What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedVee

First Grade
If these floods get much worse Talons, the fact is that infrastructure and spending for the area of the proposed team at Ipswich will be affected long enough to postpone any sort of bid. It's a sad and unfortunate reality. Life will go on but it might take a few more years beyond 2013 for a new SEQ team to be formed in the NRL after this catastrophe.

Plus companies that would have supported the bid have that ability curtailed for a period as they get their own houses in order.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What exactly was fairytale stuff about my post? A SEQ team playing out of Suncorp?

:?

You compared WA fires to the major national disaster in SE Queensland.

Have you actually read up on what's happening in Ipswich, Toowoomba and Brisbane's metropolitan area?

gallagher

Juniors
Plus companies that would have supported the bid have that ability curtailed for a period as they get their own houses in order.
Not EVERY company in QLD is affected. Some comapnies will even prosper due to repairs/re-builds/replacment of furniture.

You guys are getting really desperate now. I'm waiting for the call that the Broncos wont be abe to go on and the Bears will be in the NRL this year.

gallagher

Juniors
:?

You compared WA fires to the major national disaster in SE Queensland.

Have you actually read up on what's happening in Ipswich, Toowoomba and Brisbane's metropolitan area?
No I'm not. I said this would effect the bid as much as the WA fires would effect their bid.

Timmah

Staff member
Not EVERY company in QLD is affected. Some comapnies will even prosper due to repairs/re-builds/replacment of furniture.

You guys are getting really desperate now. I'm waiting for the call that the Broncos wont be abe to go on and the Bears will be in the NRL this year.
You'll find most companies in Ipswich and all areas between Ipswich and the city along the river will all be affected somehow.

The only desparation is coming from people like yourself trying to play this down. This situation isn't about the Bears benefiting, it's about the sad reality that SE Qld is facing and the simple fact that they won't be ready to present a bid to the NRL this year, which is the plan for the Bears and WA Reds as I understand it.

This will set back Ipswich's bid, whether you agree or not.

RedVee

First Grade

You guys? I thought the comp actually required a Qld team ahead of CC (no matter how much I feel that "justice" would be served by the CC Bears return) - so leave the "you guys.... getting desparate" crap out.

gallagher

Juniors
You'll find most companies in Ipswich and all areas between Ipswich and the city along the river will all be affected somehow.

The only desparation is coming from people like yourself trying to play this down. This situation isn't about the Bears benefiting, it's about the sad reality that SE Qld is facing and the simple fact that they won't be ready to present a bid to the NRL this year, which is the plan for the Bears and WA Reds as I understand it.

And only Ipswich companies are allowed as part of the bid to sponsor the club are they? Getting hilarious now.

Timmah

Staff member
No I'm not. I said this would effect the bid as much as the WA fires would effect their bid.

Yes, that means you are suggesting the WA fires are affecting the Perth bid in the same way the SE Qld floods are affecting Ipswich Jets bid.

In case you hadn't noticed, the Bremer River and Ipswich have combined to put a third of the township UNDER WATER. The Brisbane River has encroached to the point where the ENTIRE surface of Suncorp Stadium is underwater.

This isn't just some water nearby, this is damaging the townships and cities of South East Queensland and it's not going to let up for some time to come. The entire state will be dealing with this for months and years, and government money that may have been previously available to facilitate a bid for a new Queensland team won't be available for that purpose.

How you can try and justify this as a desperate grab by Bears supporters is beyond me. What you're doing is selling short just how devastating this crisis is.

Timmah

Staff member
And only Ipswich companies are allowed as part of the bid to sponsor the club are they? Getting hilarious now.
Your desparation to discredit the Bears bid based on comments here is tragic, pathetic and sad. This isn't just about Ipswich you fool.

Talk about disgusting.

gallagher

Juniors
You guys? I thought the comp actually required a Qld team ahead of CC (no matter how much I feel that "justice" would be served by the CC Bears return) - so leave the "you guys.... getting desparate" crap out.

So you agree that your comment was pretty stupid and feel the need to divert.
Fair enough.

BDGS

Bench
What exactly was fairytale stuff about my post? A SEQ team playing out of Suncorp?

This - "Some bears supporters are really getting worried now to have to come up with any excuse to write off a rival bid."

and

This

gallagher

Juniors
Your desparation to discredit the Bears bid based on comments here is tragic, pathetic and sad. This isn't just about Ipswich you fool.

Talk about disgusting.
I got no idea what you talking about now. Another one who has to divert the conversation.

Timmah

Staff member
Think about it this way gallagher:

If you were a resident of Ipswich trying to rebuild your life, home or business in the coming two years, would you support the government doling out money to build a brand new Rugby League stadium in the area?

I'm pretty sure, as much as Queenslanders love their footy, that getting lives, homes and businesses back on track is far more important.

Personally as a supporter of the Bears' bid, I'd actually prefer the competition from locations like Ipswich to know that when they're admitted, they did it on their own merits.

gallagher

Juniors
Think about it this way gallagher:

If you were a resident of Ipswich trying to rebuild your life, home or business in the coming two years, would you support the government doling out money to build a brand new Rugby League stadium in the area?

I'm pretty sure, as much as Queenslanders love their footy, that getting lives, homes and businesses back on track is far more important.

Personally as a supporter of the Bears' bid, I'd actually prefer the competition from locations like Ipswich to know that when they're admitted, they did it on their own merits.

I've already said that the bid could include playing out of Suncorp. But thats a fairytale supposedly.

Timmah

Staff member
So the good people of Ipswich deserve their own team, they'll just have to drive 45 minutes or more into the city to watch them? :?

If and when they come in (which I believe is almost certain within this decade), I would think they would like to have a stadium in their own town to play out of...

gallagher

Juniors
So the good people of Ipswich deserve their own team, they'll just have to drive 45 minutes or more into the city to watch them? :?
Yes. You think all Broncos supporters live within 10 mins of Suncorp? Plenty of supporters travel 45 mins and more to get to games

BearsForever

Juniors

If and when they come in (which I believe is almost certain within this decade), I would think they would like to have a stadium in their own town to play out of...

A 45 minute drive is a 24 hour swim! Any Ipswitch team is dead!

Timmah

Staff member
Well aware of that, I'm a Canterbury supporter who lives on the Central Coast ;-)

Your assertion still makes no sense. The Brisbane Broncos play at Milton, a suburb less than 2 kilometres from the city.

You're suggesting the Ipswich Jets should play at Milton, a suburb of Brisbane, more than 35 kilometres away.

You could simply just be honest - you hate the Bears bid and refuse to concede it's a possibility when the decision is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts