013 season.
The biggest reason for expanding is an extra game on tv, you can't do that with 1 extra team. It will go to 18, there is no way we'll have 17 teams.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
As it stands, another Queensland team is more valuable to TV networks which will result in a greater grant to the clubs.

Another Queensland team will result in more money for the other NRL clubs. Whether or not a decision should be based just on money is another question.

At the moment, id admit the Bears, but I dont have the club endorsed IC on my back.

This decision wont be made on morals. There is no right or wrong with this, this is business.

BDGS

Bench

Insults are often the sign of a poor argument.

In his last post fool. But I'll try again, I understand you're slow and you might need people repeating things for you before it sinks in.

The biggest reason for expanding is an extra game on tv, you can't do that with 1 extra team. It will go to 18, there is no way we'll have 17 teams.

Haha, i had a big laugh at this comment, even showed my cousin. She is in year 7 and she also had a good laugh at the level of stupidity shown there.

Care to rethink that statement?

in the last 6, sorry my bad.

Last edited:

dgsfan

Juniors
I think it's clear who has been outclassed in this forum now. AlwaysGreen has seriously highlighted the flaws in your argument. I just hope no one as stupid as you is going to be on the IC board.

Highway1

Juniors
In regards to the Bluetongue stadium, they could install a southern stand by by replacing the surface road with a tunnel the goes the same way as the current road besieds the southern end.

It's a bit like the Inner City Bypass in Brisbane when heading to the Breakfast Creek hotel with having a tunnel beneath the field.

Another example is Aston Villa's Villa Park Stadium in which there is a road tunnel beneath the stadium. So in terms of Bluetongue stadium expansion, there is hope, if the joint is a full house every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts